So, I had a $10 gift card for a certain Restaurant. I ordered a happy hour calamari, Coke, happy hour chicken tenders with fries, free water. The bill was about $25. I had about $25 in my Bank Account before I went to the Restaurant. When it was time to pay, I paid with the $10 gift card and when I used my debit card to pay the roughly $15, my debit card was DECLINED!

Both me and my Waiter assumed the card hadn't been tapped/swiped the right way, and we tried again, and still DECLINED. I called my Bank and lo and behold, I was now NEGATIVE about $75 dollars! Turns out, I owed about $120 for a Loan I had taken out. I had called earlier, and I was told I only owed $20. I thought,"That $100 must have been forgiven! I paid the $20 and was told I didn't owe any more money. I withdrew the extra $100 I would have given for the loan and spent it.

Between the time I still had the $25 and the time for meal to be paid, the extra $100 went through and I was now NEGATIVE about $75! I went from having about $25 in the bank to being NEGATIVE about $75! I told the Staff I had roughly $25 in my Bank Account before coming to the Restaurant and a Payment unexpectedly went through, leaving me now NEGATIVE.I asked if I could leave some kind of collateral like an ID and pay for it in a couple of more days when I would have more money. They were extremely kind, lenient, and forgiving. They comped the roughly $15 for me. That could have been REALLY bad, not being able to pay my roughly $15 balance!