I know there is not much appetite on this forum for someone sharing their real experiences, but I am going to do so anyway.

Last night, or I guess early this morning, finishing up my holiday weekend play, I was dealt a pair of aces, which I spit as usual and received an ace on each ace. This occurs more often than you would think as anyone that plays a reasonable amount of blackjack knows. There also may be some selective memory at play as you probably remember split aces each drawing another ace, more than if they drew a 2 or 3 or some other bad card.

There was still hope for my two max bet hands totaling 2 (lol) as the dealer had a 6 up, but he didn't break. Nothing unusual so far.

So 4 rounds later (might have been 5 but I think 4), same shoe, still max bet out, I am dealt....a pair of aces. I throw my hands up making a fuss, as I do for show, but in reality, happy to have a pair of aces with max bet out. You are probably a step ahead of me now and figuring that I once again drew another ace to each of the split aces. THAT is where we are getting into weirdville. Any of you math guys want to figure the odds of this occurring twice within 4 rounds?

Finishing the story, the dealer had a 9 up this time, which seemed even more dire, turned over a 7 and then broke. I have been playing this game a long time, but every once in a while I still see something new (to me) and find myself mumbling "hum".