Sometimes you make a big bet hoping to take the pot pre flop or after the flop, without seeing the turn and the river. Sometimes your big bet works and sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes when your big bet doesn't stop another call the cards you dread come on the turn -- or even worse -- on the turn and the river.

This just happened to me. This is a $200 buy in game. Big blind is $5, small blind is $3.

I am holding Ace of clubs and Ten of hearts.

First bettor raises the big blind to $20, second player calls the $20. I call. There are three players now in the pot. $65 total in the pot.

The flop comes Ace of spades, Ten of diamonds, 7 of diamonds. First player bets $25, second player raises to $125 and has about $300 remaining. I've played with this second bettor before. She is very loose and very aggressive, frequently betting small connectors or small suited cards. I've seen her play K4 suited, J2 suited, and other weak hands.

Now it's my turn to call, fold or raise. I have two pair, and no diamond. My decision is to bet big to push them off their diamond draws. Fortunately I have a big stack because of several previous wins. I elect to go all-in which puts both of the other players all in.

The first bettor folds. The second bettor who raised to $125 says "if I fold, will you show?" "Sure I said, I'll show." The second bettor thinks and then says "I call."

On the turn is a diamond, and I figure Im dead unless an ace or a ten comes on the river. But no such luck, and another diamond comes on the river. There are now four diamonds on board-- and I don't have even one. I figure I am a goner.

I turn over my cards showing two pair, ace ten.

And the second better looks and looks at the board and says nothing. I thought this was the slow roll of all slow rolls. Then the bettor says, I thought you just had Ace King. I didn't know you had two pair.

The second bettor still hasn't folded, and the dealer says "show your cards please or fold." Players start saying "both hands please."

The other player turns over ten and seven of spades -- two pair. My bigger two pair of Ace Ten holds up, even though there are four diamonds on the board.

What amazing luck.