Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extraordinary NFL Results --

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I only got a 740 on the math portion of the SAT.
    How'd you do on the other part? I think it has a woke name now, but back then was called verbal.

I'll guess 680 because I see no flaw in your verb game.

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    I only got a 740 on the math portion of the SAT.
    How'd you do on the other part? I think it has a woke name now, but back then was called verbal.

I'll guess 680 because I see no flaw in your verb game.
    Got a 710 on the verbal. Resulted in an academic ride, which I needed. Still had some popcorn Tuesdays, but the scholarship provided food the other six days, so no real complaints.

Got a 710 on the verbal. Resulted in an academic ride, which I needed. Still had some popcorn Tuesdays, but the scholarship provided food the other six days, so no real complaints.
    Exceptional! You definitely present as well educated.

I think I was 600 verbal, and not much higher on math.

I think I was 600 verbal, and not much higher on math.
    That was very good.

The guy I consult for math and programming got an 800 on the math section.

The good thing when I sit down at a table with him, my better half, and my partner, Del, is that I'm the dumbest guy at the table. But I like it that way. If you're the smartest guy in the room, you're in the wrong room.

If you're the smartest guy in the room, you're in the wrong room.
    Intelligence tests are sometimes used in sports. The one I'm aware of is the Wonderlic. Do you have any opinions on its relevance? I think it's often assumed that QBs in particular need high intelligence.

Gotta love a 70 year old guy that repeatedly tell you how smart he was 53 years ago.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Imagine being so smart that you wind up in bumfuck Tennessee in a shack with unpaid taxes in your golden years. Livin' the dream...RIP
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

If you're the smartest guy in the room, you're in the wrong room.
    Intelligence tests are sometimes used in sports. The one I'm aware of is the Wonderlic. Do you have any opinions on its relevance? I think it's often assumed that QBs in particular need high intelligence.
    From what I understand, the Houston QB, who I loved from the beginning (former Ohio State), had goddawful Wonderlic scores. That may actually be why Carolina passed on him, which was a horrible mistake. Not sure how relevant they are in this day and age when film study is so sophisticated that you can see everything for yourself on tape as opposed to going over stats and reading scouting reports. The other thing, to do well on IQ-type tests, I think you have to be motivated to do well. Not sure how motivated a multi-millionaire QB is to focus on a written test at which he isn't much good.
    Last edited by redietz; 12-02-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Gotta love a 70 year old guy that repeatedly tell you how smart he was 53 years ago.
    Gotta love a blackjack card counter who subtracts 17 from 66 and winds up with 53.

Glad you were precise there, kewlJ. Your math skills support your narrative like anonymity supports fairy tales.

LOL. Next time anyone needs to figure EV, be sure to hire kewlJ. He's the master with a sliderule.

I went first.

https://beatthewonderlic.com/take-a-...c-test-online/

Name:  josh allen.png
Views: 194
Size:  4.0 KB

Scroll down to the green "START QUIZ" button. It's a 12-minute test.

I scored Josh Allen .

Gotta love a blackjack card counter who subtracts 17 from 66 and winds up with 53.
    Ok, I went back and looked:. I thought you had told me you were 70 in that discussion at GF where you said you started receiving social security and didn't seem to know exactly how much because it is direct deposited and you don't look (which makes no sense). But I don't see where you said 70, so I guess that is my mistake.

NO MATTER....53 years ago or 49 years ago, you are resting on your laurels on something from half a century ago.

The real measuring stick is what you have done with your education and "smarts" that you insist you have. I have no idea what kind of money you have made, but you seem to reside in a very modest house (and that's ok) and for whatever reason, seem to be having difficulty paying your taxes on it. So....??

And look, the only reason we even KNOW this tax information, is because you posted your street address, about 100 times. For what reason, I have no idea???
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Glad you were precise there, kewlJ. Your math skills support your narrative like anonymity supports fairy tales.

LOL. Next time anyone needs to figure EV, be sure to hire kewlJ. He's the master with a sliderule.
    Hey red, if you think that's bad check out this guy's math. Funnier than shit. How could anyone be so dense? Oh, that was you.

"More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. Unreal.

C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.

'Nuff "
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Educated idiot
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Ok, I went back and looked:. I thought you had told me you were 70 in that discussion at GF where you said you started receiving social security and didn't seem to know exactly how much because it is direct deposited and you don't look (which makes no sense). But I don't see where you said 70, so I guess that is my mistake.

NO MATTER....53 years ago or 49 years ago, you are resting on your laurels on something from half a century ago.

The real measuring stick is what you have done with your education and "smarts" that you insist you have. I have no idea what kind of money you have made, but you seem to reside in a very modest house (and that's ok) and for whatever reason, seem to be having difficulty paying your taxes on it. So....??

And look, the only reason we even KNOW this tax information, is because you posted your street address, about 100 times. For what reason, I have no idea???

"I thought you had told me." "I guess that is my mistake." LOL.

Have you considered being halfway correct before typing, kewlJ? Or does that require too much time? Too much discipline? And really, the dude who was 25 games over .500 and blew it all to work through a bonus has zero business telling anybody else what to do with their money. It's comical. Sad and embarrassing, but comical.

Have you even bothered to address the fact that attempting to apply EV to non-random events based on the probability formulas of random events is, at best, imprecise (rendering it both guessing and borderline useless), and at worst, completely asinine? In other words, the trick question -- how do a football game and a coin flip differ? The answer: in every way imaginable.

I went first.

https://beatthewonderlic.com/take-a-...c-test-online/

Name:  josh allen.png
Views: 194
Size:  4.0 KB

Scroll down to the green "START QUIZ" button. It's a 12-minute test.

I scored Josh Allen .

I will take a crack at this Monday. Looking forward to it.

I will take a crack at this Monday. Looking forward to it.
    I would describe my 37 as vulnerable. It's a timed test allowing less than 15 seconds per question on average. I was surprised to get tripped up on some of the math questions. The complexity was a bit much for the time pressure, so I guessed at a couple to avoid running out of time. If you gave me unlimited time, I think I could have scored 38 easy.

In the NFL, I understand the Wonderlic has been replaced by the S2 which tops out at 100 instead of 50. Rumored high achievers at the S2 include Brock Purdy and Bryce Young.

Just gave it a shot. Good? Bad? Who knows?

Name:  IMG_2008.jpeg
Views: 274
Size:  295.9 KB

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Just gave it a shot. Good? Bad? Who knows?
    I think anything over 36 is elite .

The smartest person, likely, is the one who says shove it. I mean, were the people who write up iq tests, or, the ones who blindly take them, smart, then they would be doing something really neat instead. Ha.

Thread Information