Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
Originally Posted by redietz View Post
KewlJ, you and I have not been seeing eye to eye regarding other topics, but I'm not asking the following to pile on.

Why would you play there?

I can't fathom why you would try to count there.

And for the dumbasses in the audience, kewlJ will not pursue action because it's not in his best interest to pursue action. And his attorney likely knows that and agrees with him, all things considered.

Fools count cards where angels fear to tread.

In completely unrelated news, I'm having breakfast at South Point tomorrow. Anyone who wants to ask about EV or get a book, check out times in the sports betting section.
Redietz, if you see a big (fat) latino security dude (I don't even know his name), that thinks he is a tough guy, tell him I said Hi.

Why would I play at South Point specifically? is that your question? South point has always been in my rotation since the time I moved to Vegas. Even before I started driving in Vegas. As a matter of fact, just after I bought a car and started driving, I won a truck at South Point.

As far as blackjack, they are a little (a lot) sweaty. I don't care. I play El Cortez fairly frequently for God sakes. Neither of these properties contributes to the databases. They subscribe but don't contribute. That means anything that does happen, only effects that property. That is a big plus for longevity.

I will definitely be returning to South Point before the year is up, just out of principal , but probably not playing blackjack for a good while, so I can tell you what I like about South Point blackjack related without much consequence.

6 deck games on the main floor. Penetration isn't great in the main pit, usually 67-70%, but in the second pit at the $25 min, the pen is 75% which is normal or average. And on weekdays the $25 games aren't crowded. South point is a low roller joint. The $10 games are crowded.

Also, and this will excite some of the haters, but when the second and third pits are open, south point is one of the better tracking a second table locations. I am able to do this less and less frequently these days though.

And of course, South Point is one of the few remaining reasonably priced buffets.

Unfortunately, I was no-mailed there long ago, so it has only been about blackjack for a number of years. And in regards to no-mail, I always say that no-mail is one of the first counter-measures taken. Kind of a waring shot. I guess I ignored that warning.

No, kewlJ, I'm asking because I strongly suggested to you maybe a year ago in a PM that playing there was not a percentage move, regardless of "EV."

Nobody listens to their elders these days (sighs and rolls his eyes).