Page 42 of 108 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Sportsbetting

Besides that many have pointed out that RobSinger would be much more fun at a party than UNKewlJ, let's advise the LyingJ to take two of those nickels he has left to rub together and buy himself a personality.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

I have to laugh at--and not feel sorry for--kew.

His WORST NIGHTMARE SCENARIO has come true. And his new strategy is to continue making rambling, incomprehensible posts that blame anyone and everyone for his self-inflicted woes.

And he deserves every single bit of the humiliation that comes with it!

Good riddance kew. Take the hint.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Still where are the rules?
    Name:  dRFHv1b.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  54.7 KB

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

Thank you. Jesus it wasn't that hard. We're finally getting somewhere.

So are there other years?

I see 10k prize pool and 50 players. That is like an EV of $200.. maybe a bit more. Why would a professional sports bettor even fuck with that !?!?

Assuming it isn't rigged by some tout.

Well we'd need to see the other years to establish this is your worst year. Right? You're the greatest doubter of all outside of your own bubble bullshit so clearly you understand this.

Still where are the rules? Where is something that explains what this is that we're looking at. You have one PDF that is a list of names. Is there a buyin? Is it a total freeroll?

edit - ok found something else - https://www.playbooksports.com/2018WiseGuysReport16.pdf

Their website is in pretty bad shape but.. at least this explains what Redietz references to legitimize his expertise.
    Here is another etc.

https://www.playbooksports.com/2018WiseGuysReport18.pdf

Here is another one I managed to find. I have to increment the number suffix manually to find these hidden files but if one has to use advanced techniques to exploit this website to find the results then so be it.

https://www.playbooksports.com/2017WiseGuysReport18.pdf

And this one he gets third.

Ok, respectable results in whatever it is we're looking at. I can give you that Redietz.

I still don't get how professional successful sports bettors would ever mess around with such a thing. Is it a freeroll ? This one doesn't have the prize pool on the pdf.

btw only way I can find this stuff is by googling site: playbooksports.com "wise guys" It must be big time.

Redietz, the reason you always get 5th place or better is because your name STARTS WITH A B so it is always at the top ! lol

18 weeks of going through a list of spreads to find the best value .. all for $200 of EV. No wonder he mocks the concept. lol You could make a better hourly working in a factory somewhere.

edit - I'm too lazy to look at this further. So results are out there. If you want to look through them to calculate Bob's results then feel free. At least he can't go on about me being lazy. I'm still not convinced this really demonstrates much of anything. It seems largely irrelevant but there are some truths to his story.
    LOL. Jesus Christ.

You don't get it at all, which isn't surprising. The Wise Guys Contest is like a somewhat lower level Blackjack Ball. It ain't about who's going home with a couple bucks. It's about who outperformed the best in the business and is recognized for doing so.

The original version of the Wise Guys Contest was so named because you had to put your plays in for the following week BEFORE the Stardust posted numbers for that next week. In other words, you had to be a "Wise Guy." There's a long history, as you can read in the 1972 Larry Merchant's "The National Football Lottery" of heavy hitters betting each other on the next week's games before any lines had come out. People would invent lines of their own and see who would bet how much at what line.

And you thought The Wise Guys was about prize money? I mean, c'mon, how stupid are you? I made more money winning that free TopBet NFL contest last year than I'd win in The Wise Guys.

Oh wait, I didn't mention how much I won in TopBet. So you presumed the "display of skill" line meant I won nothing because I said it was a skill display. Holy hell, you are a maroon. You never even looked up how much the TopBet contest winner gets, did you? That's what I mean by opining while lazy.

Here's a thought, account. Know something about something before you opine on it. I know -- radical advice, right?

How can you be such an absolute doofus and slather your posts on the world?

And you decided there's something to it, meaning the Wise Guys? LOL. Every single post I've made on forums regarding sports betting has been factual. Virtually all of them are verifiable. And I'm using my real name.

Good to know, regarding The Wise Guys, that you think "there's something to it." Maybe tomorrow you can bless us with your take on cancer, UFOs, and AI.
    Saying you think someone is dumb 10 times in a post doesn't make it any more true.

This shit is like poker tournaments. The best players don't mess with it. Taxes, variance, bad hourly, travel expennses, what have you. Yet there is this subculture of poker players who worship this idea of 'winning a bracelet" and often they're not particularly good poker players.. You're the sports betting world's version of those guys.

