Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garth Brooks at Caesars is making you put your phone in a box throughout the performance

Research shows this overreliance on your phone can lead to mental laziness. Modern connectedness also could be rewiring our brains to constantly crave instant gratification. “Social media, in my view, provides the user with inconsistent positive reinforcement, similar to gambling.
    Name:  23well_graphic-blog480-v2.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  58.1 KB

Originally Posted by OppsIdidItAgain View Post
    Research shows this overreliance on your phone can lead to mental laziness. Modern connectedness also could be rewiring our brains to constantly crave instant gratification. “Social media, in my view, provides the user with inconsistent positive reinforcement, similar to gambling.
    Name:  23well_graphic-blog480-v2.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  58.1 KB
    We’re Americans dude.

We’ve been craving instant gratification since long before the cell phone was around.

People saying, "Just put your phone away" are not living in the reality of 2020s life.

Smart phones have become a major part of life, whether you like it or not. Just because we didn't have them prior to 2007 doesn't mean that we can just pretend they never existed.

Here's a good example:

Let's say you are leaving your kids in the hotel room, and want to check on them. In the middle of the concert, you might whip out your phone, text your kid, "Are you ok?", and wait for the quick acknowledging response. Then you'd put the phone back away and enjoy the rest of the concert. This doesn't bother anyone, and should totally be allowed.

Or let's say you're waiting for an important text, perhaps one where you'd need to stop outside the concert a bit and make a phone call. You couldn't check for this text without leaving your seat repeatedly to go out of the concert just to look at the messages.

The rule is overkill.

Reminds me of when people chide me for buying the internet when I go on a cruise. People say to me, "Todd, why are you on the internet on a cruise? Why don't you get off the computer and just enjoy life?"

And I respond that I do exactly that during the cruise, such as when I'm visiting a port during the day, or involving myself in an onboard activity. But there's also downtime when I'm happy to be in my room, sitting on my balcony, and connecting to the internet on my laptop.

This phone policy would seriously take away my desire to go to a concert with such a policy, and I'm a guy who barely touches his phone while at concerts.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    People saying, "Just put your phone away" are not living in the reality of 2020s life.

Smart phones have become a major part of life, whether you like it or not. Just because we didn't have them prior to 2007 doesn't mean that we can just pretend they never existed.

Here's a good example:

Let's say you are leaving your kids in the hotel room, and want to check on them. In the middle of the concert, you might whip out your phone, text your kid, "Are you ok?", and wait for the quick acknowledging response. Then you'd put the phone back away and enjoy the rest of the concert. This doesn't bother anyone, and should totally be allowed.

Or let's say you're waiting for an important text, perhaps one where you'd need to stop outside the concert a bit and make a phone call. You couldn't check for this text without leaving your seat repeatedly to go out of the concert just to look at the messages.

The rule is overkill.

Reminds me of when people chide me for buying the internet when I go on a cruise. People say to me, "Todd, why are you on the internet on a cruise? Why don't you get off the computer and just enjoy life?"

And I respond that I do exactly that during the cruise, such as when I'm visiting a port during the day, or involving myself in an onboard activity. But there's also downtime when I'm happy to be in my room, sitting on my balcony, and connecting to the internet on my laptop.

This phone policy would seriously take away my desire to go to a concert with such a policy, and I'm a guy who barely touches his phone while at concerts.
    I also pointed out we NEED smartphones. We didn't need them before they existed simply because they hadn't been made yet. But now that they exist, we NEED them. I also mentioned about the child calling her Dad to tell her the bus driver was driving like a crazy person and the child was scared. Turns out, bus driver was drunk. Dad would have had no idea his daughter was in danger without the child having a phone. Another Family saw a burglary in progress while the kids were left at home while parents went out for the night. Parents had a smartphone and decided to check on the kids by using their smartphone. They were horrified to see Burglars pointing guns at their Children and told the Burglars to get out of their house and told them they were watching them through a camera. The burglars not surprisingly ran for the hills. What would have happened had the smartphones been locked away in a box while Parents were singing Garth Brooks songs at his concert oblivious to what was happening to their children and their house? I shudder to think about it.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Here's a good example:

The rule is overkill.

