Thread: Memorial Weekend Trip Report Caesars Palace

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had no plans to go to Vegas this weekend, but Saturday morning my phone rang and it was the cashier at Caesars asking me if I had mailed my marker payment in from my trip last month. The marker was due today -- Monday.

"Are you mailing it?" I was asked. (Oops, I forgot to mail it.)

I've never been late with a marker so I said "I'm driving up there tonight (Saturday). I went to the bank (open Saturday morning) and got a cashier's check and Saturday evening when I thought traffic would be light I hopped in the car for a quickier roundtripper to Caesars. I've done this before and I thoroughly enjoy the ride.

I got to the cage, paid my marker, and was amazed at how jammed the place was. I had called my host who said there were no rooms available for Saturday night which was okay with me because I had no plans on staying.

I went to a craps table and got the dice right away and on my hand I turned a $550 profit. I was ready to go to the valet and drive home when that little bug bit me and said "try video poker, sucker."

The video poker machines were jammed -- all filled up -- but the only $5 Bonus machine in the high limits Palace Court slots area was open. I took out a $1,000 marker (uh oh, here we go again) and played. In short order I got quad aces for $2,000 and a dealt straight flush for $1250 -- and then in short order I lost it all.

I took out another $1,000 marker (uh oh, here we go again) and played. Nothing much, a couple of lower-paying quads and it dragged on and dragged on, and then that marker was gone.

So, I took out another $1,000 marker (uh oh, is Rob Singer going to call me an addict?) but this time I started to hit and hit and soon had a nice little profit showing when--

Bam!! Royal #2 of 2015 playing $5 8/5 Bonus. Photo below.

By this time I'm exhausted. I went to the host's office and they found me a room in the Palace Tower. It's been years since I stayed in the Palace Tower and I forgot how nice the rooms are. But my room was the smallest of the smallest and was on the the floor with a rooftop view of machinery, and the drains in the sinks and the shower were slow. But I didn't care -- I had a bed and I ordered room service and watched a couple of movies.

I sent the photo of the royal to Rob and he made me aware that it was a sequential royal. I hadn't noticed until Rob told me. Rob also said "keep that photo, you'll never get another sequential royal in your life.) Unfortunately there is no "bonus" for a sequential at Caesars.

I played a little more craps after my sleep and the craps tables were full but the table limits were never above $25. Most of the time I played at $15 tables. There were a lot of don't bettors there -- in fact I've never seen so many "darksiders" before. Where did they all come from?

I also asked -- out of curiosity -- what the room situation is at Caesars for next weekend and the WSOP Colossus event and I was told that even 7 Stars can't be guaranteed rooms. The room rate for Friday night is $500 and is lower for Saturday night.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information