Thread: Wishing all a happy Thanksgiving....

We have so much to be thankful for-even in these times. May all enjoy family and friends this year. Have a Royal day!

Thank you. And to you and to everyone else!

Thanks, and holiday greeting to one and all. So, what's everyone having for Thanksgiving?

I'm going to cook a small turkey with stuffing and cranberries. I'll buy the mashed potatoes and Col. Sanders gravy tops it off great. I'll also cook up some green bean almondine and top if off with cherry cheese cake for dessert.

Up until about four years ago, there was no turkey for me. I was on a vegetarian diet for almost 15 years trying to keep my kidneys from failing. But when I went on dialysis, meat became part of the "dialysis diet," and then after my transplants I was back to a normal diet. So I have a lot to be thankful for every Thanksgiving.

We are going to have dinner at the home of the gal who cuts and style's my wife's hair... and cuts my hair too. Yes, in true American fashion my wife and her hairdresser have become best friends.
    Last edited by Alan Mendelson; 11-16-2012 at 08:19 PM.

To all my forum friends:

Gobble 'til ya wobble

Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
    To all my forum friends:

Gobble 'til ya wobble
    LOL! I must obey!

Well a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone too! We're spending the whole week here in the Flagstaff, Arizona area with whatever's left of my family, and my sister inlaw is cooking the feast, including the fresh smashed potatoes. I'm getting the turkey live from a nearby farm Wednesday, and per our tradition I behead it and clean it up for the women.

Thanks for mentioning that Alan. Makes me realize how much I really do have to be greatful for, especially my health. For those of you who haven't seen it I highly reccomend Alan's story about his kidney transplant on the front page here.

Somehow years ago this became the big deal in my family. My little niece did a school thing so where we used to be about 10 or 12 (small family) she had elderly that were alone come for thanksgiving dinner. From that it grew to about 50 people over the years (family, clients, and freiends)with my brother and me, who both love to cook, at the helm. This year the menu is (all from scratch):

Soup:
    chipotle corn chowder with sausage
    pumpkin/pear
    spicy squash

Turkey;

1 in the deep fryer (scares me to death)
    1 in the smoker
    1 cajun style in the oven
    3 breast on the grill--1 honey chipotle glazed

Stuffing:
    1 mushroom/chestnut
    1 corn-sausage spicy

Gravy:
    1 giblet
    1 sherry

Potatoes:

Mashed
    Sweet potato caserole

Sides:
    glazed brussel with bacon
    some yet to be determined veg
    what I call cranberry goop--I don't like it but my sis-in-law makes it

Desert up to women.

And I'd rather be laying on the couch watching football but what can you do.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Originally Posted by jatki View Post
    Well a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone too! We're spending the whole week here in the Flagstaff, Arizona area with whatever's left of my family, and my sister inlaw is cooking the feast, including the fresh smashed potatoes. I'm getting the turkey live from a nearby farm Wednesday, and per our tradition I behead it and clean it up for the women.
    Let's keep it civil here--don't be picturing Arci when you do that beheading thing. This is all just fun and entertainment here

That was funny regnis. But I'd never be thinking of arc at such a time, because all that intellect would make MY goblet gravy too rich!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thread Information