Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116
Results 2,301 to 2,304 of 2304

Thread: Professional Sportsbetting

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Totals for two games are untake-able, in my opinion, so Grand Salami is a no go. Will debate further, but I think taking the profits from the short-term project and calling it a day is the proper call. I call this short-term stuff "bulk betting," by the way. Other people use other monikers.
    The two totals I considered untake-able (from an Over perspective) were the Ranger/Colorado and St.Louis/Milwaukee totals. Just too high, regardless of pitching matchups. St. Louis/Milwaukee finished as an Under, and Texas/Colorado in progress.

Reasonable job steering clear today.

Totals for two games are untake-able, in my opinion, so Grand Salami is a no go. Will debate further, but I think taking the profits from the short-term project and calling it a day is the proper call. I call this short-term stuff "bulk betting," by the way. Other people use other monikers.
    The two totals I considered untake-able (from an Over perspective) were the Ranger/Colorado and St.Louis/Milwaukee totals. Just too high, regardless of pitching matchups. St. Louis/Milwaukee finished as an Under, and Texas/Colorado in progress.

Reasonable job steering clear today.
    Serious question Red. So you will only consider the Grand Salami, over or under if you like EVERY game to go that way? I frequently bet the over or under if the vast majority of games I think will either be over or under. There are always going to be a couple games you might think will be a struggle, but that bet is about the majority of games you think will go one way. Even if a couple games are 1-0 and 2-1 pitchers' duels, there are likely to be a 10-9 game like the Cubs-Pittsburgh the other day, or a game like that frequently involving Colorado that will make up for it.

BTW, regarding that 10-9 Cubs/Pittsburgh game the other day: Cubs scored 7 runs in one inning. 6 scoring on bases loaded walks and the 7th on a bases loaded infield single. THAT is just ridiculous. Shouldn't have 6 bases loaded walks in a year let alone a game, or even worse an inning.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Cubs scored 7 runs in one inning. 6 scoring on bases loaded walks and the 7th on a bases loaded infield single. THAT is just ridiculous. Shouldn't have 6 bases loaded walks in a year let alone a game, or even worse an inning.
    It's happened before. (Before I was born .)

Name:  it h before.png
Views: 26
Size:  21.6 KB

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    I wish I had pursued fantasy sports betting back when people were printing,
    I avoided it because it looked like it would require sports knowledge. And then iirc my state (Nevada) outlawed it.

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Cubs scored 7 runs in one inning. 6 scoring on bases loaded walks and the 7th on a bases loaded infield single. THAT is just ridiculous. Shouldn't have 6 bases loaded walks in a year let alone a game, or even worse an inning.
    It's happened before. (Before I was born .)

Name:  it h before.png
Views: 26
Size:  21.6 KB

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    I wish I had pursued fantasy sports betting back when people were printing,
    I avoided it because it looked like it would require sports knowledge. And then iirc my state (Nevada) outlawed it.

I very rarely bet any Grand Salami, so these were unusual for me.

I think that fantasy sports bonanza stuff is primarily myth unless you were privy to the insider aspects of Draft Kings and FanDuel. The "insider trading" that went on between people working for the two companies dominated the payouts. The top percentage sliver of people who worked for them were organized and hauling in the majority of the total money.

They were legally forced to enact "single entry" options as a result, and "insider trading" was allegedly banned. Although how you actually prevent it is beyond my pay grade.

Thread Information