Investors will want to blame someone or some thing for today's 300+ point sell off in the Dow Industrials. Early reports in the media blamed everything, literally. Some reports cited the continuing European financial crisis.l Others pointed to tax hikes in this country at the end of the year. Some said there might be another recession coming in the first quarter of 2013. There were worries about a new storm in the Northeast. But no one came out and said -- Romney lost and Obama won and that's not what Wall Street wanted.

Well, did Wall Street want Romney to win? I think so. I think the recent rally on Wall Street came in part to the belief that Romney was running well and Romney was the candidate for business. President Obama was never viewed as the candidate for business, or stockholders -- but he has always been viewed as the candidate for more spending, higher taxes on business, and higher costs to pay for health care.

Well, I voted for President Obama. And I think Wall Street will have to just deal with it. I fear higher taxes, I fear that the President's health care system will raise costs for businesses but I also think this country has an obligation to take care of its own, and if that means we pay a little more so that everyone in this country can get better health care I am willing to accept that.

I think jobs and health care are the two biggest domestic issues. I'm not sure President Obama will do the best for creating jobs, but I think he will do the best for extending and growing health care in this country.

I am very pleased to see olive branches being exchanged -- at least verbally -- between the Republicans and Democrats today. I hope Wall Street investors get that message -- read it positively -- and stocks snap back.

Late today the media was calling it a Stalemate Selloff on Wall Street expressing the belief that the stalemate for needed legislation will continue. I hope that with less than two months left in the year, that this lame duck congress will do its job, clear the stalemate, and get the economy on a roll.

The Republicans cannot risk sabotaging the Obama plan now because they know it's two years to the next Congressional election and 4 years to the next Presidential election, and taxpayers and voters won't tolerate four years or even two years of more grief.

With the elections out of the way, now it's time for everyone to do the right thing... even if the voters didn't hire them for the new terms starting in January.