Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Putting your faith in "the math." Really???

Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
    Singer disciples appear to be overly sensitive for some reason.
    Singer non-disciples appear to be closed minded and in-sensitive.

Sorry that I hurt your feelings.
    All that aside,I truly believe that you are a gentleman.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Vic, this is exactly why I've met with many players over the past 12 years or so. It is not easy--not much that provides exceptional success in this world is, let alone in gambling. I could type a million words and there would still be questions. I will put up explanations, yes, but that alone will not make everyone knowledgeable to the point that they will be able to play the strategy as perfectly as I'm capable of. Videos will go a LONG way in helping, and I'm sure Alan would want to do that.
    In the parlance of the wild, wild West: You're all hat and no cattle.

(Ironic that you can't find the right "million words" to explain some of your deeply guarded secrets yet you can rant effusively about Bob Dancer, the medical issues of Arci's wife and your fabulous lifestyle.)

Originally Posted by antfanas View Post
    By who? I thought that this was an open forum to discuss VP.Non posters see this will never write anything for fear of being scrutinized.
    Says the guy who is scrutinizing my posts.

In the parlance of the wild, wild West: You're all hat and no cattle.

(Ironic that you can't find the right "million words" to explain some of your deeply guarded secrets yet you can rant effusively about Bob Dancer, the medical issues of Arci's wife and your fabulous lifestyle.)
    They're not secrets Vic. By your own admission and to paraphrase your meaning, it took a genius to develop such a strategy. With there being no one else like me in the industry, naturally the strategy won't be easy for any player to learn without me teaching them at the machines--or possibly, via video and a question/answer session afterwards.
    Dancer's a public figure who puts himself out there by lying in his columns, pounding his sunken chest on the forums, and pretending to be a success playing vp when his only success is in the vp business. Arci's home medical issues are courtesy of a well-documented history of his poor choices and habitual behavior in gambling. And as you've seen, several people don't agree that the full-time RV lifestyle in retirement is so fabulous. We think it is and we believe there's no more fabulous a way to spend these years, if both are in good health and the finances are adequate.

Arci's home medical issues are courtesy of a well-documented history of his poor choices and habitual behavior in gambling.
    What documentation is that? The lies you constantly repeat? Yup, that's all there is to Singer. Lie, lies and more lies. And, that includes his system. Like I said a while ago. We will never see any documentation because he makes up most of it on the fly.

I wonder how soon Alan will see all that math? Bwah haha haha haha

Originally Posted by antfanas View Post
    Singer non-disciples appear to be closed minded ...
    There is nothing to be close-minded about. The game of VP is complete solved. Therefore, it is identical to 2+2. We know the answer is to that equation is 4 and we also the know the answer to the best approach for playing VP.

To be open-minded about Singer's system is to believe that you can find another answer to the question ... what is 2+2. It is beyond silly.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    What documentation is that? The lies you constantly repeat? Yup, that's all there is to Singer. Lie, lies and more lies. And, that includes his system. Like I said a while ago. We will never see any documentation because he makes up most of it on the fly.

Ha! Your own documentation, as it appears on any forum I mock you about it on

There is nothing to be close-minded about. The game of VP is complete solved. Therefore, it is identical to 2+2. We know the answer is to that equation is 4 and we also the know the answer to the best approach for playing VP.

To be open-minded about Singer's system is to believe that you can find another answer to the question ... what is 2+2. It is beyond silly.
    How about saying he's ME arci! C'Mon poor baby, you know you want to...you KNOW you want to take your anger out on someone, and how better a way to get it off your chest than to accuse another poster you don't agree with and who gets under your skin, as being me!?

The "math" for the special plays is listed on my website pages, for each of the special plays. You can see them here: http://alanbestbuys.com/id194.html

With each video the math is shown for the "optimum hold" and for the "Singer play." There is no guesswork here. The optimum holds do have the higher expected return -- Singer is quite upfront about each and every one.

Why do you continue to harp on the issue of the math? Nothing about Singer's strategy says your math is wrong. All he is saying is that if you play differently you have a chance to beat the game. (Oh, never mind. We've gone through this 5,783,224 times before.)

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    The "math" for the special plays is listed on my website pages, for each of the special plays. You can see them here: http://alanbestbuys.com/id194.html
    This statement shows just how little you know. You don't even touch on the things that are really important. You know, like the special plays don't really do what Singer claims they do. Most of them make it less likely he will reach a win goal.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    With each video the math is shown for the "optimum hold" and for the "Singer play." There is no guesswork here. The optimum holds do have the higher expected return -- Singer is quite upfront about each and every one.

Why do you continue to harp on the issue of the math? Nothing about Singer's strategy says your math is wrong. All he is saying is that if you play differently you have a chance to beat the game. (Oh, never mind. We've gone through this 5,783,224 times before.)
    Yes Alan, we know what he says. We also know it's a bunch of nonsense and anyone who believes it is a sucker.

You can also play blinded folded and you will "have a chance to beat the game". Would you make that choice? If not, then why do you make one that's only different in the total amount you choose to lose.

And just because you choose to ignore rational thought 5 million times does not change a thing. It only makes you look foolish.

