Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2154

Thread: Professional Sportsbetting

So people are ganging up now, demanding to see Redeitz's taxes? What the fuck!

MaxPen, AccountinQuestion, axelwolf, you are joining in on this too? Should we expect to see your tax returns anytime soon? Looking forward to that. I won't even mention Singer, as this moron has refused to prove anything for million dollar claim after million dollar claim, for 20 years now. Always claims he threw them away.

What a fucking forum? You guys gang up on someone you have decided you don't like and don't believe and demand things like he is on trial. No wonder this forums membership dwindles from a ridiculous few members to now literally a handful "witchhunting" trolls.

It is a fucking gambling forum. If someone makes some claim you don't beleive.....then don't believe it. And you can tell them why you don't believe it, if you want. But you don't get to demand to see taxes, or any proof of anything like they are on trial. What the fuck is wrong with you assholes. I have never demanded to see tax returns from anyone, including Mdawg. And certainly not Singer. God only knows what photo-shopped nonsense he would post (like the RV bill of sales).

Seriously, someone explain to me why anyone thinks they have a right to demand to see Tax returns or bank account statements (which was demanded of me)? What fucking alternative universe do you people live in?

Anyone demanding such shit should be willing to put theirs up first. So again, looking forward to seeing multiple tax returns from Maxpen, AccountinQuestion and Axelwolf.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

MaxPen, AccountinQuestion, axelwolf, you are joining in on this too? Should we expect to see your tax returns anytime soon? Looking forward to that. I won't even mention Singer, as this moron has refused to prove anything for million dollar claim after million dollar claim, for 20 years now. Always claims he threw them away.

What a fucking forum? You guys gang up on someone you have decided you don't like and don't believe and demand things like he is on trial. No wonder this forums membership dwindles from a ridiculous few members to now literally a handful "witchhunting" trolls.

It is a fucking gambling forum. If someone makes some claim you don't beleive.....then don't believe it. And you can tell them why you don't believe it, if you want. But you don't get to demand to see taxes, or any proof of anything like they are on trial. What the fuck is wrong with you assholes. I have never demanded to see tax returns from anyone, including Mdawg. And certainly not Singer. God only knows what photo-shopped nonsense he would post (like the RV bill of sales).

Seriously, someone explain to me why anyone thinks they have a right to demand to see Tax returns or bank account statements (which was demanded of me)? What fucking alternative universe do you people live in?

Anyone demanding such shit should be willing to put theirs up first. So again, looking forward to seeing multiple tax returns from Maxpen, AccountinQuestion and Axelwolf.
    I haven't demanded anything. You're such a nutjob. I'm not even sure what you're talking about. I am trying to understand taxes better and the options as a gambler. It really is a crock of shit as a semi-pro gambler. Some would say that it is so unfair that a gamble is morally obligated to not pay their taxes.

Go back to sucking dick for a few red-chips to pay protection money to your tunnel-pappy. And I mean this. Sincerely.

You're too stupid to post on here. Thats a fact. You somehow are trying to convey your victim card through Redietz by making up shit that isn't even happening. You are on here demanding stuff daily.

Stop being such an utter and complete goddam loser, Kewl. Seriously. No one believes anything you say and you referring to all these "AP friends" that no one knows is just more evidence.

The best advice I can give that you might actually listen to is "don't lick the floors of your tunnel".

Just think of any conversation ever being held about Kewl in relation to his internet presence is a story of the insufferable gay guy (supposedly) who has carried on a charade for years a a successful blackjack counter. He has found a "free speech forum" where he can't be removed like the wart he is. Thatd pretty much be the full and complete story, Kewl. How does that feel?

PS -
    Funny how MaxPen (the guy who readily and rightfully dismisses Kewl) is the guy who actually contributed something useful in the past page or so. Taxes are so goofy with all the dependencies. I have to pay for my rooms and such out of taxed money so that I can win money. It is effectively double-taxing me. Tax on A to win B then pay tax again on B. Whaaaaat.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I doubt you talk to people like that in real life to their face, because if you did, someone would put a bullet in you. And that isn't a threat. That you talk to people like that on a forum just means you are a pussy and coward, just as most bullies like you are.

