Thread: wierd video poker game

In Atlantic City (Caesars in the basement at the far end where VP is), I played a weird video poker game that was fun and probably has a bad payback. It's a Triple Play (or you could play 5-way I think) DDB game. But instead of 15 it cost 30 per throw.

If you got an Ace on the dealt 5 cards, you got 12 more hands holding that ace. If you got 2, 3 or 4 aces, you got the 12 more holding that number of aces. On the 3 main hands, you didn't have to hold the ace. So if dealt a pair and an ace, on the main 3 hands you could keep the pair; on the extra 12 hands the ace (or aces) was kept. If no ace dealt, just regular play (at double the cost).

Had a lot of fun and, of course, hoped for the quad aces dealt. Never got it dealt but had trips dealt several times and got a lot of quad aces.

Regular DDB paybacks--8-5. Wonder the overall payback at 30 per.

They have that game on videopoker.com for some of its daily contests. I don't recall what's its called.

I'm sure the payback is lousy--where are you ARCI---but it was a lot of fun to play as the excitement of seeing some aces pop up kept the blood moving. So if anyone is playing for "FUN" and not sweating the paybacks, try it.

At 30 coins per spin I wouldn't go beyond quarters tho.

Thread Information