Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man stung in testicles by scorpion at the Venetian

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    That poor schmuck finally realized that "Karma's a bitch."
    Word got around that he doesn't tip on hand pays.

Originally Posted by ilovebigknockers View Post
    That poor schmuck finally realized that "Karma's a bitch."
    Word got around that he doesn't tip on hand pays.
    MrV does whatever it takes to get a blow job; in this case, someone (or something) to suck out the poison. Ha.

Hmm. BJ (blackjack) denotes blow job, too; I guess from KJ.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Hey, you knew I was a scorpion when you somehow let me climb up the bed, under the comforter, under the sheets, and inside your underpants to zap your nuts!
    A definite possibility that had not occurred to me. Yes, maybe he lured the scorpion in there because he's into some freaky shit. People party hard in Vegas ya know?

Scorpion venom has apoptogenic, cytotoxic, immunosuppressive, and antiproliferative effects. Therefore, scorpion venom can be utilized against various cancers like glioma, leukemia, human neuroblastoma, brain tumor, melanoma, prostate cancer, and breast cancer.
    Recently, various studies have shown the great potential of bees in increasing penis size as well as strengthening
    penis muscles, many years ago such countries as Egypt used the live bee sting therapy on penis as a way to enlarge
    their penis and strengthen the penis muscles, this method of therapy now has been researched here in Tanzania by
    an Apitherapist who is more experienced with more than three years in Apitherapy treatment, now the result
    shows effective of bee venom on penis enlargement and muscle strengthening.
    Oh well, off to get those taxes done. Ha.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Bro kinda fucked his own lawsuit by his own report.

His report claimed he was in "alot of pain" (misspelling his, not mine).

However, right under that, he indicated his pain was a "4" on a scale from 1-10. That's not very bad! I'd expect a scorpion sting in the testicles to be much worse!

The lawsuit, if one comes to exist, will not be successful. Among other things, he cannot prove that the scorpion was in the room due to the Venetian's negligence, or that he didn't bring in the scorpion himself (either intentionally or unintentionally).

For example, the scorpion could have hopped onto his suitcase at home or in the parking garage, and then got brought into the room, and crawled onto him at night.

He also could have intentionally brought in the scorpion, feigned the injury, and killed it and said it was already in the room.

There's also the matter of the duty of care the hotel has regarding bugs in the room. Perhaps they could be held liable for an infestation they ignored, but single bugs are hard to prevent, and scorpions are not easily thwarted by usage of pesticides.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

These guys would fit in better in an '80s Vegas mafia movie than this story:

Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Bro kinda fucked his own lawsuit by his own report.

His report claimed he was in "alot of pain" (misspelling his, not mine).

However, right under that, he indicated his pain was a "4" on a scale from 1-10. That's not very bad! I'd expect a scorpion sting in the testicles to be much worse!

This is the dumbest fucking medical question ever that’s consistently asked. It’s a question that has no objective measurement yet they ask it anyway. You’re really just asking what someone’s pain tolerance is, one person will answer “8” to the exact same pain someone else would answer a “4,” utterly fucking meaningless stupid question.

Typically these types of things are settled. If the guy wants something substantial though he will need to fight for it. (After all, this is a real world event, not an UNKewl fable where mid to high six figures are paid out with even filing a lawsuit.)

There are some things that may be done to try to establish where that scorpion came from...versus if it came from where the guy lives.

And no Dan Druff, just because there is an alternate explanation

For example, the scorpion could have hopped onto his suitcase at home or in the parking garage, and then got brought into the room, and crawled onto him at night.

He also could have intentionally brought in the scorpion, feigned the injury, and killed it and said it was already in the room.
    does not mean this sort of claim fails automatically. There has to be some kind of evidence to support the alternate theory, or at a minimum some kind of motive, such as dire financial need, must be unearthed. Otherwise every insurance claim would fail when there are alternative theories for what happened.

There's also the matter of the duty of care the hotel has regarding bugs in the room. Perhaps they could be held liable for an infestation they ignored, but single bugs are hard to prevent, and scorpions are not easily thwarted by usage of pesticides.
    This too is incorrect. You're arguing that we can't even get past "Duty" as far as a tort claim? Of course there is a duty to provide a room free of dangerous insects, whether one or an infestation. This is a sealed hotel room it's not a villa or bungalow on the ground floor with French or sliding glass doors opening right out to the desert.

Duty isn't the stumbling block here. The question for the claim here as far as

Breach
    Causation (actual and legal cause)
    Damages

will be, as you allude, whether the Venetian was the actual cause of the scorpion. If you can get a jury to buy that, then legal cause (foreseeability, that he would be bitten), is a snap.
    And then you have damages.

I'd think that he went and backed up the matter with some kind of medical treatment or examination? to show that he was in fact stung recently.

If this ends up being some kind of severed finger in the chili fraud, it will come out. Absent that, his claim is worth something.
    Last edited by MDawg; 03-07-2024 at 05:28 AM.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    Typically these types of things are settled. If the guy wants something substantial though he will need to fight for it. (After all, this is a real world event, not an UNKewl fable where mid to high six figures are paid out with even filing a lawsuit.)