Why do you think you or anyone else should know who my AP friends and associates are? Only one of which is in Vegas. Why do you think that is any of your fucking business?

You are a real piece of shit AccountinQuestion.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about, I never requested or said anything even in the ballpark related to his taxes ever.

Please show me a post about where or why you got that idea, as related to me.

I'm telling you, these forms make you batshit crazy sometimes. And don't give me any BS about ganging up on
    on anyone, I don't jump on the bandwagon and a mob mentality and start ganging up on people. You can go back way back and see that I was asking Red tough questions long ago. And if you think people have been ganging up on you as of late, go back and you will see that I called you out long before the anti-KJ group started to gangbang up on you. You will see that I see something hinky I'm calling people out long before there's a group mob mentality.

Why does it seem like you calling us out for something nobody demanded, just so you can pretend to defend someone or something that's really about you? They're certainly has to be better ways for you to reinforce the fact that you will never prove anything.

I don't think I have ever demanded to see anyone's taxes ever. But feel free to quote it if I did.

Looks like someone, at the Excalibur restroom stall, got ahold of your ears and didn't let go bruising your brain for the holidays.......RIP
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

The few people that I know in similar situations have all been ruled not professional gamblers by the IRS. It is best for a person to not deduct any expenses and just adjust win/loss records accordingly.

Also, filing as a professional gambler comes with a host of problems. The additional 15% self employment tax being the major one.
    I pay the 15% regardless on my income? I still learn about taxes but are you saying you can claim gambling winnings without paying the 15%?

I just learned about the solo401k this year. I can put around 60k in it tax free. Sweeet.
    If you're a professional gambler that is unincorporated you are filing your wins, losses, and expenses on Schedule C just like any other sole proprietor. You pay 15.3% self employment tax on top of your regular income tax.

If you're not a pro your wins and losses net result will be filed on Schedule A. You are only subject to income tax according to your tax bracket on that. No additional self employment tax. You cannot claim losses until you meet your standard deduction under this scenario. You will not pay self employment tax in addition to income tax under this scenario.

The IRS gets real squirrelly once an individual starts claiming professional and deducting expenses. Especially in a case such as Singer's claim. I have seen the few people that tried what he was claiming he did for ten years denied professional status. A person would only even want to attempt it if they were already maxing out social security anyhow. But most likely in that scenario they would fail to meet IRS qualifications.
    There's numerous variables involved based on individual circumstances and it's not as simple as you're saying. Also, your "maxing out on SS comment is unclear". I wasn't receiving it yet during 2000-2009.

I did go thru 2 audits while I was filing schedule C's, and the concern about being denied status never entered into the discussion. No problems were found in either audit other than a minor addition error that netted me an $850 refund check upon completion of the first audit. I attribute all this to the guidance and answered questions I received as I filed.

Most here and you especially don't want to hear this and I'm not gonna argue it further. These audits were both during my DU play years when I was profiting at least $500k/yr. I requested IRS advice and went at it without playing tax games or making multiple passes like most gambling w2g people who file Schedule A's do. The expenses deductions I took were maximized to their furthest limits. Some I had to see the actual provisions in the IRS manuals to believe. The Arizona auditors were not as astute as Nevada's would be at the time due to the comparative numbers of professional gamblers filing, and I used that to my advantage where I could. But by far, the two most overwhelmingly important tactics were: to have detailed and traceable contemporaneous records & numbers from A to Z; and to treat every auditor with respect--no matter how much of an asshole or how frustratingly dense they were.

Finally, with the effects on the large increase to AGI, no matter if losses deducted on schedule A equaled winnings claimed on the 1040--and with that pesky AMT always looming in the background in these types of situations (as well as my being a writer, trainer and consultant) Schedule C was always the most advantageous.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 12-29-2023 at 06:45 AM.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

I pay the 15% regardless on my income? I still learn about taxes but are you saying you can claim gambling winnings without paying the 15%?

I just learned about the solo401k this year. I can put around 60k in it tax free. Sweeet.
    If you're a professional gambler that is unincorporated you are filing your wins, losses, and expenses on Schedule C just like any other sole proprietor. You pay 15.3% self employment tax on top of your regular income tax.

