Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnson City Men's Book Club Meeting, Oct 27

In another thread redietz wrote:

"You know, I'll be sitting at a men's book club meeting next Friday, with reporters in the audience, fielding questions about Billy Walters and the Computer Group. There is literally nowhere to hide. I have to be able to give real answers to real questions from real people. This forum stuff is almost entirely a clown act. Maybe I'll tell the reporters and the people in the club who taught college math that, yeah, I post in a professional sports betting forum and "8-4 is two games over .500." That'll be well received."

For those that don't know, in another forum redietz wrote:

Johnson City Men's Book Club Meeting: Gambler

"The Johnson City Men's Book Club, helmed by retired ETSU political science professor Ken Mijeski, will discuss Gambler: Secrets from a Life at Risk by Billy Walters at the Friday, October 27 meeting.

Bob Dietz, who worked for Mr. Walters during the 2002 football season, will facilitate the discussion. Bob, who lives in Johnson City, spent 20+ college football seasons in Las Vegas as a professional handicapper. A special guest, who headed a high stakes sports gambling cartel in Las Vegas concurrent with Mr. Walters' famous "Computer Group," will also be in attendance.

The meeting, which is open to the public, begins at 3:30 PM in the lounge area of The Italian Pizza Pub at 807 W. Walnut Street in Johnson City."

Perhaps redietz could enlighten us as to which reporters will be there?

Which newspapers will be represented?
    What TV stations, if any, will be there?
    Will the Johnson City Press by there?
    Will the Kingsport TimesNews be there?
    Will any media from Knoxville be there?
    How about the Asheville or Charlotte, North Carolina media?
    Will ESPNNews be there?

Some VCT members may have questions they want to relay to reporters covering the event.
    Thank you, redietz, for your cooperation.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 10-22-2023 at 02:01 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Does anyone have any questions they would like Bob Dietz to answer at the book club meeting?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Does anyone have any questions they would like Bob Dietz to answer at the book club meeting?
    "Where's the restroom?"
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

Originally Posted by jpfromla View Post
    "Where's the restroom?"

The men's club actually is in the restroom.

The Italian Pizza Pub got cold feet about hosting a men's club in this era of heightened sensitivity about gender discrimination but figured the men's bathroom was still fair game.

Attendees are advised to arrive early as seating is limited.

That sounds about as interesting as that old goat who did a radio show with a munchkin at South point. In other words worthless...RIIP

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Originally Posted by jpfromla View Post
    "Where's the restroom?"

The men's club actually is in the restroom.

The Italian Pizza Pub got cold feet about hosting a men's club in this era of heightened sensitivity about gender discrimination but figured the men's bathroom was still fair game.

Attendees are advised to arrive early as seating is limited.
    Posted limits -

3 to a stall.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Maybe he can get someone to buy his tout picks or put up the money for a betting syndicate. He hasn't had much luck attracting people on the internet.

Question that should be asked:

Mr. Dietz, what did you learn in the 4 short months you worked for Mr. Walters?

It was actually six months.

That, and other questions, will be broached during the meeting. While the main thrust of the meeting will be the book itself, there will be a follow-up meeting on another date for those interested in a technical discussion of Walters' two how-to chapters. That follow-up should feature someone who ran a sports betting cartel in Las Vegas at a higher level than I ever have.

The meeting is open to the public. Not sure if it will be videotaped or not. There will be a preview email sent to all book club members on Tuesday or Wednesday. If you want to be sent that preview email, just email me at Integritysports@aol.com.

Thanks for your interest.

In another thread redietz wrote:

"You know, I'll be sitting at a men's book club meeting next Friday, with reporters in the audience, fielding questions about Billy Walters and the Computer Group. There is literally nowhere to hide. I have to be able to give real answers to real questions from real people. This forum stuff is almost entirely a clown act. Maybe I'll tell the reporters and the people in the club who taught college math that, yeah, I post in a professional sports betting forum and "8-4 is two games over .500." That'll be well received."

For those that don't know, in another forum redietz wrote:

Johnson City Men's Book Club Meeting: Gambler

"The Johnson City Men's Book Club, helmed by retired ETSU political science professor Ken Mijeski, will discuss Gambler: Secrets from a Life at Risk by Billy Walters at the Friday, October 27 meeting.

Bob Dietz, who worked for Mr. Walters during the 2002 football season, will facilitate the discussion. Bob, who lives in Johnson City, spent 20+ college football seasons in Las Vegas as a professional handicapper. A special guest, who headed a high stakes sports gambling cartel in Las Vegas concurrent with Mr. Walters' famous "Computer Group," will also be in attendance.

