Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
Originally Posted by redietz View Post
Again, the main question is:

Handicappers can do every blessed thing "APs" do and have been doing them for decades. Arbitrage? Check. Middles shooting? Check. Bonus exploitation? Check. Using programs to monitor line moves to facilitate arbitrage and middles shooting? Check. Plus, handicappers know the teams. They also know the public, which means they have some non-zero effectiveness anticipating line shifts before they happen. Thus, the question becomes: What do "APs" think that they do that handicappers can't?
"What do AP's think they can do that handicappers can't?" I question the premise of this statement. For some reason redietz is implying that AP's think they are better at betting sports than professional handicappers. Why the hell would any AP think that?
A big part of the issue I had with Redietz is his mocking people who consistently beat sports. He has claimed it is near possible. It isn't a "I don't believe". It is a "that is impossible - sure they may win for short term but no long term winners beat more than one sport". Such garbage. He just acts like he knows more about +EV sports betting than the APs on here and that has shown to not be the case repeatedly. If he'd just stuck with handicapping +stories and not felt a need to insult everyone due to his gross insecurity then I'd had little issue with him.

He literally mocks terminology used by pro-sports bettors who are well known and have been going at it for decades. Redietz seriously thinks he is the jedi-master of sports betting but very very little evidence supporting that.

So now inorder to save face he has made a ton of strawmen. No one ever said handicappers don't exploit various angles. It would be a stupid thing to say but now Redietz has made it into a strawman and no one ever made the claim to begin with.

He still has never said what he does that is not "lunch money". Tournaments? Is he saying that the "up top" prizes on tourneys are so big? I still have no clue. It is just a lot of insulting due to his insecurity. Then he annoys the fuck out of every AP and they deservedly pile on him.