Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Sportsbetting

May sound counter-intuitive, but, the last bit of good theoretical physics I read, about five years ago, was about unifying the Standard Model with gravity, exactly how to go about it. I bookmarked that article, too, and, plan to pick up where I left off.

No matter how disparate, most theories begin to at least sound like the others, which is how I relate them to my own. I like to work ahead with my very own stuff, to try to keep it reasonably simple. I mean, Hawking spent a lifetime to end up with stuff like Hawking radiation, but, even when I started out thinking about stuff like it, I realized that nothing is perfect, not even black, black, black, ... holes. You can go from there to realize that continuity has to be a point because if it where a solid line, then nothing could exist to move on a thus line. And, so, we don't quite move through time, and space, just by moving. Things undergo a severe work-up to the extent that even the integers don't progress 1, 2, and 3. I have found that it's such a severe work-up that allows for everything to work out, at least by the numerals. But, then surely for their physical aspects, too.

I don't think that the Standard Model will fall, anytime soon. Lots of people have tried. But, like dimensions, there is no end to the types of forces. It's exactly a severe work-up that allows for a different type of math/physics at each dimension, not, say, that 1-d real numbers must be as uncountably plentiful as 3-d real numbers. I just preferred to "bite the (infinity) bullet", very early on, and, get over it. Certainly, no way to rule it out.

As far as five goes, one of the other thus things I last read, in detail, was that there are supposed to five neutrinos instead of three, given how long different types last before one type becomes another. Something like that.
    Last edited by Gottlob1; 08-11-2023 at 07:51 PM.
    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder + Bill Yung + 1HitWonder ---> GOTTLOB1 = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/2023/08/blog-post.html

Oh, to add that a point turns through the dimensions. That's the continuity of a point. Pure dimensions, unlike the ones supposed of 1-d to 4-d, by real numbers, which aren't the same after considering the extension of an anti-point. And, where an infinite number of different higher dimensions becomes useful is to determine the pattern by which they are formed from the lower ones. In that sense one can start to make sense of infinity, instead of trying to cancel all of them out (in physics), or, just ignoring them (in math sets, etc). The dimensions of point, versus, extension of anti-point, a point inverted outward.

Oh, and all of it will be much clear after I post up the fine-structure constants, themselves, to show the pattern by which the dimensions grow out of themselves. You really have to have an absolute, true fact to go on, to fairly quickly put the rest of things finally together/apart.
    Last edited by Gottlob1; 08-12-2023 at 07:55 AM.
    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder + Bill Yung + 1HitWonder ---> GOTTLOB1 = Praise to God!

Why would anybody waste time reading such babble? It's a lock that this whacko lives on drugs and has a zero life.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Why would anybody waste time reading such babble? It's a lock that this whacko lives on drugs and has a zero life.
    --->

I was glad when they said unto me we shall go into the house of the Lord.

https://anagram-solver.net/Why%20wou...0?partial=true

'I was glad' (Latin incipit: Laetatus sum) is an English text drawn from selected verses of Psalm 122. It has been used at Westminster Abbey in the coronation ceremonies of British monarchs since those of King Charles I in 1626.

Originally Posted by Gottlob1 View Post
    Oh, to add that a point turns through the dimensions. That's the continuity of a point. Pure dimensions, unlike the ones supposed of 1-d to 4-d, by real numbers, which aren't the same after considering the extension of an anti-point. And, where an infinite number of different higher dimensions becomes useful is to determine the pattern by which they are formed from the lower ones. In that sense one can start to make sense of infinity, instead of trying to cancel all of them out (in physics), or, just ignoring them (in math sets, etc). The dimensions of point, versus, extension of anti-point, a point inverted outward.

Oh, and all of it will be much clear after I post up the fine-structure constants, themselves, to show the pattern by which the dimensions grow out of themselves. You really have to have an absolute, true fact to go on, to fairly quickly put the rest of things finally together/apart.
    Au contraire, mon frere.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Au contraire, mon frere.
    This is great!

I'll see your, "Au contraire, mon frere," and raise you a, "Buckle up, Buttercup." Ha.

Gold
    Gottlob1's AvatarJoin Date
    Jul 2023
    Last edited by Gottlob1; 08-12-2023 at 08:53 PM.

Originally Posted by Gottlob1 View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    --->

I was glad when they said unto me we shall go into the house of the Lord.

https://anagram-solver.net/Why%20wou...0?partial=true

'I was glad' (Latin incipit: Laetatus sum) is an English text drawn from selected verses of Psalm 122. It has been used at Westminster Abbey in the coronation ceremonies of British monarchs since those of King Charles I in 1626.
    When old Rube Singer backs the other side, you have to have a sure thing.

Anyway, sometime after going to sleep, and before waking up, last night, and, this morning, respectively, I think that I made it.

