Thread: my hoops playing days

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

first, I can't brag too much - I was very good for a h.s. player but not great - got 18 p.p.g. in h.s. - but so many were better than me - I wanted to play for a major college but only got recruited by small colleges

I played 2 years for an NCAA Division 1 small college, 2,300 students - one year freshman and one year varsity - I was high scorer my freshman year - my soph year I sometimes started and sometimes was 6th man

the varsity coach was a tight ass and I was a playground style player - he didn't like me very much - I was schooled on DC playgrounds

but what I CAN brag about is some of the players I got to get out on the court with

Elgin Baylor - DC playground - late in his career - he was fat and wasn't playing seriously

Austin Carr - DC playground - he was playing seriously - totally unstoppable - can't touch that - might as well not even try hard to defend the guy - unless you're one of the NBA's greatest defenders of all time you wouldn't have a prayer of stopping him

Kermit Washington - All American for AU and famous for breaking somebody's face in the NBA - my college played AU

we also ridiculously played Pitt in a non league game - 35,000 students - I guess it was scheduled so Pitt could have a practice game - of course they crushed us

my claim to fame:

I had a 3 point play on Billy Knight - All American and NBA & ABA All Star

the funny thing is - he didn't foul me - he didn't even touch me - just came close - but the ref called it

Last edited by Half Smoke; 03-06-2023 at 06:30 AM.
    please don't feed the trolls

Thread Information