Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
Just because a strategy is available does not mean the game itself is a good play. You have to think about progressives and slot club benefits that could make a game like 8/5 playable. However, without these items the game is obviously a negative play. This is one of the skills it takes to play VP that Alan doesn't appear to understand.
I appreciate the comment Arc, but the comment was directed to redietz. I think redietz needs to express his concerns to both Dancer and Grochowski and to any other video poker guru who offers instruction about holds and play for various negative expectation games. Since the games are negative, and redietz says "If you're playing negative games, you are trying to lose" these authors and gurus need to make major changes to their books, and software. Whether or not there are slot club benefits and cashback and points seems to be a non issue here, in redietz eyes.

And Arc, I think you should also contact Dancer and Grochowski and the others to have them include your bell curve results. They've all seemed to miss that -- and the "bell curve" does not appear in the various articles and books that I have, nor was it mentioned when I attended Dancer's lecture. They should be educated.

Thank you, both Arc and redietz, for bringing to light these important issues.