Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Sportsbetting

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    The bozo couldn't even beat Rob in a creative writing contest.
    Is that what this forum is to you and a few others? See who can tell the biggest lies? That guy is the winner? No wonder this forum is what it is and no wonder more and more of these guys are coming out of the woodwork.
    What do you think about redietz shitting on everything that gets posted in this thread?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    What a clown. Pity, put on ignore, and move on. The dude can't even pay a $500 tax bill but posts pictures of cars that aren't even his.

No one else has ever talked about the "culture" of APs. Culture as it pertains to a subset of advantage gambling is a pure Redietz construct. More fantasyland bullshit.

The bozo couldn't even beat Rob in a creative writing contest.
    I'm very close to putting Ditz on ignore.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    This kind of discussion demonstrates how little handle the posters here have on what's been done in the past historically and by individuals, what's been achieved by whom, what's considered possible and probable, and how few people do what.

There is an entire culture of sports betting with a long history of who did what and you are not part of it or even dipping your toes in it. You have no knowledge of it.

So why act as if you know what you're talking about? It's not as if the "AP" culture presented on forums is some big, established culture with its own verified, documented history. The "AP" culture is very small compared to the sports betting culture. The "AP" culture has fewer verifiable facts, of course. With no third parties keeping actual tabs on people's claims. The "AP" presentation is all fairy tales and anonymous narratives

As far as sports betting goes, why act as if you know what you're talking about? Because you "know" a handful of bettors? Because you know a little math?
    Easy 1K for ya....tick....tock....tick....tock. Just put up the quote where I said the dead number thing was a new angle....tick....tock....tick....tock. You can pay your tax bill with the money....tick....tock....tick....tock. I'm waiting....tick....tock....tick....tock....

Base-uh-ball been berry berry good toooo me. Dis-uh-my bets I got so far dis yeer.

1. Astros to win AL West at -165

2. Astros best regular season record +550

3. Astros to win World Series +800

4. National League MVP Trea Turner +1100

5. Red Sox over 76.5 wins +140

6. Jacob DeGrom most strikeouts +1500

7. Orioles under 77.5 wins +130

8. Braves win NL East +150

9. Ohtani AL MVP +300

10. Aaron Judge most home runs +800

Hey, ditzmeister, dis uh profeeesonall spurts beteeeng eeeees fun fun fun.

Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post

You give up soo much value not using BTC, up to 50% on your buy-ins. You can get a 100% using cash or 150-200% using crypto.
    why would the books be so generous if you use crypto____?

what do they get out of it______?

just curious______________________doesn't that make it a lot harder for them to beat the player____________?

Yes and no. Obviously, this is all offshore joints. With BTC they don't have to pay big processing fees, no chargebacks, and other BS, so they save money on that.
    They can really get punished on chargebacks. TBH I haven't even looked to see if they take CCs. I'm not sure how things like skrill work or if you can charge back/claim theft or whatever.

A 150%-200% bonus is for acquiring New players and is usually capped at $500-3k and comes with betting limits(up to $500 max, the good stuff I want to bet is oftentimes capped at $100), odds restrictions -200/+200, and wagering requirements. I have seen it as low as 3 times, but normally it's 10-15 X. You can't take long shots or bet huge, thus eliminating the ability to maximize your value in many cases. It actually ensures the sports book gets action from you(No quick deposits and cashouts). The average person flipping coins isn't going to beat the vig since they are required complete the WRs. In some instances, the Books are giving up some value, but that's just the CPA. Most people are gonna keep betting with or without bonuses. They are even going to catch some big fish who donk off on slots and whatnot.

They will frequently offer you lower percentage bonuses 20%-100% That all depends on different factors.

Not all the WRs, bonuses, and restrictions are the same in all places, it varies. Each place also had various other perks like odds boosts, rebate days, free contests, etc.

If you can simply break even on sports(just need to beat the vig, actually you don't need to beat the entire vig) you should do very well if you take the time and effort needed.
    Last edited by AxelWolf; 03-30-2023 at 10:04 PM.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Base-uh-ball been berry berry good toooo me. Dis-uh-my bets I got so far dis yeer.

1. Astros to win AL West at -165

2. Astros best regular season record +550

3. Astros to win World Series +800

4. National League MVP Trea Turner +1100

5. Red Sox over 76.5 wins +140

6. Jacob DeGrom most strikeouts +1500

7. Orioles under 77.5 wins +130

8. Braves win NL East +150

9. Ohtani AL MVP +300

10. Aaron Judge most home runs +800

Hey, ditzmeister, dis uh profeeesonall spurts beteeeng eeeees fun fun fun.
    Are they +EV? If so, why? I know zilch about baseball betting. Can you still get down?

kewlJ,

you haven't addressed my post publicly or privately regarding who I was communicating with via PM... you or your brother?

