Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isn't it one continuous session....

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Arc the odds don't change from hand to hand. The expected return does not change from hand to hand. But your ACTUAL results can vary. Why can't you just deal with it? Why must you be so devoted to your thworetical results? You're like a bad bbroken record.
    Once again you're spewing nonsense. I've always stated that results vary. Remember the bell curve. However, they vary BOTH ways. Good streaks and bad streaks. Over time they average out. No one can force the results they want.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    I've always stated that results vary.
    Gee Arc I think we're both saying the same thing. You just don't like the idea that Singer varied to the upside.

Originally Posted by OceanCityMD View Post
    Thinking further about Alan's reply to my post, I venture to say that we play then until the machine gets into it's hot-evening out- cycle. Experience has taught us these cycles wont last so we cash out while hopefully ahead until next trip, therefore experiencing the short term luck. And we have all seen the hot cycles these machines are capable of.
    Machines do not have hot/cold cycles, player's do. During any good streak or bad streak the same hands are all available as the RNG cycles through hundreds of thousands of numbers. When you are having a good streak it is your own timing that produces it. Had you hit the keys slightly different you could experience a bad streak during the same time frame.

I downloaded an RNG and looked at the return through various hundred thousand hand continuous periods. The difference was usually only a couple percent (at most). That was quite a while ago and really proved beyond any doubt that it is not the machine.

There's nothing that guarantees a player is going to have a good streak. The odds are actually better they will have bad streaks. Hence, you never reach a win goal and leave with a loss. These losses match the fewer times you do have good cards and manage to hit a win goal. Overall it all averages out to your own personal ER over time.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Gee Arc I think we're both saying the same thing. You just don't like the idea that Singer varied to the upside.
    I have no problem with Singer being lucky. I have a problem with him claiming that others will get lucky playing his system.

As I've said many times, I don't even have a problem with a progressive if a player is comfortable with it. For the gazillionth time, I simply want you to understand that none of that is going to change a person's future expectation.

Yup, and now he has another problem: damage control

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Yup, and now he has another problem: damage control
    I guess by "he" Singer must be referring to himself. After all he is the one that claims, not only that hot/cold machines are real, but that he can detect them. The actual mapping of the RNG that I did proves beyond any doubt that he is lying. Now, back to Robbie for some more "damage control".

Thread Information