Thread: Raster burn

I have a 19x9 lcd tv that has a 4x3 raster burn..Not too noticeable on normal programming but really noticeable in black or solid background. Is there anyway to reduce or eliminate it. The tv is 3 years old. Thanks

I have not tried this on a new LCD TV, but I remember years ago when Apple first came out with LCD Flat Panel monitors, they suggested creating a WHITE image and leaving it on the screen until the burnt-in image was reduced. While doing this, you can turn down the backlight to save energy.

As far as getting a WHITE image onto the screen, you can use the TV as a monitor trough an HDMI port and a computer. If that is not an option, if you have a DVD player that will play an image gallery, create a slide show of WHITE images. If you were to Pause a DVD player on a white frame for example, the DVD player will usually dim the output image to prevent screen burn in.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

Thank you Jason, I shot a white screen with my digital camera, fed it into my dvd recorder input and left it on the screen for a couple hours. It did diminish the burn a little.. Will try to leave it up longer and see if I can reduce it further.

Thanks again

Glad that did the trick for you!

This actually got me thinking... Many newer cable boxes have a setting to output 4x3 signal as "stretched" to 16x9...

Your experience has made me set my box to output 4x3 as 16x9 to keep this from happening with my TV... Although, I have had my TV just about 3 years now I have not yet experienced this, and I certainly do not want to!

Thread Information