Well, the Billy Walters book is out. I went to Amazon to get the kindle version but they don't have it. At least not for sale. You have to order the hard cover. It's a one week delivery and I'm on the road. I have to be where I can pick it up. I might have a copy by Sept 6.

But you can get a sample on Kindle. So I downloaded the sample. Did you know that Walters and Steve Wynn are mortal enemies? Walters said it started when he beat Wynn out of 3.6 million playing roulette. It seems Walters knows a lot about biased roulette wheels going back to the 80's. And he said Wynn stood in the way of him getting an early pardon.

He also threw Mickelson way under the bus. He said he has no respect for Mickelson or Wynn.

Now, for sports betting. Here's some quotes:

"I've been up since 4:30 AM double checking games....the games with odds to my liking are listed on a legal pad to my right along with corresponding power ratings. The greater the difference between my rating and the point spread, the more I'm going to bet."

"Betting sports is about one thing and one thing only: value."

About his power ratings he said "My expert analysts gather a thousand points of data and feed them into a computer programmed with proprietary algorithms and probability theories."

He said that things like weather and field conditions have to be factored in also. But it was pretty clear that power ratings from computer driven algorithms is his main gig.

He is big on value....as in....expected value. The bigger the edge he figures to have the more he bets.

Redietz needs to have a talk with Walters and tell him that analyzing statistics don't work in sports betting.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I am starting to finally understand who Redietz is.

The picture has formed.

In his later years, he wanted to make a name for himself and hopefully a little scratch. So he pieces together this whole personality because he vaguely rubbed elbows with some gangsters back in his glory days. He was never a serious bettor nor even a serious handicapper. If so he would have killed the fantasy sports days. That game made a lot of dough for people and mostly using the same skills Redietz claims to have. There is literally no way he could have been a serious bettor for the past 20 years and not know the basic stuff he does.

What makes Redietz precious is he is so proud of his ignorance. Dunning-Kruger type stuff. Even after all this time he still ridicules concepts used by winning sports bettors all over. Thats all because he has never been one. It is beyond obvious at this stage.

It took forever to get him to come up with a reason why to not be anonymous. It is all based on having opportunities in book/movie/podcast form. That was the only reason he gave. Thats who the guy is. He wants to be perceived as the real thing but never even learned the basics of what he claims to be able to do.

Another reason we know he is a bullshit artist is because he's never put forth one effort to prove any of his claims. Just recently it was Stanford getting behind Ivermectin for long covid. Yes, LONG covid. After the virus is gone he is taking ivermectin to clear up the symptoms from the damage. lol. Wait what? Yea.. if you have half a brain you can see ... He used to tell people how lazy they were to not research things. Always putting it off on them. The ol 'prove this negative'. so pathetic.

PS - oh yea he has put forth those tournament results but whatever that means. Plenty of losing poker players with a bracelet/wsop ring. Same deal.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Well, the Billy Walters book is out. I went to Amazon to get the kindle version but they don't have it. At least not for sale. You have to order the hard cover. It's a one week delivery and I'm on the road. I have to be where I can pick it up. I might have a copy by Sept 6.

But you can get a sample on Kindle. So I downloaded the sample. Did you know that Walters and Steve Wynn are mortal enemies? Walters said it started when he beat Wynn out of 3.6 million playing roulette. It seems Walters knows a lot about biased roulette wheels going back to the 80's. And he said Wynn stood in the way of him getting an early pardon.

He also threw Mickelson way under the bus. He said he has no respect for Mickelson or Wynn.

"I've been up since 4:30 AM double checking games....the games with odds to my liking are listed on a legal pad to my right along with corresponding power ratings. The greater the difference between my rating and the point spread, the more I'm going to bet."

About his power ratings he said "My expert analysts gather a thousand points of data and feed them into a computer programmed with proprietary algorithms and probability theories."

He said that things like weather and field conditions have to be factored in also. But it was pretty clear that power ratings from computer driven algorithms is his main gig.

He is big on value....as in....expected value. The bigger the edge he figures to have the more he bets.

Redietz needs to have a talk with Walters and tell him that analyzing statistics don't work in sports betting.

Well, good to know I don't analyze statistics. LOL. Mickey, you are parading your ignorance. Not the first time. You know absolutely nothing about me, and you refuse to take what I say at face value.

I have reported here, many times, that Mr. Walters assembled roundtables of experts and tried to extract "power ratings" from each of them. Why power ratings? Well, the answer is obvious. God almighty, mickey, have some brains. Seriously, if I die tomorrow, I would feel badly that you didn't actually learn anything from me. He also tried to keep the experts separate from each other. Gee, I wonder why.

I'm pretty sure I posted on here that one of my first conversations with one of Mr. Walters' lap dogs had to do with him wanting to buy my power ratings or pay me to formalize everything I do into power ratings. We had a conversation. I think I shocked the dude. He assumed, because I was 40-something at the time, that I had been doing this for fewer years than he had. He was way wrong.

