Thread: Horrifying Jokes that have come true? :O

When I was around 17, Hagar The Horrible Comic had a joke that said something like,"Bad news. Social Security has ended. Good news. You all can work until your 90!" The People in the Comic looked understandably troubled. My high school Teacher asked if anyone found this joke funny. We all were like,"No!" The Teacher was like,"Good. I didn't find this joke funny either." I found the joke of having to work until your 90 horrifying. And.... In recent years, this joke has sadly come true. On the news, there was a report of an 80 year old man having to work at Door Dash! I am horrified! In another News Report, a 72 year old woman working at Domino's fell while delivering groceries! This is horrifying!

I remember a joke going around when Covid was still heavily in effect saying something like,"Pretty soon, we won't be able to eat in a restaurant or go to a movie theater if we aren't vaccinated. " The joke did come true very soon with many Restaurants not allowing unvaccinated People to visit!

When Contagion Movie , a Movie about a really bad global pandemic from China came out in 2011, many people joked that eventually we'd be getting a really bad global pandemic like the one in Contagion. 9 years later, Coronavirus/Covid-19 , a really bad global pandemic like the one in Contagion broke out in China like in Contagion Movie.
    Last edited by Tasha; 02-15-2023 at 03:08 AM.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

I kind of feel all these balloons won't be very funny soon.

Originally Posted by theywontpayontuesday View Post
    I kind of feel all these balloons won't be very funny soon.
    Reminds me of 99/Luftballoons/99 Red Balloons song by Nena. In the song/songs, one is the original German Song, the second is the English Translation, since most English speaking people would have no idea what she is saying in the original German version, except for two words, Captain Kirk. I remember on another Website asking why she said Captain in clear English in even the German version and wondering why she didn't use the German translation for Captain too. The response was something like,"Because Captain Kirk is a Proper name, a Title. She shouldn't use the German version of Captain, Kapitaan when using a Proper name/Title.

The songs are about two people who innocently buy 99 balloons and release them. The 99 balloons look like a nuclear threat and a war starts all because of these innocent balloons. The city is destroyed after the war and Nena seems to be the lone survivor after the war, even her Friend is implied to have died in the war, yikes! All this destruction and loss of life started all because of innocent balloons, yikes! The songs were released in 1983/1984 as an anti protest to the then raging Cold War, an era of a lot of tension when Countries feared they would be getting nuked by other Countries. Thank God the nuking didn't happen..
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

I think this is your best new thread since “Post your favorite Youtube comments”

Thread Information