Thread: Has Vegas lost it's charm???

I've heard a lot of people say that Vegas lost it's charm during the last 5 to 10 years for various reasons. Reasons I've heard are:

1. The de-theming of several resorts and the creation of new resorts that are just posh and hip like Aria & Cosmopolitan.
    2. Slots getting tighter, bad paytables for vp and worse odds on BJ
    3. Comp offers drying up
    4. Customer service going south
    5. The implosion of the Stardust and Frontier

I might be an exception and I'm a Vegas regular but Vegas hasn't lost one bit of it's charm for me. I like the new construction and the constant development of the Las Vegas Strip and downtown. I also like the fact that old resorts get renovated completely into something new and fresh (like the Tropicana). I just wish there would be some more variation in headliner shows. I would like to see more resident stand up comedy acts and more daily concerts of top performing artists in the music industry. I just don't care about the Cirque shows and I think the Strip is drowning in them.

So......has your number of trips to Vegas changed during the last ten years and for what reason? How do you feel about the constant changes the city goes true? Has Vegas lost it's charm for you or not? I would like to hear how you all feel.....

I'm not sure Vegas lost its "charm" but it certainly lost its "Disney-like themed resorts," odds and pays have gotten worse, comps have been cut, service has dropped, and the implosion of the Stardust left us with a movie set for the next post-nuclear war feature film.

I would really like to see the space between the Fashion Show Mall and the Stratosphere developed. Fountainblue could be turned into something nice, Boyd should pick up on the Echelon project, Sahara should be redeveloped into SLS Vegas and some additional things should be done to fill up the vacant lots. Stratosphere would be the north side of the Strip again instead of Encore (CC and Riviera never meant anything to me). I actually like the Stratosphere and think it's underrated because of it's location.

It's lost a little of its charm for me, but only because of the half finished mega properties that make it seem like the city has suffered, which it has. But I don't want to hear any of that, I just want it to remain magical for me so when I go there it stays a fantasy and huge escape from this real world crap.

The best part of Vegas will always be the collection of entertainment in one location. Even here in Los Angeles you don't find the entertainment options you find in Vegas, and that includes the dining. Sure there are expensive restaurants here in LA but in Vegas the prices are lower, you don't have to drive around, you don't have parking/valet charges, and you also can take advantage of comps. Nothing like that in LA.

In LV you literally can see a show every night. And if you go there without taking advantage of the restaurants and entertainment you are really missing out on the best parts of the city.

Thread Information