There are some things that may be done to try to establish where that scorpion came from...versus if it came from where the guy lives.

And no Dan Druff, just because there is an alternate explanation

does not mean this sort of claim fails automatically. There has to be some kind of evidence to support the alternate theory, or at a minimum some kind of motive, such as dire financial need, must be unearthed. Otherwise every insurance claim would fail when there are alternative theories for what happened.

This too is incorrect. You're arguing that we can't even get past "Duty" as far as a tort claim? Of course there is a duty to provide a room free of dangerous insects, whether one or an infestation. This is a sealed hotel room it's not a villa or bungalow on the ground floor with French or sliding glass doors opening right out to the desert.

Duty isn't the stumbling block here. The question for the claim here as far as

Breach
    Causation (actual and legal cause)
    Damages

will be, as you allude, whether the Venetian was the actual cause of the scorpion. If you can get a jury to buy that, then legal cause (foreseeability, that he would be bitten), is a snap.
    And then you have damages.

I'd think that he went and backed up the matter with some kind of medical treatment or examination? to show that he was in fact stung recently.

If this ends up being some kind of severed finger in the chili fraud, it will come out. Absent that, his claim is worth something.
    And this right here is a major part of what is wrong in the world today.
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    The universe is what it is, and, so, it can't be otherwise. Which makes it neither right, nor wrong. So perhaps the only true peace of mind, and body, lies in also really, in theory, and, actually, in practice, understanding it.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    This is the dumbest fucking medical question ever that’s consistently asked. It’s a question that has no objective measurement yet they ask it anyway. You’re really just asking what someone’s pain tolerance is, one person will answer “8” to the exact same pain someone else would answer a “4,” utterly fucking meaningless stupid question.
    There's a lot more to it in specific, and general. The various regulators provide guides of professional medical care such as documentation of examinations, consent, etc. They have to ask about pain.

Oh, really?

What, you are against letting people sue for injuries which they themselves are not responsible for?

What about medical malpractice?

For example, if a doctor is confused and amputates the wrong arm: does he only have to say "Oops, sorry?"

Same question as to a poorly designed bridge which fails soon after construction, killing hundreds: "Oops?"
    What, Me Worry?

On the bright side, if the Venetian is infested with scorpions then it definitely doesn't have a rodent problem.

Scorpions DO eat bed bugs...Cause and effect?

https://abc7chicago.com/vegas-bed-bu...tian/14453885/
    Last edited by MisterV; 03-07-2024 at 11:44 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

Oh, really?

What, you are against letting people sue for injuries which they themselves are not responsible for?

What about medical malpractice?

For example, if a doctor is confused and amputates the wrong arm: does he only have to say "Oops, sorry?"

Same question as to a poorly designed bridge which fails soon after construction, killing hundreds: "Oops?"
    Why would Venetian be responsible for this? Short of a known infestation.

Just because some scorpion hitches a ride in on you or your belongings after a day hiking or whatever then stings your balls shouldn't be grounds for anything. More likely though is this is a setup. The Venetian insurance will settle for an amount less than the cost and risk of litigation and people can pay a few bucks more for a room than they would otherwise have to if this nonsense was not allowed to exist.

Your comparisons are irrelevant. Yes, nonsense lawsuits should not be allowed.

You guys have never tried scorping? It's all the rage with Gen-Z.

I didn't even THINK of the possibility that HE could be at fault for the Scorpion biting him in his testicles until I read some of the comments stating he could have inadvertently brought the Scorpion with him. Or have set this up on purpose for lawsuit money. When Maxpen said,"Some people will do anything for money, I assumed it was a BET that the guy made because he ran out of gambling money and was desperate for a chance to win it back. But as soon as I read that he was stung in his hotel room, I went straight to,"He needs to sue that hotel!" Without even thinking HE could be at fault.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

The whole case is full of shit. It's an obvious set-up and everybody involved either knows it or soon will.

As someone who has been stung by scorpions multiple times both inside the house and out, aware people know that the holiday season--which is when this fraudster claimed it occurred--is a VERY inactive time of year for scorpions to even move, let alone find their way into homes, clothing, beds, laundry baskets etc.

I didnt look, but is this guy from California?

It didn't happen the way he claimed. And if a retard like Tasha believes it....nuff said.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I didn't even THINK of the possibility that HE could be at fault for the Scorpion biting him in his testicles until I read some of the comments stating he could have inadvertently brought the Scorpion with him. Or have set this up on purpose for lawsuit money. When Maxpen said,"Some people will do anything for money, I assumed it was a BET that the guy made because he ran out of gambling money and was desperate for a chance to win it back. But as soon as I read that he was stung in his hotel room, I went straight to,"He needs to sue that hotel!" Without even thinking HE could be at fault.
    This is why people like you shouldn't be allowed to vote....RIP

Go sue one of your friends or something.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I assumed it was a BET that the guy made...

There's tales out there about weird shit people do to win bets.

Like the guy who IIRC won about $100K betting that he'd have a plastic surgeon graft on a set of nice silicone tits which he kept attached for a year or so.
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information