Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions For Redietz on PFA Radio

My list of suggested questions comes from redietz' comments on this forum about the Walters book. Those comments are found below:

In post #1259 of this thread redietz wrote:

"Lunch next week will feature some debunking of the Walters how-to chapters -- what he has right, what he has wrong. Why the chapters' context is FAULTY, which is why he probably included them. He knew, of course."

In post #1273 of this thread redietz wrote:

"I'm going to review the two how-to chapters with one of the guys who taught some probability. He made a boatload of notes and we only scratched the surface, so we'll do a deeper dive. The context of the chapters undermines their overall value....but there are a couple of actual helpful thoughts in there -- you just have to squint real hard to notice them."

In post #13 of the GAMBLER: SECRETS OF A LIFE AT RISK thread redietz wrote:

"And honestly, Walters does not present himself as a particularly wonderful handicapper in the book. He's very careful about that. In fact, even the blurbs to sell the book are careful, as in Michael Roxborough's "Is he the greatest handicapper of all time? Maybe. Is he the greatest bettor of all time? Unquestionably." There are few references in the book to Walters' himself actually handicapping anything."

In post #25 of the JOHNSON CITY MEN'S BOOK CLUB thread redietz wrote:

"Already got a couple of nice thank you emails from attendees, which surprised me. There were some really good observations regarding Walters' OCD tendencies and what wasn't stated in the book."

1) What in the Walters/Computer Group strategy did redietz debunk?

2) What did Walters get right and what did Walters get wrong?

3) Why is the context in Walters/Computer Group's strategy "faulty?"

4) Why does the context undermine the overall strategy?

5) Redietz also said Walter's knew the context was faulty. Redietz should explain how he knows Walters was being dishonest with the strategy?

6) Redietz said there was only two "helpful thoughts" in the strategy but you had to "squint real hard to notice them." What were the two "helpful thoughts?"

7) Why does redietz think Walters has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

If you have a question or questions for redietz please let us know.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I would just like to say I will be happy to hear him explain his views. I know little about sports betting outside the immediacy of the math and some of the logic that might lead to it. Contrary to Redietz's implication - I am not an expert in sports nor do I claim to be.

I know he created a whole thread to ridicule me on sports but the ideas I have expressed have been backed by well known professional sports bettors.

I literally don't know the difference between a line-backer and tight-end. Sounds like gay shit to me but I know they are football positions.

So please do this Redietz. I literally won't make fun of you over this and would like to hear your views.

Stop making excuses. You should be better than that.

And Mickey - thank you for trying to make this happen and educate the listeners of Druff's show.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

It seems like my invitation to the interview got lost in the mail.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Who is authorized to extend an invitation to appear on the PFA Radio show?

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    I thought creating this thread would get Druff's attention. It will be up to him to make the invitations. But if you want to be a part of it I'm sure you can.

Redietz seems to want to turn what could be just a simple inexpensive teleconference into a 3 or four day project where travel and lodging, and the costs associated with it, are involved. Or it could be that redietz is throwing that up as a way to keep it from happening.

So far, we really have no indication that redietz will do an interview.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I would be surprised if druff didn't do it. His show isn't like top-tier and he knows. Afaik he has a wide variety of people and redietz would fit. Now I don't think redietz will be invited in druffs house as that might likely be a first. It isn't because the jews don't like the monk shoes, rather it is just weird and not how things are done.

Redietz is all pride and no shame.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

So let me get this straight. People are supposed to grant interviews while agreeing to not actually meet the people interviewing them?

LOL. Youngsters. So scared. So intimidated by reality. So beaten down by their actual personal histories that they suck on anonymity like a pacifier. (I actually like that last line. Will be using it whenever possible)

Do journalists not conduct telephone interviews in Tennessee?

Cute question.

Dude, I was a journalism major for two years before switching to English (Writing Option) under Robert Gannon at Penn State. I've had photos, stories, and op-eds published in multiple real-world newspapers. At one time, I actually knew my way around a darkroom. I learned under this guy:

https://researchworks.oclc.org/archi...data/244837270

If one has a choice between in person interviews and phone interviews, and cost/time is not an objection, one should always do the in-person. I'm sorry if the obviousness of that evades you.

The old Red's, Singer's, and KJ's, are the logical result of over twenty years on the internet, and, as many before, on the streets of amateur phony gambling. No way that anyone is ever going to finally pin either of them down.

Oh, she was born in Memphis, Tennessee.
    Last edited by 1Hit1der; 01-01-2024 at 11:04 AM.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Cute question.

Dude, I was a journalism major for two years before switching to English (Writing Option) under Robert Gannon at Penn State. I've had photos, stories, and op-eds published in multiple real-world newspapers. At one time, I actually knew my way around a darkroom. I learned under this guy:

If one has a choice between in person interviews and phone interviews, and cost/time is not an objection, one should always do the in-person. I'm sorry if the obviousness of that evades you.

