Thread: Payday

Anyone seen this game yet? It is a hex style game on a 1-10 scarab type cycle. The middle column is a jackpot spin, the other 4 columns are ~6 free games. The columns are reset to random heights on the first spin. (nothing turns wild on 10th) There are 10 potential rows (heights). So maxed out it is literally 100k ways.

People tend to abandon mid-cycle if they're not going to hit the jackpot things at the top. There is no pay off on spin 10. Everything just resets. So this means people leave the machine behind but the state isn't particularly clear.

If I was a real machine pro like Mickey Crimm or others I'd clock some stuff. I suspect there is a lot of value to be had in those many way spins but too complicated for your typical ploppy to consider. They'll see "Oh I won't ever hit the 10th column" .. and leave behind something that is clearly +EV.

Since it doesn't pay both ways the left columns have quite a bit more value.

I think I am running pretty good at this game. The plays are not near as clear. I am not sure what the rules are for the reset. If someone has spun 1 of the 10 cycle then you can see the intial heights of the columns but not until.

I had config that I almost played. It was on spin 3 and the 2nd column was height of 10 but the 1,3 columns were at only 2. This didn't make them conducive to getting the 'up' symbol so I passed. 40 ways in first 3 isn't very good to begin with but knowing the other 2 won't grow fast made it easy to not play.

Anyway, great game. Lots going on. It'd take some time for lots of low-end APs to figure it out much. I hope to see it take off. It might be too much or it might be the right amount of sweat. Having it reset every 10th spin and climb to the top is fun.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 02-27-2023 at 10:44 PM.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Thread Information