As I was saying, it's good I don't analyze statistics. Now if mickey actually asked anyone who knew me or worked with me if I analyzed statistics, well, it would be a pretty funny discussion. I used to be able to do a parlor trick. Sunday LA Times -- all the college stats in column form listed game by game. Give me roughly two hours with it. I would then hand the paper over and, with no notes, tell people to quiz me. Not rain man stuff, but relatively precise ballpark accuracy (as within 10-15 yards each category of stat for every team).

I can't do that anymore, but I'm not exactly stat-averse.

Account, there is an established sports betting world that is many times larger than all the alleged AP bullshit historically combined. More people, more history, more expertise, and actual fact-based histories. Real people, not anonymous whack jobs alleging they know this and that without "reading carefully and thoroughly."

I was offered a small spot in a movie last night. No kidding. I was modest and said they didn't have to do that; I was just glad to help. But account, tell you what, if you want me to take a spot in a gangster-related film, I'll do so just for you. Right now, I'm just a consultant, but if you want me to pop up in the movie, so be it.

We can start a separate thread. My role would be shot in LV because the middle third of the film takes place in LV. Let me know if you want me to accept the role. I await your expert decision.

And account, for the gazillionth time, being monitored is not a "tournament." It's your actual plays for a season. Those McCusker Report pages in the Retro Road Trip thread are not a "tournament." They are annual results for top public handicappers published in book form.

Mickey, here's another great idea. Before declaring things about me sans evidence, why don't you track down people who worked with me? Ask them and report here. Not that hard. Freshman journalism stuff. Honestly, if you sit down with the Wise Guys, or Fezzik for that matter, or possibly Anthony Curtis (I assume he knows me), or Marc Lawrence, or Phil Steele, and say that "Bob Dietz doesn't use statistics," you'll be laughed out of Dodge.
    Last edited by redietz; 08-24-2023 at 09:29 AM.

My Life Story

...by the ditz

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I used to be able to do a parlor trick.
    The End.

Well, good to know I don't analyze statistics. LOL. Mickey, you are parading your ignorance. Not the first time. You know absolutely nothing about me, and you refuse to take what I say at face value.

I have reported here, many times, that Mr. Walters assembled roundtables of experts and tried to extract "power ratings" from each of them. Why power ratings? Well, the answer is obvious. God almighty, mickey, have some brains. Seriously, if I die tomorrow, I would feel badly that you didn't actually learn anything from me. He also tried to keep the experts separate from each other. Gee, I wonder why.

I'm pretty sure I posted on here that one of my first conversations with one of Mr. Walters' lap dogs had to do with him wanting to buy my power ratings or pay me to formalize everything I do into power ratings. We had a conversation. I think I shocked the dude. He assumed, because I was 40-something at the time, that I had been doing this for fewer years than he had. He was way wrong.

As I was saying, it's good I don't analyze statistics. Now if mickey actually asked anyone who knew me or worked with me if I analyzed statistics, well, it would be a pretty funny discussion. I used to be able to do a parlor trick. Sunday LA Times -- all the college stats in column form listed game by game. Give me roughly two hours with it. I would then hand the paper over and, with no notes, tell people to quiz me. Not rain man stuff, but relatively precise ballpark accuracy (as within 10-15 yards each category of stat for every team).

Account, there is an established sports betting world that is many times larger than all the alleged AP bullshit historically combined. More people, more history, more expertise, and actual fact-based histories. Real people, not anonymous whack jobs alleging they know this and that without "reading carefully and thoroughly."

I was offered a small spot in a movie last night. No kidding. I was modest and said they didn't have to do that; I was just glad to help. But account, tell you what, if you want me to take a spot in a gangster-related film, I'll do so just for you. Right now, I'm just a consultant, but if you want me to pop up in the movie, so be it.

We can start a separate thread. My role would be shot in LV because the middle third of the film takes place in LV. Let me know if you want me to accept the role. I await your expert decision.

And account, for the gazillionth time, being monitored is not a "tournament." It's your actual plays for a season. Those McCusker Report pages in the Retro Road Trip thread are not a "tournament." They are annual results for top public handicappers published in book form.

Mickey, here's another great idea. Before declaring things about me sans evidence, why don't you track down people who worked with me? Ask them and report here. Not that hard. Freshman journalism stuff. Honestly, if you sit down with the Wise Guys, or Fezzik for that matter, or possibly Anthony Curtis (I assume he knows me), or Marc Lawrence, or Phil Steele, and say that "Bob Dietz doesn't use statistics," you'll be laughed out of Dodge.
    You just can't make this shit up. LOL! Fucking Ditz! He went on and on about how you can't get anywhere using statistics. Told us we're dumasses if we try. I already knew Walters was using computer programs but waited until the book came out to confirm it because I knew the move ditz would pull "You don't know jackshit!"