If you're not a pro your wins and losses net result will be filed on Schedule A. You are only subject to income tax according to your tax bracket on that. No additional self employment tax. You cannot claim losses until you meet your standard deduction under this scenario. You will not pay self employment tax in addition to income tax under this scenario.

The IRS gets real squirrelly once an individual starts claiming professional and deducting expenses. Especially in a case such as Singer's claim. I have seen the few people that tried what he was claiming he did for ten years denied professional status. A person would only even want to attempt it if they were already maxing out social security anyhow. But most likely in that scenario they would fail to meet IRS qualifications.
    There's numerous variables involved based on individual circumstances and it's not as simple as you're saying. Also, your "maxing out on SS comment is unclear". I wasn't receiving it yet during 2000-2009.

I did go thru 2 audits while I was filing schedule C's, and the concern about being denied status never entered into the discussion. No problems were found in either audit other than a minor addition error that netted me an $850 refund check upon completion of the first audit. I attribute all this to the guidance and answered questions I received as I filed.

Most here and you especially don't want to hear this and I'm not gonna argue it further. These audits were both during my DU play years when I was profiting at least $500k/yr. I requested IRS advice and went at it without playing tax games or making multiple passes like most gambling w2g people who file Schedule A's do. The expenses deductions I took were maximized to their furthest limits. Some I had to see the actual provisions in the IRS manuals to believe. The Arizona auditors were not as astute as Nevada's would be at the time due to the comparative numbers of professional gamblers filing, and I used that to my advantage where I could. But by far, the two most overwhelmingly important tactics were: to have detailed and traceable contemporaneous records & numbers from A to Z; and to treat every auditor with respect--no matter how much of an asshole or how frustratingly dense they were.

Finally, with the effects on the large increase to AGI, no matter if losses deducted on schedule A equaled winnings claimed on the 1040--and with that pesky AMT always looming in the background in these types of situations (as well as my being a writer, trainer and consultant) Schedule C was always the most advantageous.
    You're a master class in bullshit.

I will not waste time arguing anything with you because there is no point. I will quickly point out one thing from the above quote. What would a state auditor have to do with anything federal? Nevada doesn't even have anything to audit because there is no state income tax.
    Last edited by MaxPen; 12-29-2023 at 07:47 AM.

I doubt you talk to people like that in real life to their face, because if you did, someone would put a bullet in you. And that isn't a threat. That you talk to people like that on a forum just means you are a pussy and coward, just as most bullies like you are.

Why do you think you or anyone else should know who my AP friends and associates are? Only one of which is in Vegas. Why do you think that is any of your fucking business?

This post gave me an idea. I think one of my rules for doing an interview with Todd would be that accountinquestion were present in the room. I like doing interviews in person, so I think that would add to the interest. A little added drama and all that. Now that I think about it, MaxPen should certainly also be present. The more the merrier.

The few people that I know in similar situations have all been ruled not professional gamblers by the IRS. It is best for a person to not deduct any expenses and just adjust win/loss records accordingly.

Also, filing as a professional gambler comes with a host of problems. The additional 15% self employment tax being the major one.

Slight correction---wins go on 1040 as other income. The deduction for losses is on Schedule A. The Schedule A deduction is limited to the win shown as other income.

Totally ignore that you made up shit about me. Typical.

I am not s tough guy but idgaf either. I've been shot at before. Shit happens. I have plenty of haters in real life bro. I get along well with people who also dgaf and those really smart. Working on gaining fri3nds not living on the margins of society... lololol

None of it is my business but just shows how full of shit you are. Been in LV for years .. how long is it? Lived on forums and still - you know 1 AP.

I watched the youtube of that Steven guy when they hit Vegas. It shows how even the bread and butter of your story is extremely implausible.

I will say I was in a shitty mood so when I see you going on about nonsense that clearly didn't happen .. I unloaded. The victim card delivered via redietz and made up at that. I don't know if anyone asked for taxes. No one gives a shit outside of ppinting out redietz's nonsense.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I don't think I have ever demanded to see anyone's taxes ever. But feel free to quote it if I did.