I'm not sure why you think anyone would give enough of a shit about the wise guy tournament to know what it even is outside of your little world of sports picking tournament superstars. I'd argue that one is MORE stupid to even know wtf you are talking about. A total waste of time. Are all those guys invited touts?

I've known quite a few guys who bet sports. Some quite sharp. I can only recall one of them ever talking about tournaments and it was a couple of years ago some circa tournament.

For Christ's sake I still never found a webpage about it. LOL. SOME CONTEST.

Digging through website directories to find PDFs. At least someone put forth the effort for the pdfs. Wonder why.. oh could they be advertising their tout service ? Why yes !

Funny how you paint this whole thing.

I'm telling you real sharp guys are not going to fucking mess with your stupid tournament. They're only interested in the money. Anyway.. this is pointless. You play tournaments and have won some over your lifetime. Great.

"there is something to it" means that "yes it actually exists". I wouldn't hold up that observation as something to be proud of.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 08-05-2023 at 05:04 PM.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Still where are the rules?
    Name:  dRFHv1b.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  54.7 KB
    TP - If you read the forum chronologically you would see my question was after the single link Redietz posted to the results of one contest. There were no rules.

There is no index of the years or anything like that. You have to use obscure google search engine stuff to find the results.

In the links I posted after my question - the rules are listed.

I appreciate your effort though. Thank you.

Anyway, later on after I did that the rules are clearly in one of the pdfs but they still don't say how the people are selected for the invitations but I don't think it particularly matters.

I was just interested in how such an important contest with only the best doesn't have some sort of real web presence.

The whole thing is lolz. Just like Redietz stuck on EV because he has been fixated on contests going back decades. God he must be insufferable in person but we're not going to repeat that crap.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    Besides that many have pointed out that RobSinger would be much more fun at a party than UNKewlJ,

This sums up why I like Singer to the degree I do.

TP - If you read the forum chronologically you would see my question was after the single link Redietz posted to the results of one contest. There were no rules.

There is no index of the years or anything like that. You have to use obscure google search engine stuff to find the results.

Anyway, later on after I did that the rules are clearly in one of the pdfs but they still don't say how the people are selected for the invitations but I don't think it particularly matters.

I was just interested in how such an important contest with only the best doesn't have some sort of real web presence.

The whole thing is lolz. Just like Redietz stuck on EV because he has been fixated on contests going back decades. God he must be insufferable in person but we're not going to repeat that crap.
    From looking at that 2014 result from "the best handicappers in the business" I would have to say there's a lot of losers in the Wise Guys. If they bet those picks in the book, and remember it's their very best two picks each week, then most of them lost money. About half the field couldn't win 18 out of 36. But you have to win 20 out of 36 to make money. Over 60% of the field couldn't win 20 picks.

I could hang the spreadsheet on a dart board and throw darts at it to make my picks and do just as well.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Here comes a long wind-up about how you have no clue, no idea, not even the slightest understanding of the vastness of your incomprehension! You're so wrong it's impossible to put into words!

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

From looking at that 2014 result from "the best handicappers in the business" I would have to say there's a lot of losers in the Wise Guys. If they bet those picks in the book, and remember it's their very best two picks each week, then most of them lost money. About half the field couldn't win 18 out of 36. But you have to win 20 out of 36 to make money. Over 60% of the field couldn't win 20 picks.

I could hang the spreadsheet on a dart board and throw darts at it to make my picks and do just as well.

LOL. Mickey with the in-depth analysis.

You are out of your league, my friend. The bulk of the games played in this contest are always NFL. That's partly because two weeks of college football get burned away due to the contest beginning the first week of NFL. And college ends first week in December, leaving many weeks of either NFL or bowl games with half the best players sitting out.

So the key questions, which mickey failed to address (as per usual, even though he's a master jack-of-all-trades AP with opinions on things he knows nothing about) are:

1) Was 2014 different from most years? Well, one could look up the sports book managers bulk records in Gaming Today for that year (GT sponsored an annual contest) and check, or one could tally up the SuperContest bulk results for 2014 and compare that, too.

