Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Dancer agrees with Rob Singer... sort of

Alan, IIRC Frank stated he had done an evaluation of Singer's system at LVA. However, he decided not to post it. I suspect he had nothing good to say and so decided to can it.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Alan, IIRC Frank stated he had done an evaluation of Singer's system at LVA. However, he decided not to post it. I suspect he had nothing good to say and so decided to can it.
    It wasn't much of an evaluation beyond watching my videos and talking to Rob on the phone a few times and a face to face meeting. Frank sent Rob some "puzzles" to respond to but they were like psychological tests than questions about video poker play. In short, there was no evalualation.

Frank also said he was going to present an evaluation or system on videopoker.com about how to detect a non random machine. It never happened.

Has anyone heard from Frank in the past couple of months?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Vegas_lover I can't be a policeman, a kindergarten monitor, or even a website moderator full time. I shake my head in dismay by what goes on here. Should I just take down the whole damned forum? I might as well. It costs me money every month and I get no benefit from it. In fact, I lost some TV advertisers because of it because they say there is too much "gambling information" on my website. I'm in the TV business and I'm not in the website business.
    Alan, you can't be a policeman, a kindergarten monitor, etc. You shake your head is dismay but this you do little to nothing to change it. I'm sorry if I'm offending you here but you read everything and have over 2000 posts in your own forum of which the gambling part is the section with the most traffic. Deleting posts that are offensive is easy and quickly done. Take people's rights away to post (short term or permanently) because they can't behave is a simple task ans is done quickly as well. You are the number one poster here so you spend the most time around here. You seem to have plenty of it as well considering the amount of lengthy posts coming from you. I know of no other LV forum where the webmaster posts this much.

But when Singer started to really get on YOUR nerve you jumped on him immediately. The entire time he had been offending practically everybody else you did very little. It's not the fact that you don't have the time to moderate, it appears you're just not up for the job because you don't feel like it. Why are you so reluctant? You even lost work over this.

About the costs, ok $100 a month is real money. BUT, it is just a small portion of what you lose while gambling so I don't have the idea that money is hurting you too much. But if you don't like to spend the money, pull the plug but don't complain about it every time.

My point is: if you really want this forum to amount to something you really need to change what goes on here. If you don't want to put the effort and energy in that, this thing is going nowhere.

There are multiple LV forums out there that are valuable, with good info and people that don't make a sport out of beating eachother up verbally.

Vegas_lover, I am against censorship. Comments in bad taste I will remove. But when it comes to censorship... well... you're talking to a guy who has been in court and has stopped court proceedings to protest that the judge would not allow us to set up a camera despite a new law that gave us free access... and you're talking to a guy who has told prosecutors that he would not reveal a source or confidential comments and told the prosecutor he was ready to go to jail for the duration of the trial. So I'm not going to censor anyone here.

And as I've said many times, ironically this became the most used forum... it wasn't designed to be that way. This was an after-thought after starting a forum for media discussions.

Frankly, I'd rather talk about the media. I just watched our local NBC station during the Olympics broadcast run a pre-recorded promo for feature reports about the Olympics on their late news instead of doing a live cut-in about the 4.4 earthquake that we just had and everyone in SoCal felt. I sure felt it. Somebody in the NBC newsroom was not on the ball. And Im going to post this now in the media forum.

Originally Posted by Count Room View Post
    As for Rob's acronyms....RTT is Romp Through Town and SPS is Single Play Strategy

RTT is a brief strategy that goes up huge in demominations....25c/$1/$5/maybe $25?

SPS is a slower set of step-ups

EDIT - By the way, you've mentioned the prohibitive costs of running this forum a fair number of times. Can you kindly share how much it costs on a monthly basis, exactly?

DOUBLE EDIT - From the times I remember corresponding with Rob years ago he said that each demonimation is 400 credits. 100 credits Bonus Poker and 300 credits Triple Bonus Poker+....Double Double Bonus or even Super Double Bonus could be substituted for TBP+. The guiding idea is to increase the game variance within each denomination overall.
    TDB etc - only when 3 of a kind returns 3 credits.

Thread Information