Looks like someone, at the Excalibur restroom stall, got ahold of your ears and didn't let go bruising your brain for the holidays.......RIP
    Elven earred Kewl. Straight out of a Tolkien novel with the Knights n shit of the Excalibur.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

This post gave me an idea. I think one of my rules for doing an interview with Todd would be that accountinquestion were present in the room. I like doing interviews in person, so I think that would add to the interest. A little added drama and all that. Now that I think about it, MaxPen should certainly also be present. The more the merrier.
    You are reinforcing your caricature. I don't claim to know much about sports betting. I also said I wouldn't use it as an opportunity to clown you.

Epic. Your book On ducking out has literally 1 tactic. After all your talk still the same thing. Redietz you're not relevant enough for me to interact with you outside this forum
    This idea of people traveling to listen to you is the complete height of delusion.

You have been shown to be full of shit so I'm not understanding. You have offered these speeches before and have now been given a venue where you will be respected. YET.... YOU don't. Glad you think I am relevant to sports betting but I am not. I just know it from a math/AP perspective and am completely willing to defend my.opinions on here
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 12-29-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post

Slight correction---wins go on 1040 as other income. The deduction for losses is on Schedule A. The Schedule A deduction is limited to the win shown as other income.
    Thanks, yes that is correct. Unfortunately I have to file Schedule C and I don't have any reason to itemize deductions anymore at this time so it has been about 7 years since I've had to. Regardless the point regarding Singer's story doesn't make sense and the IRS would not allow what he described to continue much more than a few years. Besides who the hell would want it to when you have to fork over an extra 15%.

Gamblers maintain logs. They can pretty much log whatever they want. The whole US system of taxation related to gambling is a joke. No other country handles it the way we do. But it does allow for the free play train to steam along. If we were like other countries the government would be getting the bulk of money that fuels the free play train.

I don't know anything about sports but I'd show up to clown you on your monk shoes if that's what it takes to get the interview. Also, it has to be in Nevada or California

I don't know anything about sports but I'd show up to clown you on your monk shoes if that's what it takes to get the interview. Also, it has to be in Nevada or California
    Let it be known that to my dying day I will never be caught in a pair of "monk shoes".

redietz, where do you get that a room is needed to do an interview? What? Do you think Druff has a studio in some strip mall somewhere in California? His "studio" is most likely in his house. Are you inviting yourself and others to congregate at Druff's house? He's like a C celebrity. Do you think he wants to expose exactly where he lives?

There is an efficient way of doing things and an inefficient way of doing things. In person interviews are inefficient. For 2 or more people to show up at the same location takes a lot of planning. People have to re-schedule other projects to accommodate the meeting. Time, travel, lodging, scheduling.

redietz, here's a novel idea for you:

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    tel·e·con·fer·ence
    /ˈteləˌkänf(ə)rəns/
    noun
    noun: teleconference; plural noun: teleconferences

a conference with participants in different locations linked by telecommunications devices.

My first GWAE interview was done over the phone. That was back in 2007.

But my next 3 interviews were teleconferences on Skype. Bob was in Nevada. Richard was in California. I was in Oregon for the first one, can't remember where I was at for the other two. But I saw and heard both Bob and Richard on a split screen and they seen and heard me. It's the equivalent of being in the same room together.

Skype was easy to set up. Bob and I communicated thru email. He sent me a phone number to call at a mutually agreed upon time. So I made the call thru Skype and whoopee! We were all on a teleconference. We did the 1 hour interviews then went about our normal business. The interviews took just a couple of hours out of my life, not the several days in person interviews would have taken. If Bob and Richard had demanded in person interviews they wouldn't have gotten 20% of those interviews.

Redietz, please quit trying to do things the hard way. And please quit trying to get others to do things the hard way with you.

PS: Along with the teleconference can be call in guests. I already know that Druff has them on his show.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-29-2023 at 12:54 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    redietz, where do you get that a room is needed to do an interview? What? Do you think Druff has a studio in some strip mall somewhere in California? His "studio" is most likely in his house. Are you inviting yourself and others to congregate at Druff's house? He's like a C celebrity. Do you think he wants to expose exactly where he lives?