2) Here's a little tidbit -- college football can be beaten. College hoops can be beaten. Everything else -- questionable. There are NO collections of handicappers who cumulatively, year-in and year-out, conquer NFL sides at anything above 54%. It doesn't happen. I think it was 2016, I tied for third in The Wise Guys. Well, I was 18-2 ATS for the first 10 weeks of college football. Then college football ended. I had to handicap the NFL. Brutal. About 85% of my annual wagering is on college football, so that tells you where my priorities are.

3) Therefore, you are never going to find some brilliant cumulative NFL record. Some years are easier than others -- if you check up on the GT sports book manager contest results, you will see that certain seasons the managers have good ATS records. Other seasons, they are cumulatively off the mark. The tendency is for them to correlate with each other.

But this is all obvious Sports Betting 101 stuff. Everybody knows this. Well, almost everybody.

You are out of your league, my friend.
    Would mickey's dart throws beat the ditz's picks in a head-to-head 2023 Wise Guys format contest?

I think yes, mickey's dart picks would.

If mickey can't commit to throw the darts each week, I'll do it.

My mommy told me that I'm smarter than anybody from Chamberpot PA,
    and that I'm in the top 1% of dart players.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Would mickey's dart throws beat the ditz's picks in a head-to-head 2023 Wise Guys format contest?

Pick'em 18 coin-flips contests. There is so much luck involved that.

LOL all this talk of skill.

This has to all be a big joke. Redietz must be yankin our chain.

Football games are not coin flips. Now I would think someone who took a few probability courses might figure that out. Mathematically and logically, that's just flat out incorrect.

As far as skill goes, one might think that outperforming 1300 other people in picking NFL outright winners for every game played for an entire season -- just maybe, possibly, perhaps be a display of skill. I referred to it as such.

Account thinks not. He is, of course, an expert regarding such things.

Football games are not coin flips. Now I would think someone who took a few probability courses might figure that out. Mathematically and logically, that's just flat out incorrect.

As far as skill goes, one might think that outperforming 1300 other people in picking NFL outright winners for every game played for an entire season -- just maybe, possibly, perhaps be a display of skill. I referred to it as such.

Account thinks not. He is, of course, an expert regarding such things.
    You think every coin is 50.0000000000% on each side? Come'on man. Using your own fucking argument I can demonstrate you're an ass. It is a stupid argument.

I'm an expert in a lot of shit. Deal with it.

ALTHOUGH I've never played a coin-flip tournament so maybe not.

I'm reading this thread and the only thing I'm wondering is if Redietz has paid that property tax bill yet.

You are out of your league, my friend. The bulk of the games played in this contest are always NFL. That's partly because two weeks of college football get burned away due to the contest beginning the first week of NFL. And college ends first week in December, leaving many weeks of either NFL or bowl games with half the best players sitting out.

So the key questions, which mickey failed to address (as per usual, even though he's a master jack-of-all-trades AP with opinions on things he knows nothing about) are:

1) Was 2014 different from most years? Well, one could look up the sports book managers bulk records in Gaming Today for that year (GT sponsored an annual contest) and check, or one could tally up the SuperContest bulk results for 2014 and compare that, too.

2) Here's a little tidbit -- college football can be beaten. College hoops can be beaten. Everything else -- questionable. There are NO collections of handicappers who cumulatively, year-in and year-out, conquer NFL sides at anything above 54%. It doesn't happen. I think it was 2016, I tied for third in The Wise Guys. Well, I was 18-2 ATS for the first 10 weeks of college football. Then college football ended. I had to handicap the NFL. Brutal. About 85% of my annual wagering is on college football, so that tells you where my priorities are.

3) Therefore, you are never going to find some brilliant cumulative NFL record. Some years are easier than others -- if you check up on the GT sports book manager contest results, you will see that certain seasons the managers have good ATS records. Other seasons, they are cumulatively off the mark. The tendency is for them to correlate with each other.

But this is all obvious Sports Betting 101 stuff. Everybody knows this. Well, almost everybody.
    You do realize that the lines you're betting on are what matters as far as sports being "beatable" for actual wagering and not contesting playing? You live in a different world than professional sports bettors and that is another thing you don't seem to grasp.

You can beat any sport if you find weak enough lines. If lines are too efficient then yes you can't beat it. It is not the sport itself that makes it unbeatable.

