Originally Posted by redietz View Post
Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
Originally Posted by redietz View Post
You guys are a trip. Sports betting has, for decades, been a much larger enterprise than all of the various AP angled nonsense on this forum combined. Do you really believe over the last 60 years that multi-millionaires haven't been hiring the best programmers to data mine every sport for every correlation on the planet, to run simulations out the wazoo, to hire math experts from all fields -- logistics, probability, calculus, and programming -- in attempts to solve each sport?

I mean, to quote Wesley Snipes in the movie Dolemite, what planet are you from? There have been shingles hung claiming to have attacked sports betting from every cutting-edge angle with whatever was available at that point in time, and it's been going on for 60 years.

This ain't card counting.
Thanks for confirming that math is used in sports betting. If AP's, as you say, don't have what it takes to make it in sports betting, could you explain to us why journalists have the right background to be excellent professional sports bettors?

When interviewed in the past as to why I've been able to win betting college football, I have always given the same answer as to what I'd suggest is necessary (but not sufficient). A degree in journalism is not one of the requirements.
But you sneer at the thought that AP's can transition to be professional sportsbettors. Your background is journalism. So why are journalists able to transition to sportsbetting but not AP's?