I can answer your question, Vegas Vic. You are more likely to catch a royal with Rob Singer's system than with Bob Dancer's system. The reason is simple, and I will use a game such as Bonus Poker as an example.

In conventional play in bonus, dealt a hand such as As Qh 5d 9s 2d:

Singer would likely tell you to hold the single ace for the possibility of drawing quad aces or a royal. Singer might also make the conventional play, as Dancer would, 95% of the time holding the AQ.

Again, the question arises: when would Rob make the special play of just holding the Ace vs. holding the conventional AQ?

By the way, I've had my share of Royals. I've just had a miserable drought this year. Last year (2010) I had 6, with 3 at the $5 level, 1 at the $1 level, one playing Super Times Pay at the 25-cent level with a 3X multiplier, and yes, even 1 playing 50 line DDB at the 5-cent level.

2009 was my big year when I hit the two big progressives. My "killer year" was 2006 (I think) when I was dealt a royal on a 50-play machine for 50 royals.

So far this year a bit more than 144-thousand hands without a royal, and more 4 to the royals than I care to count. But I've had more than my share of SF hands. About two months ago playing Bonus I had FOUR straight flushes in less than two hours of play, with two of the four dealt to me.

Weird how things happen.