IIRC I even addressed it via PM and got crickets. Initially, I said to myself, fuck it, I don't care, but it would be nice for you to clear that up. I'm not a fan of the situation of letting someone use your account. I can't imagine you would like it if I let someone else use my account to communicate with you thinking it was me you were talking to.

kewlJ,

you haven't addressed my post publicly or privately regarding who I was communicating with via PM... you or your brother?
    I beg to differ Mr. Axelwolf. Check your Pm's on 12/18 at 10:34 am. For some reason yesterday, you dismissed that response and raised the question again.

But to clear the air again. My brother never posted here very much. For the most part he posted at GF where he was trolling around with Rob for several months, and Rob didn't even know it. And he hasn't posted anywhere for at least a couple months.

As I told you privately, I think you are making a bigger deal of it than it is. But if you are concerned then ask Dan Druff how we should handle it. I made him aware of the situation and Druff didn't give any guidance. Over at GF, I also made the admin aware of the situation and he specifically said that if my brother wanted to post he would have to post on the same account. No two accounts from the same household on the same wifi. I am assuming that would be Druff's position as well. But again, if you are concerned ask Druff for guidance and I will gladly follow.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 03-30-2023 at 11:02 PM.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    kewlJ,

I beg to differ Mr. Axelwolf. Check your Pm's on 12/18 at 10:34 am. For some reason yesterday, you dismissed that response and raised the question again.

But to clear the air again. My brother never posted here very much. For the most part he posted at GF where he was trolling around with Rob for several months, and Rob didn't even know it. And he hasn't posted anywhere for at least a couple months.

As I told you privately, I think you are making a bigger deal of it than it is. But if you are concerned then ask Dan Druff how we should handle it. I made him aware of the situation and Druff didn't give any guidance. Over at GF, I also made the admin aware of the situation and he specifically said that if my brother wanted to post he would have to post on the same account. No two accounts from the same household on the same wifi. I am assuming that would be Druff's position as well. But again, if you are concerned ask Druff for guidance.
    My bad, I missed that PM somehow or something. Had I read it, I certainly would have had follow-up comments and a question or two. All good, carry on with all the other muckraking.

You give up soo much value not using BTC, up to 50% on your buy-ins. You can get a 100% using cash or 150-200% using crypto.

just curious______________________doesn't that make it a lot harder for them to beat the player____________?

Yes and no. Obviously, this is all offshore joints. With BTC they don't have to pay big processing fees, no chargebacks, and other BS, so they save money on that.
    They can really get punished on chargebacks. TBH I haven't even looked to see if they take CCs. I'm not sure how things like skrill work or if you can charge back/claim theft or whatever.

A 150%-200% bonus is for acquiring New players and is usually capped at $500-3k and comes with betting limits(up to $500 max, the good stuff I want to bet is oftentimes capped at $100), odds restrictions -200/+200, and wagering requirements. I have seen it as low as 3 times, but normally it's 10-15 X. You can't take long shots or bet huge, thus eliminating the ability to maximize your value in many cases. It actually ensures the sports book gets action from you(No quick deposits and cashouts). The average person flipping coins isn't going to beat the vig since they are required complete the WRs. In some instances, the Books are giving up some value, but that's just the CPA. Most people are gonna keep betting with or without bonuses. They are even going to catch some big fish who donk off on slots and whatnot.

They will frequently offer you lower percentage bonuses 20%-100% That all depends on different factors.

Not all the WRs, bonuses, and restrictions are the same in all places, it varies. Each place also had various other perks like odds boosts, rebate days, free contests, etc.

If you can simply break even on sports(just need to beat the vig, actually you don't need to beat the entire vig) you should do very well if you take the time and effort needed.
    Axel, your PM box is full, won't take anymore PMs.

How about now?

How about now?
    It's still saying your box is full.

How about now?
    It's still saying your box is full.
    LOL, of course his PM Box is full.
    PMs are not secure by the way.
    Just saying.

This is a great interview of Steve Fezzik. He gives his side of the story of being banned from South Point. Towards the end he goes into dead numbers on parlay cards. He says that back in 1994 he was the only one doing it. He said he concentrated on stale numbers on parlay cards because no one else was doing it.That would have to mean he originated the concept.

He gives some very good information on betting the parlay cards starting at 22:20

This is a great interview of Steve Fezzik. He gives his side of the story of being banned from South Point. Towards the end he goes into dead numbers on parlay cards. He says that back in 1994 he was the only one doing it. He said he concentrated on stale numbers on parlay cards because no one else was doing it.That would have to mean he originated the concept.

He gives some very good information on betting the parlay cards starting at 22:20

No, he didn't originate it. In fact, he wasn't close to originating it.

