Originally Posted by redietz View Post
Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post
Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post

You highlight real insinuating I’m not ? I got 600k in a bag currently sitting in a hotel room at a gambling destination that I’m sure Dan can verify that says otherwise you fraud. I’m here to call you out. Think I don’t know you ? Lol what I open book you are. You doxed your entire life and family online for years idiot
So let’s talk about robs gambling career. Do you have any idea how much money rob needed to play the levels of Vp he did for all those years ? You can’t be this stupid to believe the guy was unsuccessful.

You never had the roll to play one tenth the volume he did at those stakes. This includes the late Alan M. Both of those men were and are more successful then you will ever be.

Seed, here's the issue I have with your arguments.

About 35 years ago, a reporter for the Pottsville Republican (which has a Pulitzer under its belt) interviewed me prior to the NFL playoffs, as papers occasionally have done. I had a bang-up year in the Wise Guys Contest and overall, winning 60-some percent of my games. And I was on a really good multi-year streak, as tallied in "Tipsters or Gypsters?" which was published in Las Vegas. Anyway, the reporter asked me how successful I had been, and I answered I had won 60% ATS for that year and x% for three years and y% for five years and finished first in the Wise Guys and second in Bally's College Contest and all this. Later in the interview, he came back and asked me the same question, and I expanded on the answer. And then at the conclusion of the interview, he asked me the same question again, and the light bulb finally went on. He wanted me to answer how much income I had, which I declined to do.

My point is that when you use the word "successful," Seed, you and that reporter are talking about income or wealth or something that is not the general definition of "successful." If you're a whiz-bang AP and you consider yourself "successful" because you have x number of dollars, then any Chinese billionaire's son who plops themselves in Las Vegas next week and makes more money than you is "more successful" than you by your definition. I find this absurd.

Before you go on some rant than records and expertise don't translate into real "success," bear in mind I recently finished living in the same multi-million-dollar house as a dude who pumped through a million playing blackjack in 24 hours or something like that. I was basically doing the Magnum P.I. thing on Higgins' estate. Now this guy listened to me and worked with me, and I worked with him. So does where I lived or what I drove (occasionally a Lambo) mean I am "successful?" Or does doing that stuff for a few years not count? My girlfriend and I were staying in the master bedroom, by the way, so no, we were not in the servants' quarters.

Your definition of "success" is messed up, Seed. I've worked with presidents of companies, CFO's, a vice-president of Boeing, and Billy Walters. Success is being able to do what you want to be able to do, at a high level, and have other "successful" people recognize and respect you. It ain't exclusively or even primarily about money.
I read Smart Money years ago. Billy Walters used statisticians that ran simulations on matchups all week long before gametime. The only way you can do that is with statistics. Statistics is math. Walters was betting according to the math.