Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sphere loses 100 million its first quarter.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

It costs something like $450k to buy that place for 24 hours so I don't think birthday messages is at all scalable or even has a place in the lineup.
    Whoa...lotta dough.

I was contemplating a very short display on the outer surface, not inside: maybe five or ten seconds: enough for the paying client to capture the display on their phone and post it on social media.
    This would likely cheapen the experience in other ways.

Regardless, it could give people a new icon to visit, like the welcome sign.

A new tradition is born: five or ten seconds of fame, your image on the Sphere for you to capture on your i-phone and show to the folks back home.

With high enough demand the MSG Sphere might actually return a profit, which I believe it currently is not predicted to do.
    Last edited by MisterV; 11-16-2023 at 09:04 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Unlike the F1 race, which is now universally hated by locals (and some tourists), the sphere is a beloved addition to the city.

I have been in Vegas a lot since it was turned on, and admit it looks really cool. My son (who is 13) is excited to see it next time he's in Vegas. The U2 concert was also well regarded, with the only criticism being that the sphere's technology could have been utilized even more.

However, looking cool doesn't mean profit.
    I swear you are a corporate shill.
    First you hate the Culinary Union and its workers.
    Next you tell us that everyone loves the sphere.
    Locals hate that thing.
    It's not only an eye sore but it causes major traffic issues.
    I was going to go inside and check it out but after reading honest reviews, the damn thing is a novelty at best.
    Vegas will keep it and it will make money from advertising.
    Vegas kept the Monorail too.
    Doesn't mean that they are good ideas.
    It does mean that smart people scammed the taxpayers out of millions of dollars.
    Not that the taxpayers can actually do anything about it or make the decisions.
    Given that he reads everyone's PMs - his shilling doesn't surprise me at all.
    The city was taken to the cleaners by the F1 people. It's a joke and will probably fail miserably--and it's off to a good start. This is what happens when high profile foreigners see weak leadership in this country--they think we're all stupid and weak so they take advantage wherever they can.

I have zero interest in the dome or whatever it's called, and even less interest in U2 and that flaming asshole Bono. Maybe the gullible overseas visitors along with our ignorant anti-social, crime-loving, America and Jew-hating younger generations see something in it. But it's probably got something to do with the drugs they take.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    along with our ignorant anti-social, crime-loving, America and Jew-hating younger generations
    The Jew-hating is what did it for me.

I have zero interest in the dome or whatever it's called, and even less interest in U2 and that flaming asshole Bono. Maybe the gullible overseas visitors along with our ignorant anti-social, crime-loving, America and Jew-hating younger generations see something in it. But it's probably got something to do with the drugs they take.
    Robert, kids these days never heard of U2.

The band peaked over thirty years ago.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    along with our ignorant anti-social, crime-loving, America and Jew-hating younger generations
    Hammas Hating Ok though. right.
    I mean we got to hate someone in this world.
    Can we hate the Iranians too?
    Please, Please... Please!

lol... we killed over 100 Million Redskins to take over this country.
    And we enslaved an entire race of people to work the fields lol.
    Bought, Sold and Whipped those jigs for decades.
    Everyone in the world is directly benefiting from it.
    Irony lol.

When are you people going to wake up and read a history book?
    This planet is nothing but Lie, Cheat and Steal and Kill or be Killed.
    Always has been.
    Still is.
    FACT.

You think our government cares about Jews or Palestinians?
    Hell No!
    We don't care about any race or creed.
    All we care about is Oil.
    Black Gold.
    Texas T.
    Natural Gas and other Resorces are just a bonus.

Last edited by monet; 11-17-2023 at 05:02 AM.

Locals hate that thing.
    I was going to go inside and check it out but after reading honest reviews, the damn thing is a novelty at best.
    It does mean that smart people scammed the taxpayers out of millions of dollars.
    The city was taken to the cleaners by the F1 people. It's a joke and will probably fail miserably--and it's off to a good start. This is what happens when high profile foreigners see weak leadership in this country--they think we're all stupid and weak so they take advantage wherever they can.

U2 and Bono are the biggest sellouts in Rock and Roll History.
    Sunday Bloody Sunday My Ass.

U2 and Bono are the biggest sellouts in Rock and Roll History.
    Sunday Bloody Sunday My Ass.
    monet, maxie says you need to wash your vagina.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Locals hate that thing.
    Not that the taxpayers can actually do anything about it or make the decisions.[/QUOTE]

monet represents the gay sex workers on the Strip.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    Hammas Hating Ok though. right.
    Just between the two of us, I was mocking Robbie for being manipulated into supporting the regime.

Doesn't matter though. My US dollars will destroy Palestine, and then my US dollars will rebuild it so it can be destroyed again.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Unlike the F1 race, which is now universally hated by locals (and some tourists), the sphere is a beloved addition to the city.

I have been in Vegas a lot since it was turned on, and admit it looks really cool. My son (who is 13) is excited to see it next time he's in Vegas. The U2 concert was also well regarded, with the only criticism being that the sphere's technology could have been utilized even more.

However, looking cool doesn't mean profit.
    Locals hate that thing.
    Yes, and he doesn't like having to go to a concert or sporting event without his phone to spy on everyone.

Yes, and he doesn't like having to go to a concert or sporting event without his phone to spy on everyone.
    Shut the fuck up, FAGGOT.

Bands are lining up to play at the Sphere:

https://americansongwriter.com/the-e...ere-residency/
    What, Me Worry?

Why not grab a big paycheck because you can pack in a lot of concerts in a few months instead of being on the road on a massive tour. Ideal situation for elderly musicians.

This thread is deceiving. The reported 98.4 million dollar loss, is due to accounting techniques off writing off depreciation and initial costs of construction. It is not like they actually lost 100m million running concerts and shows during that period.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Thread Information