This was being done mid to late 80's on Boyd cards (Stardust was a Boyd property at the time). I'd guess at least half a dozen or more separate individuals were doing it at the Stardust in the late 80's, not counting the cartel that went Boyd to Boyd whacking them.

Easy way to try to get some sense of it would be to interview Jimmy Vaccaro at South Point and Joe Lupo, who ran the Stardust sports book when I was doing it, and who occasionally threw a disdainful comment my way while limiting me to $50 a card at Stardust windows. And I was just doing it to kill time.

https://www.playnj.com/news/joe-lupo...s-vegas/65906/

What seems to be missing in action in mickey's messaging is the fact that Fezzik is actually a johnny come lately to Las Vegas sports books action by both classic Wise Guy standards and mine.

Now, is it possible that sports books slammed the door on the frozen line, staggered in time strategies circa 1990 and Fezzik came all fresh to the dance in '94 and thought he invented it? Well, I guess anything is possible, but it's highly unlikely that he actually thinks he invented it. I don't know the Lupo years at the Stardust off the top of my head, but if you figure out Lupo's Stardust years, that's when Boyd was getting hit pretty well because they actually had the best parlay cards at the time.

And this is why it pays to actually check with somebody who knows what they're talking about, namely me, on occasion. If you don't know history, you can draw a lot of completely wrong conclusions and give people credit for things they simply did not do. The idea that Fezzik came up with this is comical.

The bottom line is that half a dozen individuals, probably many, many more, were doing it. And a major cartel was doing it. And we all pre-dated Fezzik doing it. People were doing this frozen line, time staggered stuff since the dawn of parlay cards. But the Boyd cards had better odds and ties win options and were generally more daring when it came to not taking games off the cards even when the board numbers were quite different. So Boyd had to deal with it more seriously.

I cannot believe I go around wasting my time correcting mickey, who knows as much about sports betting and the history of sports betting and the logistics of sports betting as I know about Piggy Banking and dating Kate Upton.

You guys are on your own with mickey's "Professional sports betting." I don't have time to correct him going forward. If you have actual questions, email me at IntegritySports@aol.com.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-03-2023 at 09:08 PM.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

No, he didn't originate it. In fact, he wasn't close to originating it.

This was being done mid to late 80's on Boyd cards (Stardust was a Boyd property at the time). I'd guess at least half a dozen or more separate individuals were doing it at the Stardust in the late 80's, not counting the cartel that went Boyd to Boyd whacking them.

Easy way to try to get some sense of it would be to interview Jimmy Vaccaro at South Point and Joe Lupo, who ran the Stardust sports book when I was doing it, and who occasionally threw a disdainful comment my way while limiting me to $50 a card at Stardust windows. And I was just doing it to kill time.

https://www.playnj.com/news/joe-lupo...s-vegas/65906/

What seems to be missing in action in mickey's messaging is the fact that Fezzik is actually a johnny come lately to Las Vegas sports books action by both classic Wise Guy standards and mine.

Now, is it possible that sports books slammed the door on the frozen line, staggered in time strategies circa 1990 and Fezzik came all fresh to the dance in '94 and thought he invented it? Well, I guess anything is possible, but it's highly unlikely that he actually thinks he invented it. I don't know the Lupo years at the Stardust off the top of my head, but if you figure out Lupo's Stardust years, that's when Boyd was getting hit pretty well because they actually had the best parlay cards at the time.

And this is why it pays to actually check with somebody who knows what they're talking about, namely me, on occasion. If you don't know history, you can draw a lot of completely wrong conclusions and give people credit for things they simply did not do. The idea that Fezzik came up with this is comical.

The bottom line is that half a dozen individuals, probably many, many more, were doing it. And a major cartel was doing it. And we all pre-dated Fezzik doing it. People were doing this frozen line, time staggered stuff since the dawn of parlay cards. But the Boyd cards had better odds and ties win options and were generally more daring when it came to not taking games off the cards even when the board numbers were quite different. So Boyd had to deal with it more seriously.

I cannot believe I go around wasting my time correcting mickey, who knows as much about sports betting and the history of sports betting and the logistics of sports betting as I know about Piggy Banking and dating Kate Upton.

You guys are on your own with mickey's "Professional sports betting." I don't have time to correct him going forward. If you have actual questions, email me at IntegritySports@aol.com.
    For the record, is Robert Dietz calling Steve Fezzik a liar? Fezzik said he was the only one doing it. And it was broadcast all over the sports betting world in that podcast. For Jimmy Vaccaro and Joe Lupo to see. There are a lot of people that would love to take Fezzik down. I see hateful tweets about Fezzik all the time. You could tip them off, Ditz, about him taking credit for something he shouldn't have.

I think it would have been very obvious to Fezzik if anyone else was working dead numbers. He couldn't have missed it. At this point I have to take his word over yours. Because after we've seen how you have conducted yourself in this thread you simply don't have any credibility. You are good at dropping names but that's as far as you go. As always someone else must "go get the proof." It's time for YOU to put up the irrefutable evidence.

