Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to sell a gambling system, in five easy steps.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    The followup point is that if nobody comes forward, out of all of the hundreds of alleged Singer "students," who has outdone him, well, that would be (statistically) highly unusual -- if his system worked.
    Maybe his most successful students quietly agreed amongst themselves to flout the math by not publicly sharing their achievements just as they had flouted the math by using Rob's approach to begin with?

Originally Posted by Count Room View Post
    Maybe his most successful students quietly agreed amongst themselves to flout the math by not publicly sharing their achievements just as they had flouted the math by using Rob's approach to begin with?
    None of these "hundreds of students" even know the internet exists.

For the record there is no one named 'NoDice' at Wizard of Vegas.

Originally Posted by bigfoot66 View Post
    For the record there is no one named 'NoDice' at Wizard of Vegas.
    I agree. I tried to send a private message to "NoDice" (capital letters do not matter) and there is no user registered by that name.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I agree. I tried to send a private message to "NoDice" (capital letters do not matter) and there is no user registered by that name.
    Try nod ice

Try Pinocchio

Or .... pantsonfire

I return and see things never change. One by one,
    1. Unbelievably, who I was on wizards forum remains more important than everything else.
    2. Arc continues to walk on eggshells here, but he's used to doing that at home.
    3. I originally said that I Think my name was nodice on the wizards site and that I believe I did no posting there. I also said I quit there about a year and 1/2 ago. These are all things I don't write down and aren't very important to me, as they are with the old forums I used to create myself a name years ago on. Alan, instead of understanding it all, you keep saying info changed. I've asked you where, and all you say is the same thing again with no answer. Why I don't know. How about being clear this time please, then please explain why this is so important to you so long afterwards. You do know, I expect, that you don't need to become a member there in order to read it, and I did say I used to read it when Singer posted there right? On a related note, I'm still wondering why none of you ever asked what my user name currently is on LV A and videopoker.com, and I have posted on both of them recently. How did this all-important information dump about a secondcareer motorhome hauler ever escape such an elite set of Sherlocks?
    4. Redetz I can't follow how you write very easily but understand this, I am a student of Singer's and I have done well and better than ever in total from following what he's taught me. I think you said something that questions why no one comes out and says they beat his numbers. How many videopoker players do you know that play at those high denominations?

Alan Rob told me he was posting his strategy earlier in October unless sleeplessness and road noise is still fogging my thinking. I see where arc is cheering that he doesn't post it or finish other things but I'll be happy to watch as rob picks off arc's disdain piece by piece, just like he did with the chip away. One thing I didn't ask, is he only posting his singleplay system or the others that I and most students learn to play, the rtt and artt?

Now how about everyone be a little more nice when responding to this.

Originally Posted by jatki View Post
    2. Arc continues to walk on eggshells here, but he's used to doing that at home.
    Who is the only person in the world that brings up my wife's problems? Absolute proof that this comment was written by Singer.

Alan, instead of understanding it all, you keep saying info changed. I've asked you where, and all you say is the same thing again with no answer.
    Jatki, do you really want me to spell it out here for everyone to see? Do you want me to reveal what you sent me in your private message? I am honoring your "private message" but you are making it very difficult for me.

Alan I appreciate what you're saying about that, but it has nothing to do with anything I've written for at least a month. My quoted comment in your post above is only referring to how I have always said the same thing about my involvement on wizards site but you keep saying it's changed, and I'm only asking where it's changed since I don't understand. I'm not trying to make anything difficult and I just want to know what I've said about the wizards site that doesn't jive.

Arc, ease up and stop doing anything you can to convince yourself about me. I didn't say anything about your wife, my comment just meant you're being extra careful here not to cause problems for alan and you have to know how to do that well because of your experience at home. Take a good deep breath and it'll all fall into place.

jatki, all of your inconsistencies add up to a giant inconsistency.

Then forget it. The only inconsistency I know of is when I said I didn't meet Rob, and I said that purposely and I expanded on that in a PM because look how it creates an arc liefest when he finds there's someone who likes Singer. It's not important though so let's just move on.

I do hope all the PM's will be revealed when this whole thing finally blows up.

Arc, ease up and stop doing anything you can to convince yourself about me. I didn't say anything about your wife, my comment just meant you're being extra careful here not to cause problems for alan and you have to know how to do that well because of your experience at home. Take a good deep breath and it'll all fall into place.
    We all know what you meant, Robbie. Now that you got caught again you're trying to find an escape. Too late.

