Thread: KJ's Phillies wagers

For fun and entertainment purposes, I will be making at least 1, some days 2 or 3 wagers on each Phillies game. I don't think there is anyone stupid enough to play off my picks, but just in case.....DON'T.

Todays wagers vs Texas Rangers: 5 innings Phillies +140, Game Phillies +126, Game Over 6 1/2 runs @ -120. All $100 wagers.

Play ball!

Well, I blanket bet every Over today before 10 PM, so not looking good right now. We'll see how it goes. I'll evaluate the carnage prior to making a decision on the 10 PM games.

My late father was a real Phillies fan. After he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, he would watch the afternoon replays of the previous day's game, and I never had the heart to explain it was a replay.

I have a baseball future in mind, but I never pull the trigger until a minimum of 30 games have been played. I may break the rule this year. We'll see.

The Phillies are going to be like the Rockies are every year. Score a lot of runs. Give up a lot of runs. The new "shift" rules will only add to that. Lots of 8-6, 10-7 games. The only difference is they will not have that home and away split that the Rockies have as far as the high scoring games. Home and away will all be lots of runs with the Phils.

Fanduel did some promotional stuff today, so I entered a few teams. I have Trea Turner, but I needed more players from that game.

I got through the late afternoon games fine with the bulk betting, so I'm going to fire on the 10 PM Overs, too. We'll see how it goes. It looked dismal at one point, but the Mets and Pirates games swung around.

Well, the bulk betting went 8-7 if I've tallied things correctly. That's a free dinner, but that's about it. I will not be trying this tomorrow as the lines are much less generous. And the XFL has a game, which is a priority. And there's a Drag Show at ETSU that has become a focus of national interest, so I'll try to attend that.

A busy Friday -- have to review an edited version of the Gangster Chronicles script, which has been partly rewritten by an East Coast expert. Maybe tweak the new "March Madness Meta" blog post (now available). And then evaluate a possible XFL wager and attend a drag show. That is a long day.

I think I did some bulk over wagering at the start of last season. My thinking was starting pitchers only go 6 inning now a days and the first few weeks they would only go 3-4, so lots of runs. If I remember correctly it was a mixed bad as far as results. Look at todays Phils game. By the line over/under 6.5, I guess they thought a pitchers duel. Both Degram and Nola were rocked and out after 3.2/3 innings. I think the Phillies are in for a lot of those kind of games.

So I went 1-2 today, down $116.67. baseball season kind of snuck up on me, as I didn't even realize it started today until last night.

I don't know how long I will keep up with this because I am not going to have the time to watch the Phillies everyday like I did last summer, when I wasn't playing much. I have a week trip coming up in April and a 6 week trip in May-June, that is going to include 2 weeks driving home (back to LV) along route 66, seeing all the little touristy oddities attractions, and diners. Maybe I will be so far down in the betting that I will be done by then.

Thread Information