Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I decided to play for a modest win goal.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    It appears so. I was referring to the percentage return. Over time the actual % return will approach the expected return (at all denominations). Hence, going up in denomination may increase monetary losses over time although it won't change the return.
    I thought we might be talking about different things.

From what I understand, and Rob please correct me:

1. You move down in denominations to preserve "wins" during the "cold cycle."
    2. You move up in denominations to win more $$ during the "hot cycle."
    3. After losing at lower denominations, you move up in denomination so that a "win" has more value to offset losses at a lower denomination.

Now... I am not endorsing any belief in predicting hot and cold cycles. I am just trying to point out what I think Rob is talking about. And for the record, and Rob knows this, I do not believe hot or cold cycles can be predicted but we can only see them in the rear view mirror. I do agree that by moving up in denomination a "win" can wipe out your previous losses at lower denominations and allow you to reach a "win goal."

Did I see arci say "may increase monetary losses"? Now what math guy would say only that, when it's just as or even more likely that "monetary wins" will increase? Oh I know.! One that doesn't know what his searches say from the Internet. I wonder where we've seen that before

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I thought we might be talking about different things.

From what I understand, and Rob please correct me:

1. You move down in denominations to preserve "wins" during the "cold cycle."
    2. You move up in denominations to win more $$ during the "hot cycle."
    3. After losing at lower denominations, you move up in denomination so that a "win" has more value to offset losses at a lower denomination.

Now... I am not endorsing any belief in predicting hot and cold cycles. I am just trying to point out what I think Rob is talking about. And for the record, and Rob knows this, I do not believe hot or cold cycles can be predicted but we can only see them in the rear view mirror. I do agree that by moving up in denomination a "win" can wipe out your previous losses at lower denominations and allow you to reach a "win goal."
    Just #3 is valid. What cycle a machine may or may not be in has nothing to do with playing SPS, other than I will always move to a different machine when I detect a cold cycle. I do however, go down in denom. to protect a 40+ credit cashout as soft profit.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Did I see arci say "may increase monetary losses"? Now what math guy would say only that, when it's just as or even more likely that "monetary wins" will increase? Oh I know.! One that doesn't know what his searches say from the Internet. I wonder where we've seen that before
    No, it is simply based on the return of the game. Since you claim to play negative machines then it will most likely be losses.

BTW, simple math would give you the answer. There's no need for you to run around the internet and find answers.

Sorry for that arci. I was on the Internet looking up how many hobbles per minute a human can achieve vs. a chimp

Sorry for that arci. I was on the Internet looking up how many hobbles per minute a human can achieve vs. a chimp
    Sounds about right for you. Anything to avoid talking about the real world.

More than priceless! sorry arc.

Originally Posted by jatki View Post
    Both of those are good stories and unfortunately I don't have and haven't had anything like either of those happen to me in at least six months. Did you go to the Tigers game? I went to several when they played in the old Tigers Stadium, which was a great place to wtch Charlie Paw Paw Maxwell slam Sunday homers into the overhang in right field, especially during those old real double headers!
    I saw my first game at Tiger Stadium in 1960 and have been a fairly regular @ Comerica Park too. I attended a DH @ Tiger Stadium in 1969 when the lowly Washington Senators beat a couple of Tiger dudes by the names of McLain & Lolich.

Just #3 is valid. What cycle a machine may or may not be in has nothing to do with playing SPS, other than I will always move to a different machine when I detect a cold cycle. I do however, go down in denom. to protect a 40+ credit cashout as soft profit.
    And, as I understand it, you then play out the remaining credits of the strategy where there may be more soft cashouts. So this may last 30 seconds or 30 minutes, or longer or shorter? And, as I understand it, whenever you switch machines at a probable cold cycle, you start at the point where you left off on the last machine? Gotta get this while the good stuff's aflowing.

Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
    I saw my first game at Tiger Stadium in 1960 and have been a fairly regular @ Comerica Park too. I attended a DH @ Tiger Stadium in 1969 when the lowly Washington Senators beat a couple of Tiger dudes by the names of McLain & Lolich.
    Ahh, Denny McLain and Mickey Lolich. Two real man pitchers who weren't afraid to throw 150 pitches or 12 innings, unlike the prima donas of today who aren't allowed to finish a game after 8 innings even with a 1-hitter going. I remember Lolich won three complete games in the 1968 World Series. Impossible to do today.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    And, as I understand it, you then play out the remaining credits of the strategy where there may be more soft cashouts. So this may last 30 seconds or 30 minutes, or longer or shorter? And, as I understand it, whenever you switch machines at a probable cold cycle, you start at the point where you left off on the last machine? Gotta get this while the good stuff's aflowing.
    Slingshot, I think that your first sentence is correct, but it seems to me that a session can last anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 hours. Your next point has to be correct. But I suggest you wait for Rob to come back for the final word on this.

Originally Posted by jatki View Post
    Slingshot, I think that your first sentence is correct, but it seems to me that a session can last anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 hours. Your next point has to be correct. But I suggest you wait for Rob to come back for the final word on this.
    Thanks. I usually play artt and am trying to firm up my discipline to play the SPS. I just wanna make sure I understand the whole shebang. I think I do.

. I do however, go down in denom. to protect a 40+ credit cashout as soft profit.
    If you have lost at $1 & $2 level $1200 total no cash outs and you win 40 credits ($200) at $5 BP what is your next step?

Originally Posted by antfanas View Post
    If you have lost at $1 & $2 level $1200 total no cash outs and you win 40 credits ($200) at $5 BP what is your next step?
    From my understanding, you cash this out as a soft profit and begin again at the $5 level.

From my understanding, you cash this out as a soft profit and begin again at the $5 level.
    I agree but why go down in denom,as stated, to protect the 40 credits?

I agree but why go down in denom,as stated, to protect the 40 credits?
    Well, here's my understanding again. And BTW, it's a good question. I'm hoping that I have the correct view. In this example that would be after recovering the losses at the $1 and $2 levels, and also having a +$40 profit, he would then return to the $1 level.

Well, here's my understanding again. And BTW, it's a good question. I'm hoping that I have the correct view. In this example that would be after recovering the losses at the $1 and $2 levels, and also having a +$40 profit, he would then return to the $1 level.
    This is nearly correct for SPS and not ARTT. But, if you're on the third level ($5) you must recover 400 lost credits from both the $1 & $2 levels ($1200) PLUS make your soft profit of at least 40 CREDITS (not dollars, so this is at least $200) in order to go back to $1 BP. However, your first goal is to get back to $2 BP after the $5 hit recovers the $800 lost at $2 plus getting a soft profit of at least $200, but you'll always go back to dollar BP if the $5 hit is big enough.

This is nearly correct for SPS and not ARTT. But, if you're on the third level ($5) you must recover 400 lost credits from both the $1 & $2 levels ($1200) PLUS make your soft profit of at least 40 CREDITS (not dollars, so this is at least $200) in order to go back to $1 BP. However, your first goal is to get back to $2 BP after the $5 hit recovers the $800 lost at $2 plus getting a soft profit of at least $200, but you'll always go back to dollar BP if the $5 hit is big enough.
    So on $5 BP you would have to "clear" $1000 to go back to $2 BP or $1400 to return to $1 BP.Also lets say that you lost the $5BP ($500) and you start to play $5 DDBP and won $700 would you go back to $5BP or continue until you won $1500 to go back to $2 BP.

So on $5 BP you would have to "clear" $1000 to go back to $2 BP or $1400 to return to $1 BP.Also lets say that you lost the $5BP ($500) and you start to play $5 DDBP and won $700 would you go back to $5BP or continue until you won $1500 to go back to $2 BP.
    Correct. Clear $1000 or $1400 plus recover any $5 credits that you lost.

Correct. Clear $1000 or $1400 plus recover any $5 credits that you lost.
    Do you ever return to BP from DDBP within a level.

Thread Information