Thread: Does Placing Limits on a Sports Bettor Show that Books Fear Him?

Well, obviously, of course not. If you're asking that question, you should probably take up baccarat. It's a dumb question.

For civilians, however, it's a reasonable question (I suppose), so I will address it in some blog entries. I have some decent stories -- in one, I'm a horse's ass (nothing new), in another I'm stupid (relative rare when it comes to sports gambling), and in another I don't get banned, just limited to $1.75 or thereabouts on futures.

Rather than waste these stories here, I'll post them for a general audience on my blog.

Mickey makes the classic, kind-of-silly error in his posts regarding this. Sports books limiting somebody is not analogous to them fearing or respecting the bettor. That's obviously not the case 99% of the time they limit somebody. I'm stunned that mickey tried to make that analogy for a relatively small wager by Spanky.

As I've laid out in the past, sometimes limits vary by your card status and the tier-level that book assigns to a particular game. As CET did for years (I haven't made a substantial CET wager in a couple years, so not certain that's the current formula). Sometimes books limit you because they're gutless maroons.

I wish I had videotaped last August when I went to the Hard Rock sports book and tried to bet a future. I tried to get down $250. You know how much they took from me? Guess again.

They took a sawbuck.

Does that mean they fear and respect me? LOL. Of course not. It was my first wager there. They don't know me from Adam. They're just tight, gutless maroons.

Anyway, when I get the blog entries written, I'll post a link here. I've been recruited to work on a script or two for IHEARTRadio. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm giving it a try. So time is scarce. Plus it's the XFL, baby!
    Last edited by redietz; 02-21-2023 at 02:06 PM.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I've been recruited to work on a script or two for IHEARTRadio. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm giving it a try. !
    Huh?

Do tell...at least when you know WTF it is they want you to write.

iheart plays current, i.e. pop music, a bit edgy sometimes but current mainstream stuff, and I wonder why they'd need a script?
    What, Me Worry?

They do a lot of radio shows (hint, hint).

By the way, the finest duet I've seen perform rock was an IHEART show in Las Vegas with Billy Idol and Miley Cyrus doing "Rebel Yell."

It's funny. I took one screenwriting course in college, and I was absolutely terrible.
    Last edited by redietz; 02-21-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I've been recruited to work on a script or two for IHEARTRadio. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm giving it a try. !
    Huh?

Do tell...at least when you know WTF it is they want you to write.

iheart plays current, i.e. pop music, a bit edgy sometimes but current mainstream stuff, and I wonder why they'd need a script?
    Magnum PI reboot obviously
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by Magnum PI
    They're just tight, gutless maroons.
    If they are gutless then it seems like they'd have to fear something by my understanding of the word. Am I missing something?

Also - glad to see this board at least giving Redietz info for his blog. Such a fucking shame not many here will read it.

It honestly took me some time to be around here to understand. Like I have my like childish shitfests with Mickey, TablePlay .. DannyG.. whatever but this Redietz character is something else.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

The fact that he assume anyone on here thinks fear means they know of our rep is goofy. That never happens much because people are limited. Big guys are working networks of beards and contacts for whatever. I met a guy in a highstakes game and his whole thing was to gather up beards for these other guys and he snips off the plays for himself. From other stuff I'd heard about him he plays in a lot of home games. Probably picks up people all the time. Books have no idea who these people are let alone who we are.

Sharp bettors as a class are limited all over all the time. Redietz should get on twitter but geez they're all anonymous there... must just be sore losers. yea thats it. Ultimately yes they do fear us in that they're looking after their bottomline and give out soft nos all the time.

ps by us not me as I don't bet sports but I have interest in all these things.

3 post reward. I am quitting posting for the rest of the week. Call me forum bitch again if I don't honor my commitment.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    The fact that he assume anyone on here thinks fear means they know of our rep is goofy. That never happens much because people are limited. Big guys are working networks of beards and contacts for whatever. I met a guy in a highstakes game and his whole thing was to gather up beards for these other guys and he snips off the plays for himself. From other stuff I'd heard about him he plays in a lot of home games. Probably picks up people all the time. Books have no idea who these people are let alone who we are.

Sharp bettors as a class are limited all over all the time. Redietz should get on twitter but geez they're all anonymous there... must just be sore losers. yea thats it. Ultimately yes they do fear us in that they're looking after their bottomline and give out soft nos all the time.

ps by us not me as I don't bet sports but I have interest in all these things.

3 post reward. I am quitting posting for the rest of the week. Call me forum bitch again if I don't honor my commitment.

Yep, them thar "sharp bettors" are to be feared. As a class, no less. They're like jungle cats at night, diving in and ripping them books to shreds, then sneaking back into the shadows. The sharpies, lurking in the tall grass like the apex predators they are.

You fearsome "APs" need to stop plagiarizing Ian Fleming.

Meanwhile, for MrV. Best rock duet:

Druff, at least the first post in this thread belongs in the Sportsbetting thread. We don't need two threads on the same subject.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information