Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Alan's Motives Thread

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Arc, I said I would see you in court because I would go to court to defend the constitutional rights of the free press. You cannot intimidate me into not covering Rob Singer.
    No one's trying to intimidate you, Alan. You just need to apply a little common sense. You are promoting the system of a proven DELETED and every mathematician and professional gambler would laugh hysterically at his claims. There is no debate here among math educated people.

It affects YOUR credibility ... which is now in tatters.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 08-27-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    No one's trying to intimidate you, Alan. You just need to apply a little common sense. You are promoting the system of a proven DELETED and every mathematician and professional gambler would laugh hysterically at his claims. There is no debate here among math educated people.

It affects YOUR credibility ... which is now in tatters.
    I am very close to blocking you from the Forum.

Edited to add: You are free to criticize him and his system all you want. But I will not tolerate your libelous comments. Final warning. You are not to call him a conman or say that he has committed a con or a fraud unless he has been convicted in court of such criminal activities. If you want to allege such criminal activities go to the police and if he is charged we will report the police charges here.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 08-27-2012 at 05:23 PM.

I am very close to blocking you from the Forum.
    If you don't like the truth you can always censor it.

Edited to add: You are free to criticize him and his system all you want. But I will not tolerate your libelous comments. Final warning. You are not to call him a conman or say that he has committed a con or a fraud unless he has been convicted in court of such criminal activities. If you want to allege such criminal activities go to the police and if he is charged we will report the police charges here.
    Good grief, Alan. There are multiple definitions of fraud. Look it up. Here, I'll make it easy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

Note the 2nd item. A person who is not what he or she pretends to be.

That is a perfect description of Singer. He claimed he lived in a big house and now we know that was a lie. From that little fact you can deduce he is likely lying about his gambling as well. How could a person who lives in a small apartment while clearly fantasizing about living in a much bigger place afford to risk over $50K in a single session? He probably doesn't even have $50K to his name.

It's now obvious to any reasonable person that what Singer has been claiming for years is pure fantasy.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    If you don't like the truth you can always censor it.

Good grief, Alan. There are multiple definitions of fraud. Look it up. Here, I'll make it easy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

Note the 2nd item. A person who is not what he or she pretends to be.
    Note the first item. Websites can be sued for allowing libelous information to be posted. If you continue to use the word fraud, or con, or scam in the way you do I will not let myself or my site or my company to be put in jeopardy and you will be banned. Final answer.

Now, if you want to point out Rob's inconsistencies, please do. If you want to criticize his play and methods and reporting of such, please do. If you want to claim that his comments are -- in your words -- "pure fantasy" -- please do. These are protected by free speech.

But calling the man a criminal is not. And I won't allow it.

Note the first item. Websites can be sued for allowing libelous information to be posted. If you continue to use the word fraud, or con, or scam in the way you do I will not let myself or my site or my company to be put in jeopardy and you will be banned. Final answer.

Now, if you want to point out Rob's inconsistencies, please do. If you want to criticize his play and methods and reporting of such, please do. If you want to claim that his comments are -- in your words -- "pure fantasy" -- please do. These are protected by free speech.

But calling the man a criminal is not. And I won't allow it.
    Silly nonsense. However, it is your forum and you can do whatever you please.

Hmmm....seems he just can't help himself from now being associated with being a hothead. No more, Mr. Coolguy; No more, Mr. Cool..ool..ool

Am I good or what!

I will not let myself or my site or my company to be put in jeopardy and you will be banned.
    Alan, on the matter at hand I agree with you. But I believe you're putting your company in jeopardy with your "freedom of speech" approach. I can imagine prospects not giving your company any business after looking at your forum, reading your contributions to all the discussion in the Las Vegas section and the "tone of voice" of this forum. I can see why companies wouldn't want to be associated with all of this. I'm kinda surprised you don't seem to mind.

Originally Posted by Vegas_lover View Post
    Alan, on the matter at hand I agree with you. But I believe you're putting your company in jeopardy with your "freedom of speech" approach. I can imagine prospects not giving your company any business after looking at your forum, reading your contributions to all the discussion in the Las Vegas section and the "tone of voice" of this forum. I can see why companies wouldn't want to be associated with all of this. I'm kinda surprised you don't seem to mind.
    Sometimes you have to put free speech above money. Sometimes you have to make your beliefs your first priority. For more than 35 years I earned a living practicing a craft that was protected by the 1st Amendment. Several times I was in court to defend those rights. I had to go to court to demand the right to cover a trial involving Donald Trump. I was on the witness stand in a rape trial and told the DA I would not reveal my confidential conversation with the defendant prior to his arrest. I have had many confidential conversations that I never revealed and never will. At 60 years of age I am not going to stop now.

Thread Information