I also pointed out we NEED smartphones. We didn't need them before they existed simply because they hadn't been made yet. But now that they exist, we NEED them. I also mentioned about the child calling her Dad to tell her the bus driver was driving like a crazy person and the child was scared. Turns out, bus driver was drunk. Dad would have had no idea his daughter was in danger without the child having a phone. Another Family saw a burglary in progress while the kids were left at home while parents went out for the night. Parents had a smartphone and decided to check on the kids by using their smartphone. They were horrified to see Burglars pointing guns at their Children and told the Burglars to get out of their house and told them they were watching them through a camera. The burglars not surprisingly ran for the hills. What would have happened had the smartphones been locked away in a box while Parents were singing Garth Brooks songs at his concert oblivious to what was happening to their children and their house? I shudder to think about it.
    We don't need Cell Phones.
    They are a Fucking Luxury.
    Look Up how they are made.
    LUL... Slaves are mining Cobalt so you can feed your addiction!
    You are literally supporting Slavery and Children being exploited and being born into Slavery with no chance of escape.
    Congratulations, you want reparations for slavery but want slavery so you can feed your so-called need.
    LUL GO GREEN... Buy Electric Vehicles and Support Slavery... Nicely Done Hypocrites lol.

Last edited by monet; 05-18-2023 at 03:56 AM.

Nobody NEEDS a smartphone. They're nothing but a convenience. We got along fine without them in my day, and it made people motivated to think their way through situations rather than depend on instant communication. In many many cases, all that capability does is cause angst, worrying, and drifting attention when the other party doesn't respond as expected anyway. Then the lying begins.

They're creating a whole new generation of fatass lazy people who have become addicted to reading their phones--when they could/should be out getting some fresh air and exercise and who, regardless of laws, choose to be distracted by calls & texting while driving, thereby putting countless law-abiding citizens in either frustrating or dangerous situations.

There's nothing more sickening than seeing groups of people walking around with their heads bowed down looking at their screens. There's also nothing more disgusting looking around at stop lights and seeing a bunch of nervous asshole drivers texting or reading their stupid screens, all believing they should be allowed to do so because what they've got going on is more important than what you've got going on.

I'm wholly in favor of making people choose between sitting comfortably and respectfully paying attention to a concert/event YOU chose to attend....or staying away just so you could use your pathetic, sorry-ass little gadget EVEN MORE....or feel "important" because you're on standby.

People say these "wonderful little devices" have driven living and working "to new heights" with their fancy collection of instant gratification etc. But many times that works against us, as there are tons of things that might have been better to wait for to learn.

Look at this world today--has all this instant communication and capability to look up answers on the internet while having lunch or going to a game, really made this messed-up world any better? Has it reduced crime, hate, or has it enhanced the lives of people in general? Has it helped create a caring crop of politicians who use this tool to truly help them do the right things for their constituents?

Wise up.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Nobody NEEDS a smartphone. They're nothing but a convenience. We got along fine without them in my day, and it made people motivated to think their way through situations rather than depend on instant communication. In many many cases, all that capability does is cause angst, worrying, and drifting attention when the other party doesn't respond as expected anyway. Then the lying begins.

They're creating a whole new generation of fatass lazy people who have become addicted to reading their phones--when they could/should be out getting some fresh air and exercise and who, regardless of laws, choose to be distracted by calls & texting while driving, thereby putting countless law-abiding citizens in either frustrating or dangerous situations.

There's nothing more sickening than seeing groups of people walking around with their heads bowed down looking at their screens. There's also nothing more disgusting looking around at stop lights and seeing a bunch of nervous asshole drivers texting or reading their stupid screens, all believing they should be allowed to do so because what they've got going on is more important than what you've got going on.

I'm wholly in favor of making people choose between sitting comfortably and respectfully paying attention to a concert/event YOU chose to attend....or staying away just so you could use your pathetic, sorry-ass little gadget EVEN MORE....or feel "important" because you're on standby.

People say these "wonderful little devices" have driven living and working "to new heights" with their fancy collection of instant gratification etc. But many times that works against us, as there are tons of things that might have been better to wait for to learn.

Look at this world today--has all this instant communication and capability to look up answers on the internet while having lunch or going to a game, really made this messed-up world any better? Has it reduced crime, hate, or has it enhanced the lives of people in general? Has it helped create a caring crop of politicians who use this tool to truly help them do the right things for their constituents?

Wise up.
    Well Said.
    It's just the New Drug and most of the world is currently addicted with no rehab in sight.
    My wife would probably go insane without her Tablet or Cell Phone lol.
    It's literally made her more of a homebody who never wants to go out and enjoy real life or nature anymore.
    "Hey Honey, want to go out to the Dog Park, Lake Mead or Mt. Charleston?"
    - No, I just want to sit here and watch TVBuddy, Tik Tok or Fucking YouTube Videos all day and night long now. -
    (or maybe I'll take a picture of my dinner so I can look at it later. (Sickening)

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Wise up.
    Great takes by you and Monet. The whole Smart Phone deal is similar to the Covid "Vaccine". Force people to get it or try and punish them if they don't. Nothing should get in the way of the Corporatocracy making money off of you after all.