So when I post up what Walters does, here comes ditz with the "I use statistics all the time, don't you know that? I can quote stats off the top of my head" routine. LOL! Fricking dunce. To late, ditz. You already made your bed when you said stats are worthless. So quit lying about it.

And stop with the nonsense of your pea brain beating Walter's computers. You're embarrassing yourself.

Oh, and tracking people down to ask about you? I tracked down Bob Dancer and Richard Munchkin. They said they don't think you are qualified for a podcast on gambling.

So better try your luck in the movies. You got no shot in sports betting.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 08-24-2023 at 11:01 AM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Redietz, take that movie part. I am sure you'd have fun. Worst case here is there would be no lolz but if you don't come around being insulting then I doubt I'd go out of my way to insult/troll you.

As far as APs sporting betting - If you were to ask me I'd say sports-bettors are a subset of APs. Seems kinda obvious but a minor point. The stuff Mickey and I are talking about are guys who take in every angle. Many with a lot of experience who don't need investors.

And at the end of the day it is either promos or soft lines. If the lines are too solid then you'll never have an edge outside of running good. Thats just how it works. Tournaments don't need this as you are playing against other people and not the house (who has a lot more to lose). Whatever. Not much else to say. Good luck with movie. You should do it. I'm not sure what answer you'd expect from me even though you are being facetious. I don't care what you do. Seems obvious unless it costs you much out of pocket.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Also Redietz - the fact that I admit to not reading everything thoroughly may be a reason for scorn in your world but shrug. For starters it is not efficient to read everything thoroughly or you have to simply lower your intake. Me, being the polymath I am, has learned to skim things. Now that clearly has its downsides but has nothing to do with me knowing when you are wrong. (And you are very often wrong)

But MORE importantly is I don't really need to pump myself on the internet. I'm self-realized and understand my limitations. I really don't give many shits. I live in my parents basement for christ's sake. If people ridicule me it doesn't matter too much. While it may evoke my ire at the time, i'm not sitting around caring what people on this forum think of me. I'm cackling and lolzing at the greatest source of shits and giggles in my world. VCT.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    I live in my parents basement for christ's sake.
    You do it for Jesus?

How does you living in your parents' basement influence the goings on of the Son of God?

Sounds a bit like blasphemy.

Sinner sinner, raw chicken for dinner.
    What, Me Worry?

. I really don't give many shits.
    This explains why you are always so full of shit.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Bbbbwwwaaahhhh, I wonder if the Dan Druff regret that he once harumph and proclaim that the kewl-J and the r-e-dietz had credibilities, hey hey????

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I live in my parents basement for christ's sake.
    You do it for Jesus?

How does you living in your parents' basement influence the goings on of the Son of God?

Sounds a bit like blasphemy.

Sinner sinner, raw chicken for dinner.
    I guess that you're asking the wrong person. Ha.

You do it for Jesus?
    --->

Outside of You.

Stories of Joy.

https://anagram-solver.net/You%20do%...s?partial=true

--->

Burning Down the House: Fighting Fires and Losing Myself.

Burning Down the House: Fighting Fires and Losing Myself.

https://anagram-solver.net/%20How%20...d?partial=true

Gottlob1
    Gold

Gold
    Last edited by Gottlob1; 08-24-2023 at 03:37 PM.

You just can't make this shit up. LOL! Fucking Ditz! He went on and on about how you can't get anywhere using statistics. Told us we're dumasses if we try. I already knew Walters was using computer programs but waited until the book came out to confirm it because I knew the move ditz would pull "You don't know jackshit!"

So when I post up what Walters does, here comes ditz with the "I use statistics all the time, don't you know that? I can quote stats off the top of my head" routine. LOL! Fricking dunce. To late, ditz. You already made your bed when you said stats are worthless. So quit lying about it.

And stop with the nonsense of your pea brain beating Walter's computers. You're embarrassing yourself.

Oh, and tracking people down to ask about you? I tracked down Bob Dancer and Richard Munchkin. They said they don't think you are qualified for a podcast on gambling.

So better try your luck in the movies. You got no shot in sports betting.
    Mickey, you're lying though your teeth, and what's worse, you know it, or you would have plucked direct quotes demonstrating me saying that I "don't use statistics." Go ahead and shop every blessed one of my 6000 posts. You won't even find anything close.

Cumulative statistics are of limited value in college football due to the disparities of the teams and the limited schedules. Everyone knows that. They are, however, still required knowledge. Used incorrectly, they can be self-sabotaging. But that's why they pay me the big money.

By the way, Dancer and Munchkin (and the LVA in general) are not exactly ground zero for sports betting expertise. I love Dancer and Munchkin. I will shoot them an email and quote you. We'll see what Munch has to say. I suggest you do the same.

Thread Information