VSIN is a sportbetting network. They have famous sports bettors on their podcasts all the time. They've done that for years. Have they ever heard of you? Maybe we can get you on VSIN to give the real history of betting dead numbers. Is it okay with you if I contact them to see if they will have you on?

BTW, I take it you haven't been interviewed on GWAE yet as they post up the podcast very quickly after it's recorded. What is your schedule with the GWAE interview?

Oh, and that 1K is still available if you can find a quote by me in this thread that dead numbers is a new angle. Tick....tock....tick....tock....
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 04-03-2023 at 11:57 PM.

VSIN stands for Vegas Sports Information Network. They have a lot of podcasts. Here's a link:

https://www.vsin.com/

VSIN stands for Vegas Sports Information Network. They have a lot of podcasts. Here's a link:

https://www.vsin.com/
    Am I calling Fezzik a liar? LOL. I'm calling him, on this, an optimistic bullshitter with a little bit of self-serving in there.

I was doing it, and mainly to kill time. So if you want me to call Fezzik a liar, sure, happy to do so. I'd estimate that I made a couple thousand a year during its heyday. It's no sure thing -- there are only really 12 weeks in a college football season. I'd throw a couple hundred a week at it, and I'd say the most I made any given year was maybe 5K or a little more. I might have made 7K or 8K one year. I did it to kill time, not as some income staple. I lost money on it at least one year, but it wasn't a lot, less than 2K.

Mickey, you simply don't know anything. I was being kind in my estimate of how many people were doing this. Maybe one person in 20 in the sports book at the Stardust was doing this. Why would Vacarro or Lupo bother to correct Fezzik? What would be the percentage in doing so? And do you really think somebody like Vacarro or Lupo listens to GWAE regularly? These guys are semi-legends.

You just have no knowledge, man. It didn't take a Leonardo da AP to do the parlay card thing. Anybody with half a brain, presented with these scenarios, would be doing it a couple of weeks or a month into the opportunity. It's an OBVIOUS thing to do. Obvious, easy, requiring very little expertise other than being able to invest a few dollars and a little squinting at cards.

I mean, really, you're saying that you never figured out to do it?

Then what the hell do you APs do? Sit and stare at things and hope some simple math saves the day? I'm telling you this is one of the most OBVIOUS, EASY, and UBIQUITOUS angles in sports betting. And it has been since parlay cards were invented. If people like you, Witteles, kewlJ, Seed, Axelwolf never did it, it would suggest you were all, to be politically incorrect, a bit on the tard side.

Mickey, you just do not know what you are talking about. It's disturbing. I can sit down with anybody who bet serious amounts in the 80's and early 90's, mention this, and they will know exactly what I'm talking about. It was no secret, no big AP play. For the books, it was the cost of business of putting parlay cards out on Tuesday and even Wednesday morning. It always has been.

You just have no perspective and very little knowledge. Jesus.

I had a brief email exchange with Munch. Not with Dancer. I received no follow-up emails. I'll be in Las Vegas April 17-21. If you want me to wing it then in an interview with them, go ahead and set it up. I have no qualms. I would think anybody popularizing the Bet Bash thing might have some reservations about asking me some stuff. Can you imagine if casinos invited card counters for "Counting Bash?" or machine players for "AP Bash?" What would counters and machine players say was going on? A helpful exchange of useful info between players? I think not. LOL.

I'll also be in LV during July with an East Coast Mafia expert to give a semi-historical tour for The Gangster Chronicles. If GWAE would like to do anything then, great. pass it along. You gotta realize -- GWAE and LVA were very late to the sports betting party. They are not top flight experts. I've read LVA almost since its inception -- they kind of staggered into the sports betting scene very late.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-04-2023 at 05:02 AM.

One last thing. How often does one of these radio networks actually vet the person on the show and to what degree do they vet them?

For example, I can drag documentation of my handicapping record onto any show and read straight from it, or quote from something like Who's Who in Sports Gambling, where people were actually vetted. Or dig up old Wise Guys contest records to present.

But how often does something like GWAE or a VSIN show request that kind of thing? Or demand it? Do you really think these shows are "peer reviewed" by other experts in the field?

The difference between someone like mickey and me on a show like GWAE is, if the show asks both of us to provide historical documentation of what we've done and what we can do and who has vetted us as expert, I actually have documentation. I have published records from multiple sources going back decades. I can say, "Go to this expert or that" and ask them about me. I can provide a handful of high profile clients or partners if necessary. I can also dredge up academic papers or articles fighting against when Spanier and his crew tried to ban college football betting in Las Vegas.

Does GWAE vet people to that degree? If not, why not?

Thread Information