Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump's over all tactic: delay, delay, delay

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    It's rare that appellate courts reverse issues of fact. In CO all the way up the courts have held that Grump did engage in insurrection or rebellion. The issue of law that was reversed was over an interpretation of the 14th Amendment - whether presidents are subject to the insurrection clause of the 14th Amendment because they are or are not an “officer of the United States.” The trial court in CO said no, the Supreme Court of CO said yes.

So unless the US Supreme Court decides that the CO trial court was completely out of line with ruling that Grump engaged in insurrection or rebellion, they'll just consider the more narrow legal issue of whether or not the 14th Amendment or CO's equivalent constitutional statute bar an insurrectionary former President from running/being President again. I don't see them de novo trying the entire insurrection issue again, unless some other courts rule that Grump did not engage in insurrection, and mixed rulings get sent up to the Supreme Court, then they might have to decide for themselves on the underlying insurrection issue.

We'll know how narrow the focus will be soon enough.
    Trump was not charged or convicted of insurrection. Until he is convicted of insurrection....there was no insurrection on his part. Innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

So now Grump lost (unanimously) his "Presidential Immunity" appeal in the DC Circuit, where he is facing the criminal election case. Will no doubt ask for a full circuit review (will be denied), then seek a writ of certiorari.

In a masterful opinion, the D.C. Circuit rejected the former president’s bid for immunity.

The DC Circuit, among other things, used Grump's own words against him, where his attorneys (and Republican Senators too) argued before Congress that it is the job of the criminal courts to deal with his alleged insurrection, that Congress cannot impeach a former President.

Meantime, he will try a version of the same loser argument in Florida before the 11th Circuit, where he is facing the classified documents criminal case.

If you can't win, delay!
    Last edited by MDawg; 02-07-2024 at 01:03 PM.
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Bad day for the Colorado supreme court
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

It's rare that appellate courts reverse issues of fact. In CO all the way up the courts have held that Grump did engage in insurrection or rebellion.
    Nevertheless, the question of whether Grump engaged in insurrection is still most likely not going to be addressed by the Supreme Court.
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Thread Information