This stuff ain't that hard bro.

"Some years are easier than others." -> Some years you are lucky some you aren't. I'd say that is the translation but I don't think Redietz gets this either. He is just making excuses that are based on skill and not luck.

This place should have its own NFL tournament. We'd need an escrow agent and that would have to be Druff. He probably has most respect as far as not doxxing anyone. I'd take Dietz on. I'm sure I'd smoke him.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 08-07-2023 at 02:37 AM.

LOL! Smurgerburger has you pegged.

If you can make excuses for the losers then the winners can be excused for just getting lucky, right?. Dart throws.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Gambling, however, is a glorified version of so-called democracy, or the "art of politics", by which people put themselves into chicken coops, work ten times harder, their entire lives (only to wonder why at the end), than work, on and off never giving a shit, in a dictatorship, by which it's immediately obvious where you stand. No wonder that the gamblers, whichever, can't let go of the far-fetched, silly notion that they are the "cream of the crop". Look, it's no different from any other pursuit. You either make a little, or a lot. But, the ones who made a lot couldn't have done so, legitimately. In the case of gambling, it's no surprise that most of the ones who made a lot didn't do so by gambling per se, went on to lose it all by insider trading, and, that the very lucky few, rightly explained away by luck, went on to make even a hundred million. For the relatively tiny bit of money earned by the supposed multitude of card-counters, and the like, there were the many recreational (misnomer) slot players, lottery players, and the like, to pull out some truly life-changing jackpots. Another reason that literally no one, let alone the academics, gave, or will give, much of a crap about the gambling forums, and the people on them. Yeah, a few academics did collect their own (illegitimate) "healthy fees", from the billion-dollar casinos, to extensively study how to build even better so-called democracies. But, that's about it.

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder + Bill Yung + 1HitWonder ---> GOTTLOB1 = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/2023/08/blog-post.html

Originally Posted by Gottlob1 View Post
    Gambling, however, is a glorified version of so-called democracy, or the "art of politics", by which people put themselves into chicken coops, work ten times harder, their entire lives (only to wonder why at the end), than work, on and off never giving a shit, in a dictatorship, by which it's immediately obvious where you stand. No wonder that the gamblers, whichever, can't let go of the far-fetched, silly notion that they are the "cream of the crop". Look, it's no different from any other pursuit. You either make a little, or a lot. But, the ones who made a lot couldn't have done so, legitimately. In the case of gambling, it's no surprise that most of the ones who made a lot didn't do so by gambling per se, went on to lose it all by insider trading, and, that the very lucky few, rightly explained away by luck, went on to make even a hundred million. For the relatively tiny bit of money earned by the supposed multitude of card-counters, and the like, there were the many recreational (misnomer) slot players, lottery players, and the like, to pull out some truly life-changing jackpots. Another reason that literally no one, let alone the academics, gave, or will give, much of a crap about the gambling forums, and the people on them. Yeah, a few academics did collect their own (illegitimate) "healthy fees", from the billion-dollar casinos, to extensively study how to build even better so-called democracies. But, that's about it.

After trying to figure out what crazy guy is trying to get across I realize my time has completely been wasted again. No one gives a crap about this forum except for this nut who still posts here. Him and Kewl pretty much in their own world.

Anyway back to what I wanted to post. If Redietz wants to put his money where his mouth is then I am more than willing. Not that much just 1k - lets keep it friendly sorta deal. I'll let Redietz give the specifics but all I ask is that the lines we choose against are posted a considerable time before game day. If Redietz wants more picks or pick a winner ATS from every game I am willing to do it. Not really worth my time but neither is our incessant back and forth. So LOL it'd be fun. Surely with all his shit talking he should be happy to take on one of us moron APs.

If you can make excuses for the losers then the winners can be excused for just getting lucky, right?. Dart throws.
    Good NFL result: that's why I keep getting invited back for Wise Guy's contests
    Bad NFL result:No one can beat the NFL

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Good NFL result: that's why I keep getting invited back for Wise Guy's contests
    Bad NFL result:No one can beat the NFL
    I don't know about all of this, but I do know that Tim Ho Wan (PALMS CASINO) is the best Dim Sum I ever ate, and I don't even like Dim Sum!
    Damn that was good!

Thread Information