Why are only Duff and I pointing out that we NEED Smartphones? Smartphones are a necessity. People have had their lives SAVED because of them. For example, an abused woman who along with her Children were being held at knifepoint by her Abusive Boyfriend. She used her SMARTPHONE to notify either a Pizza Hut or a Domino's that her Abusive boyfriend held her and her children hostage at knifepoint. The pizza chain has a loophole that allows victims to ask for Police covertly. The victim , who was allowed to use her phone to order pizza for the family, used her SMARTPHONE to order a pizza saying something like,"Green peppers, sausage, mushroom, cheese," and in the "special request," she put,"Please call police. Me and my children are being held at knifepoint by my Abusive boyfriend." The pizza place alerted Police. Police came and arrested the Abusive boyfriend. There's no way she could have made that special"pizza ," request without a SMARTPHONE.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Keep it turned off until you need it. I used to carry one around for emergencies only, ie, without ever hooking it up. Only problem is that they keep increasing the G's.
    Magic of music is to make any instrument sound great. What a forum of thus satisfaction, despite the clowns and other losers. I found the numeral, 78230, in nature, given that the time of my final-1 post was 7:08, and, its spot #304=(2^2+300)-->23. And, by the sizes of the little, images: 7.8KB, and, 4.8KB=(2^4X0.3)-->23; p<[1/(5X050X5)^2]. (300/4)=75; (16-0.3)=15.7-->1/57-->75. (296/53.333...)=5.55. (1200/16.3)-->[10X7+2+1].[6][196√91][9][183]; (1200X16.3)-->[1961-7+2]. (78^2 - 23^2)=5555. Ha!

Why are only Duff and I pointing out that we NEED Smartphones? Smartphones are a necessity. People have had their lives SAVED because of them. For example, an abused woman who along with her Children were being held at knifepoint by her Abusive Boyfriend. She used her SMARTPHONE to notify either a Pizza Hut or a Domino's that her Abusive boyfriend held her and her children hostage at knifepoint. The pizza chain has a loophole that allows victims to ask for Police covertly. The victim , who was allowed to use her phone to order pizza for the family, used her SMARTPHONE to order a pizza saying something like,"Green peppers, sausage, mushroom, cheese," and in the "special request," she put,"Please call police. Me and my children are being held at knifepoint by my Abusive boyfriend." The pizza place alerted Police. Police came and arrested the Abusive boyfriend. There's no way she could have made that special"pizza ," request without a SMARTPHONE.
    It might be right for women with children that have homicidal boyfriends to have a Smart Phone, but for the those of us who are not in that situation and who don't want to be enslaved by a small device, the best move is to not have one.

No enslavement by smartphone for me: I don't have one.

No, I'm enslaved the old fashioned way: via my PC.

I do have an old school flip-phone that I use to (get ready for this...) "make phone calls."

I often listen to music on my LP's.

Luddite, or ahead of the curve?
    Last edited by MisterV; 05-18-2023 at 02:14 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    No enslavement by smartphone for me: I don't have one.

No, I'm enslaved the old fashioned way: via my PC.

I do have an old school flip-phone that I use to (get ready for this...) "make phone calls."

I often listen to music on my LP's.

Luddite, or ahead of the curve?
    I'm basically in the same spot (flip phone). My friend gave me a blank smart phone with no service, but I only have used it as a glorified digital camera a few times.

While it’s debatable that anyone would NEED a smartphone, it’s not debatable that anyone would ever NEED a smartphone AND also NEED to attend a Garth Brooks concert simultaneously.

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    While it’s debatable that anyone would NEED a smartphone, it’s not debatable that anyone would ever NEED a smartphone AND also NEED to attend a Garth Brooks concert simultaneously.
    Good Point.
    Impossible to argue with your statement.

Got an interesting theory about this from a Poker Fraud Alert Radio listener:

The possible reason for Garth requiring concertgoers to lock their phones, May be due to the fact ymh, one of-if not the largest-comedy podcast out there, for over a year bow, makes fun of Garth regularly, and they have an army of trolling fans that want to upload videos of them harassing him. All the evidence you need to convince yourself of this is overflowing in any comment section on any platform of any Garth video or post.

Would be hilarious if this policy was simply to prevent trolling.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Breaking The Law... Breaking The Law!
    Where are the bodies Garth, huh... Where are the Fucking Bodies buried??

I can't bring myself to attend a concert with seats like the one shown above.

No fun to attend when the performer looks like an ant. Why not just watch him on TV?

I feel the same about attending sporting events. If the seats aren't good, I don't bother, even if they're free.

Thread Information