Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Is this the thread where you get to bitch about repair bills? Great. Last week the Brake Warning Light came on my instrument cluster. Must be the brake pads are getting close, I thought. So I get an appointment at Midas, which I've used many times in the past and know they ain't a ripoff. It's a 7 year old vehicle.

So I needed rear brake pads, calipers and rotors. But that ain't all they found. The power steering pump was going out. A tie rod was going bad. And some other small stuff.

So the bill was $2705, $1600 for parts and $1100 for labor. Yes, I know, they just have the parts delivered from the parts store then mark them up 100%. But I don't like fucking around. When something needs fixed I want it fixed now. Time is money. I ain't got time to fuck around and try to save a few bucks.

I'm not really bitching. When you put 50K miles a year on vehicles you are going to pay repairs bills. Get used to it. It's one of my expenses.
When you live out of your car with the engine idling all night of course your car shits out at 50k. Probably have 4x hours on it you should. Doh.
Cooking hotdogs on the manifold probably doesn't help as well...RIP
How's life in the trailerhood, stepandfetchit?