Thread: A Calculated Gamble

Tonight after dinner in the bar at the Lone Eagle Grille at the Hyatt on Lake Tahoe, I got involved in a discussion about the election with a small group of young people from Sacramento. As are many political presidential mentions these days, it at times became heated and even emotional. What was unusual about it all is that we were ALL Romney supporters.

These yuppies were cut & dry believers that Mitt will take it today. I otoh and as much as I want & hope he does win, do not think he will and I believe it is a huge shame for this country if he loses. The reasons I gave are that Obama is a champion for all the ploppys who only want the free stuff without end and without ever having to be bothered by the word "motivation" again, and there are a helluva lot of such people"; regardless of the high unemployment among blacks and the unprecedented misery he's caused them, they will vote for him even if they watched him torture & kill Denzel, MJ, Rhianna, and even his Vice President; and this is the most disturbing--that even though every American citizen already knows the facts about Benghazi, there are still many many voters willing to give the lying and heartless administration a pass. Even the death of four American heroes and the ensuing sweeping it all under the rug won't sway them away from their chosen one.

So we made a bet: $400, and I put it on Obama. Either way I win, in one way or another. I'm going back up the hill Wed. to crow to them about my win. And BTW, two of these people have heard of me, so each couple gets each of my books with my next visit.

I'm afraid it's our generation. Almost every new hire at work HAS TO BE TOLD each and every part of their job or they simply can't function. And God forbid if anyone should tell them to put up their cell phones and quit texting. Hell, they even wear the earbuds while working! And yes, all the management knows.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I'm afraid it's our generation. Almost every new hire at work HAS TO BE TOLD each and every part of their job or they simply can't function. And God forbid if anyone should tell them to put up their cell phones and quit texting. Hell, they even wear the earbuds while working! And yes, all the management knows.
    A young lady in the voting line this morning had her earbuds plugged in.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    And BTW, two of these people have heard of me, so each couple gets each of my books with my next visit.
    Irrelevant and self serving as usual.

I'm afraid we lose either way with these 2 candidates

Rob, what is your probability that they will pay should the election go the way of your bet?

It's on the honor system. We have each other's cell no's. and they said they'll be there all week. I know I'll go back up there on Wed. win or lose. I expect honesty and if I win and get stiffed, it's only $400 anyway. I'll let you know what happens.

Vic, if you'd like a book please let me know. I no longer have any more of The Undeniable Truth, but do have the other.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    It's on the honor system. We have each other's cell no's. and they said they'll be there all week. I know I'll go back up there on Wed. win or lose. I expect honesty and if I win and get stiffed, it's only $400 anyway. I'll let you know what happens.

Vic, if you'd like a book please let me know. I no longer have any more of The Undeniable Truth, but do have the other.
    I suppose that would be "Rambling and gambling thru Nevada?" I actually learned as much reading your episodes on your former web site. Would be a great book.

Actually Rob--you made a great bet. Not cause you won, but the odds were Obama -200; Romney +170-----and you got even money on Obama.

A few weeks ago Obama was -380; all the late money was on Romney.

Even Arci should like your bet!!

Yes you're right, but it's a tough bet when you really don't want your side to win.

Arci would be biting his tongue if he agreed I had the advantage.

Thread Information