Thread: What's your favorite fast food restaurant, and why?

What's your favorite fast food restaurant and why?

For me, it varies with the particular meal/time of day. I eat a lot on the run because we are always on the road shooting videos all over.

McDonalds is my favorite for breakfast because of the egg McMuffin. After all these years, no one can beat it. The sausage McMuffin is my second favorite, but when I am driving and eating behind the wheel the sausage McMuffin becomes #1. I have given up eating burgers at Mcdonalds. Their cookies are pretty good and shakes are out of my diet.

Carl's Jr. I think has the best burgers. I love their Western Bacon Cheeseburger with the onion ring and the barbecue sauce. And I like their cheesecake. I spend a lot more on cheesecake at other restaurants, but the Carl's cheesecake is just as good at a fraction of the price. The chocolate chip cookies have been a family favorite for years. The onion rings are good but I don't eat bags of them as I used to.

In N Out. I don't know what all the hoopla is all about. I don't think the burgers are that good and the menu is limited. I prefer just getting a grilled cheese there.

Jack In The Box. Now there's a place for great grilled cheese sandwiches!! But some of their restaurants don't make it right. The Jack in Torrance near the 405 is not good at making the sandwich. Often the cheese isn't melted enough and they make it like toast with a couple of slices of cheese stuck in the middle. The Jack off the 15 freeway at Bundy Road near Temecula makes a great grilled cheese. So does the Jack in Woodland Hills on Ventura near Winnetka. I also love Jack's cheesecake, chocolate overload cake, and the Chicken Teriyake bowl. I don't like Jack's burgers and their breakfast sandwich with the egg, bacon and ham is pretty darn good.

Chick Fil-a. Great chicken sandwiches, and I like 'em simple: regular (not spicy chicken) with cheese. Great food. Great, extreme desserts too. Always clean and bathrooms are impeccable. I don't care about the "political opposition" -- I'll eat there whenever there is one nearby.

Burger King. Also like their burgers. But to be honest, I haven't been at a BK in a while. Back when I lived and worked in Miami, BK which had its headquarters in Miami, used to have a "test restaurant" near where I lived in West Kendall. Nothing beat their "breakfast bar" which was loaded with various toppings for your pancakes. Too bad that didn't continue. I went through college eating Whoppers. I also dated a secretary to one of the execs at BK years ago. What a great looking blonde. But that's another story.

Wendy's. I've been eating at Wendy's lately. Good chicken sandwich. I never cared much for their burgers. But their baked potatoes loaded with cheese and broccoli are great.

All restaurants have their own attraction. I like Burger King, Wendy's, Popeye's, Subway, Dairy Queen, White Castle, Jack in the Box and Hardees. I like fast food so I like all places.
    Wings Hinterland Retreat
    31 Red Oak Drive Tallai QLD 4213 Australia
    Phone : +61 407 037 811
    wingshinterlandretreat.com
    Massive Luxury Holiday Home for 21 persons. Perfect for Family Holidays or corporate getaways.
    Wings Gold Coast

White Castle and Hardees -- last time I ate at one of those was in New York in the 1970s.

Surprised you don't like In N Out's burgers, but enjoy those at Jack in the Box and Burger King.

Both Jack in the Box and Burger King use frozen, low-quality meat for their burgers. In N Out does not freeze their burgers, and their meat is of higher quality. There's no comparison.

The In N Out fries are hit and miss, though. They can be great if hot and fresh, but easily get soggy if trapped in a steamy bag, and can get stiff and tasteless if cold.

McDonald's fries are great, but everything else on the menu sucks (except the ice cream and cookies, which are pretty good).

The Carl's Jr Six Dollar burger is decent, but as the name suggests, it's expensive. It was actually a lot less than $6 when first introduced, and was poking fun that restaurants charge $6 for the same burger they sell for half of that.

Wendy's burgers are decent, but I like their white-meat chicken nuggets there. They are far better than McDonald's McNuggets, which are gross.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I don't like Jack In The Box burgers. It's the "different food" at Jack that I like -- grilled cheese (add the bacon, it's good but I gained five pounds quickly), the teriyaki chicken bowls, the chicken salads (big piece of chicken).

In N Out burgers never did anything for me. If it came down to a choice between a Carl's Western Bacon Cheeseburger and a double-double at In N Out, Carls wins. But put a Jack on the third corner of the intersection and Jack wins. Put Chick Fil A anywhere near the other three and Chick wins.

My favorites, because I'm kind of a health fanatic even at this age, are Subway & Samurai Sams. But when we want to go bad we like Five Guys Burgers (I get their delicious veggie wrap) and fabulous fries. They even serve shelled peanuts while you wait.

I haven't even been inside a McDonald's or BK in probably 35 years, and I've never been to Wendy's, In and Out, or any of those other places. I'm not a vegetarian, but generally the only meat I have is what my wife cooks or I grill.

I've been to two different Five Guys locations and I was unimpressed. I didn't think the fries were that good, the burgers didn't impress me, I don't care for the peanuts, and the whole thing was a letdown since I heard so many great things about the chain. Another Five Guys opened closer to me here in LA (the first two I visited were some distance away) and since the new location opened nearby I have heard "zero buzz" about it.

Thanks for bringing up Subway. I like Subway a lot and they even have a breakdown of menu items if you are watching things such as salt intake.

Thread Information