Call it inflation. Alan, you would continue to make 7 Stars at your play level, but many others may reconsider going for Diamond or 7 Stars. After all even at Gold level I get more mid-tier rooms than I could ever need. As most savvy Total Rewarders know, it's based on average daily theoretical, not necessarily based on status, although line cutting privileges are always nice. I am near the current Platinum threshold for the year so will try to make that through normal play.

http://www.vegastripping.com/news/bl...-levels-jan-1/

Tier level requirements are jumping between 20 and 36% depending on tier, with Diamond making the largest proportional jump. It has been about four years since Total Rewards last adjusted their tier requirements. With non-gaming spend slowly being added to Total Rewards portfolio and instant (albeit puny) dining discounts for any card holder, this adjustment has probably been overdue.

Here's the break out:

Level Current New Change %
Gold 0 0 -- 0%
Platinum 4,000 5,000 +1,000 25%
Diamond 11,000 15,000 +4,000 36%
Seven Stars 100,000 120,000 +20,000 20%

These new level requirements probably mean that the 3,000 point Diamond in a Day probably expands as well. We can surmise that margin change is directly proportional to the change in Diamond status - roughly 36%, rounded to 1000 tier credits.

Of course Caesars has not formally released this information, but it's good to get a heads up. I'll ask when I'm around Vegas in December how much DIAD would be, which would be an indicator of what the new levels are.