Thread: Nevada w/o an edge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    About me: NV resident, no sports knowledge.

Can I find an edge?

I'm starting my analysis with the mobile apps because none of the operators have retail outlets in my apartment. Nevada is different from most other legalized states because accounts must be registered in person at a retail outet. Apparently, this prevents the national operators from using their standardized software, and discourages them from participating at all. You won't find FanDuel or DraftKings, and the nationals that do participate use a different app. Usually a crappy one.

For my first comparison, I compiled money line differentials for the three major in-season sports. In each case, I tried to select an evenly matched game. A game with -110 / -110 odds would register as a 20, as would a -125 / +105.

These #s are from a few minutes ago today:

Name:  nv money line 1108.png
Views: 218
Size:  37.3 KB

Some sites require a login to view the odds. I'm lacking Rampart and South Point logins, so those are blank. But according to VSIN data, South Point would be a 20 for all three games.

Most of the sites are vanilla 20 across the board. Atlantis and Circa were the only sites with dime lines -- both for NHL. Here's a "dime line" example, from Atlantis:

Name:  Atlantis dime.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  7.1 KB

Boyd has mixed offerings. And BetMGM is the only site to exceed a 20-cent line, with 25 cents on the NHL game. [Edit: also Boyd, at 22.]

I would like to find a (free) web site for odds comparison. VSIN is either incomplete or inaccurate, and others allegedly supporting Nevada appear to be pulling data from other states.
    Last edited by Don Perignom; 11-08-2023 at 01:35 PM.

Thread Information