Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
It suggests they do analysis by individual hands. Thst info isn't broadcast by the machine, right? I don't think machines have some plugin ability? Like a browser or something similar. So how does this even work?
The technology is actually pretty old. The Winpoker software for analyzing and learning vp games is 27 year old technology. In the pic below I put it in training mode, played some hands at 9/6 Jacks (99.54%)and intentionally made 14 errors. In the upper right hand corner it showed that I was playing at only 98.14% of optimum.

If one routinely makes those same mistakes it turns a 99.54% game into a 97.7% game. This would be valuable information to slot operations or marketing or whatever. Offers can be based on how good or bad the player is.

In this training mode you can turn on the warning feature that will tell you when you're making a mistake.
The code/calculations are straight forward. I ran into a guy playing poker out of state who had written this sort of thing. It really isn't hard at all for someone with a high enough IQ. If you were a coder, you'd be able to create this technology. I suspect you could do it on your own if you really desired. Your aptitude for analyzing machine equity suggests to me that you could do such a thing. (big learning curve on the coding)

The problem is that they have to integrate this with existing machines. Or replace the machines. So if you don't replace the machines, then the error analysis has to either be done on the backend or inside the machine itself.

Do gamemaster (?) video poker machines have some plugin capability to run the analyzer on the same machine? Given gaming laws and many other factors - this does NOT seem likely. (Gamemaster would implement this themselves before they'd architect some plugin capability which would just open up tons of potential security issues).

So that leaves that some backend system looks at the errors but then the backend systems need to know what was dealt/selected. And for that to happen the VP machine has to broadcast what happened.

Maybe there are some select newer machines this works on. Maybe you upgrade the VP machines enough and they have a capability to send the player's actions to a central server? This is the only thing that makes sense to me if they are analyzing per hand.

My guess is they don't believe their own marketing. They're grasping for straws and so they get someone to just make up some bullshit. Perhaps backed with some real set of numbers. The truth though is that theyd never be sued for lying in their marketing like that so I'm not sure it matters. Just make up crazy numbers and away they go.