Thread: Benefits of Hand Made Rugs and Machine Rugs

Positive aspects of Hand crafted Rugs
    Hand crafted rugs keep going longer particularly if they're manufactured from great materials and therefore are well looked after. In fact, the finely created handmade carpet only will get better and much more valuable as we grow older. Because handmade area rugs are made manually, they can occasionally feature designs that are too hard to reproduce. Therefore, anticipate seeing variations within handmade area rugs that are really unique as well as impressive.

Benefits of Machine Area rugs
    Machine made area rugs will not be as beautiful as those handmade but they are long lasting. In fact, Machine made rugs come with an expected shelf-life of 15 to 20 many years even when put into high traffic areas. They're also easy to get at as they do not cost a lot thereby providing you with the opportunity to give a sense of style to your home without having to spend thousands.

Hi and thanks for joining us. Are you in the rug business? I think everyone would appreciate tips from someone in the business about what to look when buying handmade rugs and machine made rugs.

I learned years ago about the importance of turning hand made rugs over to count the number of "knots" on the reverse. The more, the better. Materials will also affect cost and wear.

I remember visiting a rug cleaning shop for handmade rugs and the most important lesson there was after the rugs are washed that they must be thoroughly dried and I saw the drying "room" where rugs were hanged with heat and fans blowing to be sure all of the moisture was removed.

And cleaning I learned was essential. When you walk on dirt in rugs, its like pushing glass into the fibers that destroys them. Do you have more?

Originally Posted by sparkling123 View Post
    Positive aspects of Hand crafted Rugs
    Hand crafted rugs keep going longer particularly if they're manufactured from great materials and therefore are well looked after. In fact, the finely created handmade carpet only will get better and much more valuable as we grow older. Because handmade area rugs are made manually, they can occasionally feature designs that are too hard to reproduce. Therefore, anticipate seeing variations within handmade area rugs that are really unique as well as impressive.

Benefits of Machine Area rugs
    Machine made area rugs will not be as beautiful as those handmade but they are long lasting. In fact, Machine made rugs come with an expected shelf-life of 15 to 20 many years even when put into high traffic areas. They're also easy to get at as they do not cost a lot thereby providing you with the opportunity to give a sense of style to your home without having to spend thousands.
    I am totally agree with you. You are 100% good here that they are also simple to get at as they do not price a lot thereby offering you with to be able to provide a design to your home without having to invest countless numbers.

I agree that the designs of the Hand crafted Rugs looks very nice but the machine made rugs have a long life and it is durable. But every one have their own choice. Machine made rugs are very easy to clean.

Thread Information