Last season, both Todd Witteles ("Dan Druff") and Rob Argentino ("Rob Singer") handicapped their way to top-notch NFL ATS records. Argentino made things tougher by using a forced-choice, five-games-per-week format, which is somewhat artificial but more difficult than taking however many games you want each week. That format is generally used by most NFL contests, large and small.

Witteles cooled off some in the final weeks but had a wonderful record. Argentino had a superb record, but called it quits after a bad week the end of November. No law against that. In fact, he should be saluted for doing so because it indicates he knew when he had run out of advantages.

No matter my issues with Argentino, what he did was top notch and needed to be recognized. Witteles, meanwhile, brought a certain sensibility to his handicapping that suggested long-term, not that he would break the bank season after season, but that he knew what he was looking for.

That brings me to report the 2023 formally tracked records of my co-host of the Billy Walters' book event, who had helmed a high stakes sports betting cartel in LV back in the 90's.

My co-host is in the free BetOnline Mega-Contest and the Survivor.

After last night's game, my co-host is 39-21 ATS, picking five games a week in forced choice format, and sitting in 44th place out of 20,000 in the Mega-Contest.

My co-host is also one of the remaining 166 people out of 22,000 in the Survivor Contest.

Basically, in the top one-fourth of one percent in the Mega and top one percent of the Survivor. Tough to pull that off. It also puts a context to the difficulty of what Witteles and Argentino did last year. I think it was kewlJ who didn't appreciate the rarity of earning a record like this. It is very, very rare, especially on NFL sides.

Now, I expect, as with Witteles and Argentino, for my co-host's record to not be maintained down the stretch, especially the last couple of weeks when everything is a zoo. But to sit in these positions at this stage is really a rare event.