Thread: X-Files: The Jatki Incident

I think, to some degree, all of us want to believe -- believe in some way, some method, some means that human ingenuity and will and discipline can overcome the numbers, the math, the odds-against quality of most gambling. That's the Singer appeal.

Reality, however, is harsh and unyielding and yields no bonus points for wanting to believe.

I almost feel sorry for "jatki." Really, that wasn't even a good parallel persona. Of course, we could bend over backwards and decide he had suffered some Alzheimer's amnesiac moment, and that a lot of people misspell "thief" everyday, and so on. It depends on your commitment to believe, I suppose.

I misspell thief frequently. If not for the automatic spell check on this forum (does everyone have it or is just me?) I would have a lot of misspellings in my posts.

Redietz, I understand what you're saying. I think most "followers" are stymied by the numbers. After cussing and discussing with Rob via email, and playing year after year, it's obvious what is meant by "no one knows how to play the method but Rob."I think his last article, "What's wrong with a positive progression" sums it up the best, which is just a "generalized" summation of all he says about winning. Now I know he's gonna "chew me up and spit me out" for what I'm saying, but I don't pay attention to all those credits and stuff anymore-just the general premise-and, BTW, artt strategy is one of his best, IMHO. I have experienced everything he (Rob) says as being the truth-I just don't play it exactly like he does. And it world's apart from the way I used to play.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    artt strategy is one of his best, IMHO. I have experienced everything he (Rob) says as being the truth-I just don't play it exactly like he does. And it world's apart from the way I used to play.
    Can you explain what you used to do and what you do now.

Originally Posted by antfanas View Post
    Can you explain what you used to do and what you do now.
    Well, for instance on bp, if flushes, straights, and drawing to one or two cards don't materialize, I change machines as I've found that most of the time the TIMING isn't right for that machine-I don't finish out the 300 credits on adbp games. The same when playing adbp games-I'm just there as a recreational player, and I'm not gonna risk all those credits for a machine that appears TO ME to be in a cold cycle (sorry to mention that again-l0l.) The reason I like the artt is that I can advance up and down with bp on the strategy and watch for positive signs while having a chance for some good wins and usually leave with a small profit if nothing materializes within the first few progressions-up and down. To me, they're no different than the regular slot machines in their behavior. Now,if I had the appropriate bankroll=and there's the catch-I would probably try the regular strategy rather than try the hit and run style. Now I can hear one saying that I've never tried the strategies in full-but I have and I just like my way better. Having said that, at my level, 5/10/25 cent artt is my favorite and I usually take a $100 and play it and win.

slingshot, you wrote: at my level, 5/10/25 cent artt

Just curious how the pay tables change at those levels and if that has any impact on what you do? If I found that 5/10 cent VP had a lesser paytable than 25-cent, I would just play at 25-cent.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    slingshot, you wrote: at my level, 5/10/25 cent artt

Just curious how the pay tables change at those levels and if that has any impact on what you do? If I found that 5/10 cent VP had a lesser paytable than 25-cent, I would just play at 25-cent.
    Sorry. It's actually a 5 cent machine with 5-10-25 credits. I've hit at least 3 Royals for $1000 on them using artt. My most memorable play was after I had played the 100 credits on bp and switched over to ddbp at 25 credits to complete the strategy, the FIRST hand was a dealt 4 A's w/kicker. What a way to go home for a recreational player! As fior the other part, I've NEVER paid any attention to the paytables at any machine I play. The only thing I make sure is that bp has 2 credits for 2 pair. They've changed some of the machines to just 1 credit.
    Last edited by slingshot; 08-29-2012 at 06:55 PM.

I don't understand?? A five cent machine that allows you to play 25 credits?? Is that 25 credits on one line, so in effect, a 25-cent VP machine?