I wonder if anyone else finds it humorous that Robbie had no trouble commenting on the forum for several months even while on the road and then all of a sudden the only one who can make a comment is his twin who just happens to have exactly the same opinions as Robbie on every subject.

Of course, he was getting clobbered once it was obvious he and jatki were one in the same so I suspect he thought he'd let things cool a bit. I also think he'd prefer to never comment here again since that would mean Alan would start asking him where the strategy documentation was. Since nothing of the kind exists his return would be quite inconvenient. However, not commenting would be an admission that he is a phony.

Such a conundrum.

It was all kind of silly, and to what end?

I mean, it has to be easier to go on some psych forum and pretend to be a renowned expert in family therapy or something than to try to be an expert on something as mathematically cut and dried as video poker.

So why? The whole presentation is looking increasingly juvenile.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    I also think he'd prefer to never comment here again since that would mean Alan would start asking him where the strategy documentation was.
    For the record: Rob sent me a text message to my cell phone last week saying that he still intends to make his big post, though he says it is likely to come at the end of the month. I think I said this earlier: it doesn't make a difference to me if he posts it at the start of October, the middle of October or the end of October. And if he needs another week or ten days, that's okay too.

I am anxious to see it, just like everyone else wants to see it -- supporters as well as critics.

Now regarding the jatki mess: it is a mess. Frankly, I made a mistake and I became trapped by my own ethics. I really want the "jatki mess" to go away. I don't want to say any more than that. Frankly, the only one I want to hear from now is Rob Singer himself. And then after Rob gives us the promised information it's open season for everyone. But right now, it's only a rehash of the same old stuff.

So let's put the same old stuff on hold for a few more weeks and see what Rob comes up with.

And to jatki, I welcome your posts about other subjects, but please, I am asking you not to post anything about Rob Singer until after Rob himself makes his "big post" that we are all looking forward to seeing.

Now regarding the jatki mess: it is a mess. Frankly, I made a mistake and I became trapped by my own ethics. I really want the "jatki mess" to go away. I don't want to say any more than that. Frankly, the only one I want to hear from now is Rob Singer himself. And then after Rob gives us the promised information it's open season for everyone. But right now, it's only a rehash of the same old stuff.

So let's put the same old stuff on hold for a few more weeks and see what Rob comes up with.
    Let's not! Let's just throw it all out in the open. Jatki has nothing to lose right? He's been honoust about his intentions and relationship to Singer from the beginning. No need to protect him from anything. He hasn't done anything wrong, at least that what he believes. Alan's this whole thing is a giant mess and Jatki is to blame for a large part for that. He has been posting from the same IP address as Singer right? That at least should be clarified by Jatki himself. Why are you the one defending him while he keeps the truth to himself?

Vegas_lover I just want this forum to be more constructive than a jatki/Singer bashing forum. That's all I'm asking.

I will sum it up this way: someone wasn't telling the truth and got caught.

But the real issue isn't what jatki did or didn't do. The real issue is what will Rob Singer post about his system, his proof, his stats, and everything else. That's what matters, isn't it? There will always be "followers" who say and do the wrong thing.

I would rather stick to the real issue which is the analysis of Rob's system. I don't want the "jatki mess" to steal the show.

Frankly, one of the techniques in public relations is to create a side issue to deflect interest and criticism of something you are trying to protect. It is possible this entire "jatki mess" was created as a diversion. And if it was created as a diversion, let's not fall into the trap. OK??

Vegas_lover I just want this forum to be more constructive than a jatki/Singer bashing forum. That's all I'm asking.

I will sum it up this way: someone wasn't telling the truth and got caught.

But the real issue isn't what jatki did or didn't do. The real issue is what will Rob Singer post about his system, his proof, his stats, and everything else. That's what matters, isn't it? There will always be "followers" who say and do the wrong thing.

I would rather stick to the real issue which is the analysis of Rob's system. I don't want the "jatki mess" to steal the show.

Frankly, one of the techniques in public relations is to create a side issue to deflect interest and criticism of something you are trying to protect. It is possible this entire "jatki mess" was created as a diversion. And if it was created as a diversion, let's not fall into the trap. OK??
    Alan, It would only be bashing Singer/Jatki if there was no reason to attack them for their actions (in other words if they did nothing questionable). I'm still not convinced Jatki and Singer aren't the same. I'm not saying they are but if they posted from the same IP address they are either the same or very very close to eachother. Your last paragraph shows that even you are a lot more skeptical towards the actions and motives of these two gentlemen than before and I think you have a good reason to be.

Thread Information