Thread: cyberbabbles July 4 MLB winning betting angle

For those of you that enjoy this sort of thing, here is a July 4 data mining angle.

Bet on all home teams, moneyline to win, on July 4.

On favorites bet xxx to win 100, on dogs bet 100 to win xxx.

Should be enough action for even the most degenerate gamblers.

Home teams are playing in front of a full stadium of happy, boozed up fans celebrating the day off work.
    Away teams are missing the parties with family and friends and facing a hostile crowd that boos every move.

historical record: 18 years, 14 winning years, 4 losing years, 265 games, 164 wins, 101 losses, $4500+ profit, 12% roi

data from https://killersports.com/

Interesting. I am on board. Although if Druff makes a pick or two that contradicts, I probably will go with Druff's pick instead.

Maybe next year.

I count 9 visitor wins in 15 games today.

Crushed. 6w - 9l -$500 more or less

Things like this work long enough to establish a trend. By the time you notice the trend, it's time for it to reverse.

19 years, 14 winning years, 5 losing years sounds impressive. Sample size is 19.

280 games, 170 wins, 110 losses. Sample size is 280, not big enough. In most games the home team is the favorite. The favorite usually wins.

Still a winning record over 19 years. I don't know if this will hold up in the future. Maybe find out after another 20 years.

I caught a break by not betting the Nationals, only because I didn't realize there was a game starting at 8am Las Vegas time. I logged on to place my bets at 9:15 and was like oh damn. Still a losing day, but a little less that it would have been if I had looked earlier. I also considered not betting Tampa Bay because they were playing the team I root for, the Phillies, but I decided to go with the program, and I did bet Tampa Bay.

Single day results, even over 19 years is still a very small sample size, so I wouldn't put too much into this one way or the other. But it was a fun little exercise.

Thread Information