Thread: Yes, a royal after being dealt four.

I think it's a miracle based on my track record. I actually got a royal last night after being dealt four to the royal.

It was at Rincon. The APs will admire me for what I did.

I had $215 of free play, and went to a $1 8/5 Bonus machine. Had a couple of nice hits with full houses and straights and then got the four hearts. Drew the Jh.

I think it is the first time I ever drew a royal with four to the royal without breaking up a straight or a pair.

Several years ago I was dealt a straight with four to the royal, and drew the royal.

But this time it's what I would call a "naked draw" in that I didn't sacrifice any made hand trying for the royal.

It was nice to hit it on free play money.

Nice. I will be going down there tonight! keep those machines warm for me Alan. In fact if you are still down there tonight around 8:00 I would love to shake hands with you.

Hi bigfoot. Now this was just a "drop in session" and a relatively short one too. I arrived Tuesday night at 11:45pm in time to load by Tuesday Free play on the machine. I hit the royal just before midnight. After midnight I loaded my Wednesday free play. At about 4-am I went to Pechanga to play through my $50 freeplay there and cashed out $25.

Congratulations Alan. Sometimes it does seem like it takes forever to draw that last card for the RF. I've mentioned my long streaks in the past without hitting (208 and 199), but I've also hit on back-back tries about 2 hours apart. Right now I'm at 105 misses in a row and counting.

You never know when a little streak of RFs might start. This could be just the first of many.

Jason had a nice string of Royals about a month ago, when he had four in one weekend. I wrote about this in another thread.

In my case, last night's royal was the first since the $5 royal I got in January. So that's two for 2012. None in 2011. If I remember I had four (or was it 5?) in 2010. Curiously both of the 2012 royals were in hearts. With the exception of the last two in hearts, and one more than a year ago in diamonds, all of the others going back about eight years are spades or clubs including the four big progressives, and the dealt royal on a 50 play machine.

Overall, I'm stll "due" a bunch of royals to make up for my long drought in 2010 and Im due for diamonds and hearts.

Congrats! Did you notice the accumulation of flushes, straights, etc. more than normal on this session? Just curious.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Congrats! Did you notice the accumulation of flushes, straights, etc. more than normal on this session? Just curious.
    Dare I say the machine was... hot?

Yes, it started to hit winners as soon as I started playing. After hitting the $1 royal, I switched to $2 and got a straight flush A thru 5 also hearts and one four of a kind. But after that I went to a $5 8/5 Bonus game where I got quad aces, but it cost me before and after. Still came back with a nice profit on the "free play."

When I hit the other royal in January, the royal was preceded by multiple big wins of quads and the machine spit out a ticket for $625 and another for $200 because my credits were high. At Rincon the machines usually spit out a ticket when the credits exceed $1200.

But does this mean I believe in hot and cold machines? No. Do machines get hot? Yes. Do machines get cold? Yes. Are they programmed to be that way? No.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    But does this mean I believe in hot and cold machines? No. Do machines get hot? Yes. Do machines get cold? Yes. Are they programmed to be that way? No.
    Does a basketball get hot when a player makes a bunch of shots? Or is it the basketball player?

No, the machine did not get hot. You got hot. For random games player's will normally experience both hot and cold streaks. If they didn't, the game would not be random.

WELL, HERE'S A HOTTIE! Everyone rub the screen whenever you go to this post! I went to Horseshoe in Bossier and was playing 5-10-25 cent aart and just going back and forth on bp. So I switched to ddbp and played max credits-same as quarters- and hit the Royal and dang if it wasn't in hearts again. And it was with the $25 free play they sent! Woo Hoo! Three to the Royal came up 3 times and the final one hit- AK, and 10 of hearts. Let's spread this around! LOL.

I finally got the OK to go out so we had someone watch our dog while we went to some winerys, hiking in the cool mountains here, and stayed overnight in a B&B. But it's always nice to hear about royals, esp. the type like I get lately on freeplay. I have no idea, however, why anyone would waste their time collecting such boring information about how many times in a row the 5th royal card didn't appear on the draw. What's the difference, unless you're looking for a pattern or hint of the machine not being random. I guess some people are thrilled and chilled by all the little things.... when that's all they have.

Well, Rob, I guess I'm included in that bunch who keep track of how many times they are dealt four to the royal and fail to draw the magic card. I attribute it to just bad luck. And frankly, I've had a lot of bad luck when it comes to drawing royals. And I don't believe in rigged machines.

It's me questioning why anyone would waste their time on such a thing more than anything else. What does it accomplish to keep track of such a meaningless thing anyway? I can see arci doing it because what else does he have to stimulate him anyways? But regular players with an actual life need not be concerned with what has happened in the past because it is what it is. I don't get excited by knowing I'm not hitting a four card royal and no player should. If I hit it I'm a stud; if not I'm a dud. That's all it is!

Funny thing Rob: Ive hit more royals holding only 3 cards, than holding four.

And you've hit more quads holding two cards than holding three.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    And you've hit more quads holding two cards than holding three.
    I don't know that and never kept track of when I do or do not hit quads. I do know that it is your belief that you hit more quads just holding a pair.

A lone pair is dealt once every 2.37 hands. 3oak is dealt once every 47 hands. You hit a quad holding a pair once every 360 tries. You hit a quad holding 3oak once every 23.5 tries.

2.37*360 = 853
    47*23.5 = 1104

And, you're dealt a quad once 4165 hands.

Notice arci's a bit silent on the "he's trying to impress" stuff because he actually knows how to get to what I said. In the other thread, frustration git the best of him.

And you should. In many games about 40% of your RFs should come from holding 3 cards. About 30% come from holding 4 cards.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    And you should. In many games about 40% of your RFs should come from holding 3 cards. About 30% come from holding 4 cards.
    Help me understand this:

When I hold four cards to a royal I have only a 1/47 chance of hitting the royal. Holding 3 cards to the royal, I have something like a 1/1000 chance of hitting the royal. Is your statement "In many games about 40% of your RFs should come from holding 3 cards. About 30% come from holding 4 cards" actually just a little twist of this:

I am more likely to be dealt three to the royal than four to the royal, therefore I have more opportunities to hit a royal holding three cards than holding four?

Help me understand this:

When I hold four cards to a royal I have only a 1/47 chance of hitting the royal. Holding 3 cards to the royal, I have something like a 1/1000 chance of hitting the royal. Is your statement "In many games about 40% of your RFs should come from holding 3 cards. About 30% come from holding 4 cards" actually just a little twist of this:

I am more likely to be dealt three to the royal than four to the royal, therefore I have more opportunities to hit a royal holding three cards than holding four?
    Yes, just like the example above for hitting quads. 4RF occurs once every 2777 hands and converts once every 47 tries. 3RF occurs every 66 hands and converts once every 1081 tries.

2777*47 = 130519
    66*1081 = 71346

Thread Information