Thread: Mickey, nice comments about you from Anthony Curtis on Las Vegas Advisor

Anthony Curtis, publisher of Las Vegas Advisor and multiple gambling books says he has followed you for years. He would like to meet you and do an interview. He says if Mickey says something I would believe it.

He is trying to start a gambler interview show, probably now that Dancer/Munchkin have retired.

Start at 26 minute point for comments about you.

Well deserved, and it's refreshing hearing from someone who is a REAL blackjack professional, without a need to constantly impress others with ridiculous tales. AC has always been a fair guy. Even in the midst of my popularity all around the country and knowing my criticism of Dancer etc., he still invited me in for an interview.

Very flattering words by Mr. Curtis.

Impressive.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Well deserved, and it's refreshing hearing from someone who is a REAL blackjack professional, without a need to constantly impress others with ridiculous tales. AC has always been a fair guy. Even in the midst of my popularity all around the country and knowing my criticism of Dancer etc., he still invited me in for an interview.
    You just had to make it about you Jerry.

Nice comments by AC on mickeycrimm.

Wasn't Curtis a cohost on GWAE at a couple different times briefly? With Richard and Dancer deciding to wrap up the show, I wonder if any consideration was given to finding new replacement hosts, someone like Curtis or Shackleford who is firmly entrenched in the gambling AP world? Or was GWAE strictly a Dancer project and had to end when he finished?

Regardless I think there is a void or space that could be filled with someone like Curtis or Shackeleford, maybe Dan Druff, expanding their podcasts or video content. I just think there is a opening to talk with AP's like mickeycrimm that want to share anything they want to share, experiences, knowledge, ect. I am not sure video and seeing the person on the couch would work because of the nature of advantage players and advantage play. I don't see someone like mickey (or any other real AP) sitting on that couch, unless they were really ready to retire from AP play.

Not surprising to hear Anthony say that about a knowledgeable stand-up guy like Mickey. Thanks for the post cyberbabble.

Thanks, Cyberbabble. I just watched the show. I didn't know Curtis was following me so closely on vpFREE. That's where I put up the most technical information. It was mainly about video poker in those days. I was spoiled rotten with 3% to 5% advantages, all up and down Nevada, in those days. It looks like he has followed me some on advantage slots too. Probably got that from GWAE and Risk of Ruin.

What he said was flattering. But I don't think I'll be making a personal appearance on the show. I wouldn't mind answering questions from afar though.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I wouldn't mind answering questions from afar though.
    Maybe you and Bob Dietz can appear together...form afar though.

You can ask each other questions.

Thread Information