The meeting, which is open to the public, begins at 3:30 PM in the lounge area of The Italian Pizza Pub at 807 W. Walnut Street in Johnson City."

Perhaps redietz could enlighten us as to which reporters will be there?

Which newspapers will be represented?
    What TV stations, if any, will be there?
    Will the Johnson City Press by there?
    Will the Kingsport TimesNews be there?
    Will any media from Knoxville be there?
    How about the Asheville or Charlotte, North Carolina media?
    Will ESPNNews be there?

Some VCT members may have questions they want to relay to reporters covering the event.
    Thank you, redietz, for your cooperation.
    ETSU is a bumfuck school anyway. Full of 3rd tier academics who couldn't be hired by a real school, no doubt. 87% acceptance rate for students. Very high. lolol. In a state not particularly populous. So impressive.

Sad.

PS - If Kewl hadn't been going off on Redietz lately I'd suspect this unnamed "headed a high stakes sports gambling cartel" is Kewl himself
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I can help with that research, account. Two folks recruited me to facilitate the discussion.

The first has a Ph.D. in sociology and a Harvard law degree. He is retiring this month. I think he generated $200 million in grants to the university.
    The second was a Fulbright scholar (at USC) and is on the committee to choose Western Hemisphere Fulbright scholars.

If you like, I can put them in touch with you. Be happy to do so. Drop me a line at Integritysports@aol.com.

LOL. I didn't think so.

Are they behind on their property taxes too?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I can help with that research, account. Two folks recruited me to facilitate the discussion.

The first has a Ph.D. in sociology and a Harvard law degree. He is retiring this month. I think he generated $200 million in grants to the university.
    The second was a Fulbright scholar (at USC) and is on the committee to choose Western Hemisphere Fulbright scholars.

If you like, I can put them in touch with you. Be happy to do so. Drop me a line at Integritysports@aol.com.

LOL. I didn't think so.
    You're the same guy who claims Stanford medicine suggests Ivermectin as a "gold standard". They don't and never did. Yet you told me (as a total internet random) should email them to verify.

lol.

Good stuff. Same ol same ol.

Maybe if you work hard you can get a nice freeroll for yourself.

May you can hit a $500 lick to pay off your tax bill.

Redietz, any idea yet on which newspapers or TV stations will be there?

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post

LOL. I didn't think so.
    You're the same guy who claims Stanford medicine suggests Ivermectin as a "gold standard". They don't and never did. Yet you told me (as a total internet random) should email them to verify.

lol.

Good stuff. Same ol same ol.

Maybe if you work hard you can get a nice freeroll for yourself.

May you can hit a $500 lick to pay off your tax bill.

Actually, this was my error. I did the follow-up. It turns out that the original research was done at Stanford, but Stanford felt it was not conclusive and wanted no part in promoting Ivermectin, for obvious funding reasons. So two of the doctors who did the research resigned and spun it off into their own private company. I should have said, the PREVIOUS lead virologist at Stanford.

My error.

Redietz, any idea yet on which newspapers or TV stations will be there?
    Not sure any will be. But the filmmaker who works with George Anastasia said he'd be there. I don't expect he will film it, but who knows? Munchkin said he loves this kind of thing, but he can't make it.

As much shit as RED gets, if I was in the area I certainly would attend. It would be interesting at worst and educational at best. I’ve certainly wasted time in worse ways.

As for George Anastasia, not sure how friendly he and RED are, but the guy is the leading authority on the Mob in the Northeast and is a legend in the Philadelphia area. Granted he’s not advertised, only his filmmaker.

Good luck with the event, hopefully you get a decent turnout.

Thanks, Boz.

The filmmaker, Dennison, has been mentored by Anastasia. They are working together on The Gangster Chronicles for IHEART Radio. I had one script accepted for that show and another that I have co-credit on, but the strikes completely messed everything up. Dennison is in (and I think second director on) the movie The Art Thief, which should be released in a few months. Look for him. He plays a security guard.

Having writers not striking and actors striking leads to all kinds of weirdness and appeals for exceptions to the union and messed-up timetables.

I did hear chunks of a Gangster Chronicles taping, and there are two Sopranos stars in it. They are just great. It's amazing how well people can memorize yet wing it while live. It blows my mind.

Holy coincidence, Boz! Today's Dick Tracy comic references a museum heist it calls "The Gardiner [sic] Museum Heist." Must be a direct reference to the Gardner Museum in Art Thief.

Thread Information