There is an efficient way of doing things and an inefficient way of doing things. In person interviews are inefficient. For 2 or more people to show up at the same location takes a lot of planning. People have to re-schedule other projects to accommodate the meeting. Time, travel, lodging, scheduling.

redietz, here's a novel idea for you:

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    tel·e·con·fer·ence
    /ˈteləˌkänf(ə)rəns/
    noun
    noun: teleconference; plural noun: teleconferences

a conference with participants in different locations linked by telecommunications devices.

My first GWAE interview was done over the phone. That was back in 2007.

But my next 3 interviews were teleconferences on Skype. Bob was in Nevada. Richard was in California. I was in Oregon for the first one, can't remember where I was at for the other two. But I seen both Bob and Richard on a split screen and they could see me.

Skype was easy to set up. Bob and I communicated thru email. Bob sent me a phone number to call at a mutually agreed to time. So I made the call thru Skype and whoopee! We were all on a teleconference. We did the 1 hour interviews then went about our normal business. If Bob and Richard had demanded in person interviews they wouldn't have gotten 20% of those interviews.

Redietz quit trying to do things the hard way. And quit trying to get others to do things the hard way with you.
    He's not trying to do things the hard way. He is flat up trying to not do the things period. He has used this same tactics ad nauseum. He can't admit as much. He says he's not scared to do the show but won't. He can't find any way to save face so this is what he comes up with. He did the same thing over a $1000 sports pick'em contest.

In fact he was silent on the excuses for Druff's show until he got to use Kewl's post to ease his excuse into the conversation. If one reads these posts closely they should KNOW he wanted to make that excuse prior - it is just that Kewl's post gave him the excuse for coming up with it. Trust me, he had considered it many times before.

100%.

You know old Monk Shoes Red is reaching if one of his requirements is that I show. Someone who adds zero value to a discussion on sports betting. Maybe he's implying that he could shoot me then.

Him and Gunplay, what a crew....lol

You know old Monk Shoes Red is reaching if one of his requirements is that I show. Someone who adds zero value to a discussion on sports betting. Maybe he's implying that he could shoot me then.

Him and Gunplay, what a crew....lol
    Yea a person whose take I respect a ton suggested some time ago that Redietz's desire to know the identity of others is so he can have leverage of some sort. A way for him to get people to shut-up. It isn't for the reasons he expressed. When pressed why to do this he says we might want to be famous but has offered no other excuse.

It has been clear he wants to take this stuff outside the forum. It isn't my fault he desires to put his name out there and someone dug into it. Kewl is smart in that regard but Redietz is looking for investors so being anonymous doesn't work.

He is the guy who threatened Mickey in PMs but he just wants to be left alone so he can spin his tales of crushing sports.

Can you imagine us 3 showing up? I'd be packing 100% lol.

I on the other hand has no interest in who he actually is. It was funny when someone used his name to dig up the owing $500 to the tax people but it wasn't me and frankly I don't care.

The guy has little to live for at this point and this site is a big outlet for him. I wouldn't particularly be surprised if that he didn't plan to shoot either of us in Druff's house. It is all funny to me but I have oppositional defiant ... streak in me.

Anyway.. I drank too much coffee and should be doing work today but instead I waste it on here. ugh

Thanks for blocking out that e with a 3. Works better when you put a bit of effort into it. But, I'm not sure about the not bit. Ha.

Working on gaining fri3nds ̶n̶o̶ t living on the margins of society... lololol.
    ---> List of Waterloo Region, Ontario schools.

https://anagram-solver.net/Working%2...l?partial=true

I was in the uni-class of '8o, as in the thus solution to use all eight o's in the quote above.

Only a couple of weeks ago, that word came up on the English forum. So, I don't know that you are going through some weird phase with words, or, that you're some sort of foreigner. Stranger, and stranger, vocabulary.

No one in the States says "I went to uni" unless they are British influenced. In the States, we say "I went to college" even when it is a university as in an institution of higher learning. Ngrams is useless for this. "Where did you go to college"? I went to Georgetown University. [in fact, I did] – Lambie, Dec 15 at 17:25.

https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...for-university
    Last edited by 1Hit1der; 12-29-2023 at 02:39 PM.

Thread Information