Sorry. It's actually a 5 cent machine with 5-10-25 credits. I've hit at least 3 Royals for $1000 on them using artt. My most memorable play was after I had played the 100 credits on bp and switched over to ddbp at 25 credits to complete the strategy, the FIRST hand was a dealt 4 A's w/kicker. What a way to go home for a recreational player! As fior the other part, I've NEVER paid any attention to the paytables at any machine I play. The only thing I make sure is that bp has 2 credits for 2 pair. They've changed some of the machines to just 1 credit.
    Hitting the aces w/kicker did not occur because you "completed the strategy". What you were doing prior to hitting the draw button had absolutely no bearing on that hit. You're kidding yourself if you think your particular actions made that win possible. You were dealt what you were dealt. Additionally, if you don't pay attention to the entire pay table, you are foolish. There are machines out there that appear to be full pay 9/6 JOB but pay only 2500 credits for a royal, and if you select a 7/5 BP machine when there's a neighboring 8/5 machine, you aren't doing yourself any favors.
    Last edited by Vegas Vic; 08-29-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
    There are machines out there that appear to be full pay 9/6 JOB but pay only 2500 credits for a royal, and if you select a 7/5 BP machine when there's a neighboring 8/5 machine, you aren't doing yourself any favors.
    What if the 8/5 BP machine is in a cold cycle and the 7/5 BP machine is in a hot cycle?

Hitting the aces w/kicker did not occur because you "completed the strategy". What you were doing prior to hitting the draw button had absolutely no bearing on that hit. You're kidding yourself if you think your particular actions made that win possible. You were dealt what you were dealt. Additionally, if you don't pay attention to the entire pay table, you are foolish. There are machines out there that appear to be full pay 9/6 JOB but pay only 2500 credits for a royal, and if you select a 7/5 BP machine when there's a neighboring 8/5 machine, you aren't doing yourself any favors.
    Geez, I never said it did! It was just a coincedence! But stuff like that stays with you as memorable.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I don't understand?? A five cent machine that allows you to play 25 credits?? Is that 25 credits on one line, so in effect, a 25-cent VP machine?
    Yep! And yes, sometimes I get quads at 10 credits and that's the breaks. But it's a great way to play artt on the measly $15-$25 they send us small players.

Originally Posted by Count Room View Post
    What if the 8/5 BP machine is in a cold cycle and the 7/5 BP machine is in a hot cycle?
    Shh-hh-hh! We try to mention that as little possible!

and if you select a 7/5 BP machine when there's a neighboring 8/5 machine, you aren't doing yourself any favors.
    Even Rob Singer would choose the 8/5 over the 7/5 machine, slingshot.

I have to take what I find. In Shreveport, it's hard to find 8/5. Much ado about nothing.

My most memorable play was after I had played the 100 credits on bp and switched over to ddbp at 25 credits to complete the strategy, the FIRST hand was a dealt 4 A's w/kicker.
    Geez, I never said it did! It was just a coincedence! But stuff like that stays with you as memorable.
    If the first part about switching and completing the strategy had nothing to do with the quad aces hit and was irrelevant, then there's no reason to mention it. It's obvious that you wanted to make a connection between the two events. Otherwise, you would have told everyone "I sat down at a machine one time and was dealt 4 aces with a kicker, and that was quite a memorable play."

If the first part about switching and completing the strategy had nothing to do with the quad aces hit and was irrelevant, then there's no reason to mention it. It's obvious that you wanted to make a connection between the two events. Otherwise, you would have told everyone "I sat down at a machine one time and was dealt 4 aces with a kicker, and that was quite a memorable play."
    WHATEVER!. And can you now read my mind and tell me what I'm thinking at this moment?

WHATEVER!. And can you now read my mind and tell me what I'm thinking at this moment?
    For sure: "I've got to stop being such an easy target and leaving myself wide open by making obtuse statements."

For sure: "I've got to stop being such an easy target and leaving myself wide open by making obtuse statements."
    You're right. This is my last post on this forum.

You're right. This is my last post on this forum.
    Take some Midol. You'll feel better.

Thread Information