Alan, DELETED

Then, realize his disagreement with the special plays only goes so far. All be sees is an ER reduction into infinity, so he will naturally claim they can't possibly help today. He just doesn't have the required math skills to help him understand what and how the difference is, and even if he did, nothing would fit his agenda. DELETED
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 08-19-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Silly Singer, your tricks are for kids.

Most intelligent adults can see right through you. Notice he uses the word "math" but never supplies any math. That is your key to understand he is lying through his teeth. Also note how he continues to try and make it about my life which has absolutely no bearing on the situation.

DELETED Anyone who believes that nonsense should not play poker. They are an easy mark.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 08-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.

What I believe he means Alan, is that in the AART strategy (I haven't explained it to you thoroughly yet) when you're dealt two pair or better on any level as the first hand in that level, you automatically win your mini-win goal and go back to the lowest denomination to start again. The $1.25 reference means he started at the 25c level, I expect. I would not, however, ever go for the four Aces over holding the FH in this case, because your first goal is to attain a mini-win goal, and since that's been done with the FH, there's no need to go for a special play--even if there's a decent possibility of being done. IE, going home with a four Aces hit.
    Wow! So you would take the mini-win goal with a full house,EVEN THOUGH you accomplished it with the 3 A's? That's 15 credits and you'd only need 10 for a mini-win goal. It was my first hand as I progressed in this situation-and it's happened a lots-although not with A's. If so, would you then leave the machine? Thanks.

Silly Singer, your tricks are for kids.

Most intelligent adults can see right through you. Notice he uses the word "math" but never supplies any math. That is your key to understand he is lying through his teeth. Also note how he continues to try and make it about my life which has absolutely no bearing on the situation.

DELETED Anyone who believes that nonsense should not play poker. They are an easy mark.
    I have to thank you once again arci. You just gave us another example of how much fun it is watching the "chipping away" process in action!

Now for further enjoyment: We've seen your math over and over: 2+2 is 4. That's why your punch card era, slide rule math intellect is several notches & generations below what you'd need to understand SPS. It's sure safer to deflect the issue away from discussing why I said how it works. That way you can pretend your life of whatever you call it has nothing to do with your unending anger with Alan because he's the poker expert, and it has nothing to do with your frustration with me because I'm the video poker expert. And what are YOU the expert at? DELETED
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 08-19-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Wow! So you would take the mini-win goal with a full house,EVEN THOUGH you accomplished it with the 3 A's? That's 15 credits and you'd only need 10 for a mini-win goal. It was my first hand as I progressed in this situation-and it's happened a lots-although not with A's. If so, would you then leave the machine? Thanks.
    The special plays should only be used when the opportunity is there for a session-ending hit, UNLESS the deal gets you to you first goal, which in this case is a mini-win goal. Remember, there are also session & trip win goal I use with ARTT, and that FH can mean a lot to both of those. Yes four Aces means you probably quit for the day, but greed comes into play since a goal has already been hit along with a little bonus. I only leave/change machines if it becomes uncomfortable to continue on for whatever reason, or if I detect that it's in a cold cycle--which in this case isn't very likely given the dealt FH.

Slingshot, if your looking for something logical, forget it. You won't get that from Singer.

Singer is the only one who seems to think that SIMPLE mathematics has changed in the last 50 years. I guess he must think Einstein was a real dolt since he had to work with mathematics 50 years before that. To anyone with half a brain they can tell that Singer is lying. Does anyone really believe that simple math used to be computed differently? Well, I suppose the suckers Singer's looking for might believe, but not anyone with any common sense at all.

And now, he's going to run to his silly "cold cycle" detection nonsense. Absolutely hilarious. I wonder how the "math" for that is figured into this strategy. Bwah haha haha haha haha

And now, he's going to run to his silly "cold cycle" detection nonsense. Absolutely hilarious. I wonder how the "math" for that is figured into this strategy.
    If I recall from our conversation about it, doesn't he play multi denomination machines so he can move up in denomination during a "hot cycle" and move down in a "cold cycle"?

I don't believe in hot cycles or cold cycles. I would hate to think my machine is in a cold cycle and I move down in denomination only to hit a royal.

I see players that play anywhere from 1-5 coins on single line machines. I suspect they believe in these cycles and are trying to minimize their losses while hoping to catch a hot cycle and move up. Of course, that means they believe the machines are not really random and one can only wonder why they would gamble on machines like that.

I see players that play anywhere from 1-5 coins on single line machines. I suspect they believe in these cycles and are trying to minimize their losses while hoping to catch a hot cycle and move up. Of course, that means they believe the machines are not really random and one can only wonder why they would gamble on machines like that.
    The question isn't if there are hot and cold periods, the issue is whether or not you can predict the next hand based on the hands you just experienced. It is not an issue about machines being totally random.

I believe I play random machines and I have gone through "hot periods" (call them cycles if you wish, but they were profitable) and I have gone through "cold periods" (or cycles).

Even if you can record the hands played and show you just went through 30 hands without a paying pair, it doesn't mean what the next hand will give you. That to me is what doesn't make sense about moving up and moving down in denominations. You don't know when hot or cold cycles will start and stop, you cannot predict the next hand.

Thread Information