Among the many other obvious things that evade me is why the distance between Tennessee and Las Vegas is not sufficient to count as matter of time or cost, especially considering that this interview would not be conducted to make a profit in the first place.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Cute question.

Among the many other obvious things that evade me is why the distance between Tennessee and Las Vegas is not sufficient to count as matter of time or cost, especially considering that this interview would not be conducted to make a profit in the first place.
    Druff lives in the Los Angeles area and that's where his radio station is, probably in his house. Vegas won't play a roll.

Cute question.

In a teleconference you are face to face. Tune into Fox News, CNN or MSLSD and you will see several teleconferences a day that are broadcast around the world. Radio works the same way.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Cute question.

Druff lives in the Los Angeles area and that's where his radio station is, probably in his house. Vegas won't play a roll.
    I have no issue flying to an interview. It would have to fit my schedule, of course. And there would be other obvious, standard requirements. The person conducting the interview would have to at least familiarized themselves with some material, such as "Tipsters or Gypsters?" and Playbook's Wise Guys Contest. In addition, I would expect an interviewer to have at least read my op-ed addressing PSU President Graham Spanier's attempt to ban college sports betting from Las Vegas, my essay in The Humanist ("Scientists, Gamblers, and Magicians: Allies Against the Irrational"), and the paper I presented ("The Gambling Personality: An Interactional Approach") at the National Conference on Gambling and Risk-Taking. Since none of these are more than a 15-minute read, I think it would be easy to do so. I believe mickey crimm already posted the Spanier op-ed and the conference paper on this site some years ago.

My email (Integritysports@aol.com) is a matter of record. Any interview requests should be submitted there. And, finally, my book club co-host is currently mulling an interview request, so until that decision is made (six weeks, maybe), I would not do an interview overlapping the subjects my co-host would want to cover. Since my co-host has a semi-formal invitation already, I would defer to my co-host regarding subjects covered.

Here's a teleconference with 4 people that was broadcast earlier today:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have no issue flying to an interview. It would have to fit my schedule, of course. And there would be other obvious, standard requirements. The person conducting the interview would have to at least familiarized themselves with some material, such as "Tipsters or Gypsters?" and Playbook's Wise Guys Contest. In addition, I would expect an interviewer to have at least read my op-ed addressing PSU President Graham Spanier's attempt to ban college sports betting from Las Vegas, my essay in The Humanist ("Scientists, Gamblers, and Magicians: Allies Against the Irrational"), and the paper I presented ("The Gambling Personality: An Interactional Approach") at the National Conference on Gambling and Risk-Taking. Since none of these are more than a 15-minute read, I think it would be easy to do so. I believe mickey crimm already posted the Spanier op-ed and the conference paper on this site some years ago.

My email (Integritysports@aol.com) is a matter of record. Any interview requests should be submitted there. And, finally, my book club co-host is currently mulling an interview request, so until that decision is made (six weeks, maybe), I would not do an interview overlapping the subjects my co-host would want to cover. Since my co-host has a semi-formal invitation already, I would defer to my co-host regarding subjects covered.
    A fucking prima donna. None of what you listed has anything to do with Billy Walter's strategy. It's your critique of the Walters/Computer Group's strategy that every one is interested in. No one is interested in ancient fucking history. But go ahead and submit all of those papers to Druff if you want to. That is, unless you are just playing cloak and dagger, which is what you are really doing.

Here little doggie, jump thru the hoop.
    Here little doggie, jump thru the hoop.
    Her little doggie, jump thru the hoop.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 01-01-2024 at 12:07 PM.

A fucking prima donna.
    After decades of doing that sort of thing, what Red displays is a lot of weakness, let alone strength. I mean, after decades, that's all that he has to show for it, over and over, again. Not surprising, though, that the A=0 IQ's, and Crimm's, can't figure that much out.

In other words, Red responds only the ones still in such a fog. Ah, the joy of doing something with your own life, from day to day, instead of thus bickering with the true losers.
    Last edited by 1Hit1der; 01-01-2024 at 12:16 PM.

So the people that want you to just make a phone call are the anonymous cowards, while the person making elaborate booking demands for an interview that nobody seriously cares about is the champion of candor.

I think we have our answer as to whether redietz will do the interview. All the roadblocks he's thrown up says he's to chickenshit to do the interview.

I don't blame him for not showing. He bit off more than he can chew. In the ring we have the most successful handicapping team in history, made millions more than anyone else, that have exposed their strategy. And sitting back in the cheap seats is an also ran making statements like "here's what they got right and here's what they got wrong." You can't make this shit up.

Who on this planet is qualified enough to say that the Walter's/Computer Group's strategy that made multi-millions is bullshit? But leave it to redietz. He actually thinks he's better at handicapping than the Group is. Only someone that thinks they are a superior handicapper would say "here's what they got right and here's what they got wrong." Talk about outsized ego.

Thread Information